anyone with Name check complete and waiting for backgrd check to be completed

unlucky_girl

Registered Users (C)
just went to garden city today and for the hundredth time told that the bc is pending and there is nothing that can be done except wait. it is already 5 months since the interview. the lady gave me the name of the district director and asked me to write to her. but then also mentioned that it doesnt really help. any inputs are appreciated.

My name check is completed and Officer is reviewing my case. I am not sure if this is same as Background check. You can see other info in my timeline.

hi amishah
when did they tell u that ur namecheck was completed? does ur case status say pending decision by officer? coz i dont know when my nc was actually completed but they specifically checked and told me that.the reason i am asking u is did it take three years for backgrd check?

I had my infopass appointment last week when they told me my NC is completed. Before that my husband called them in month of March when they told him NC is pending. So it seems like it got cleared somewhere between March and April 2008. As far as I know Backgrd check doesn't take that long.

in my case i was told that name check was completed maybe about 2 months back. i dont know whether it was completed at the time of the interview in december. now they tell me that the namecheck is completed though they dont tell me when it was completed and that the bc is pending wherein nothing can be done it does not even come under the 6 month rule so all i have to do is wait. it could take several months to several years. i really dont know what to do. i will be writing to the DO on monday. let us see if the office replies? which is ur DO?

Hi,

I am in the same situation like you. I was interviewed in garden city and still under name check since 2007. Can you let me know the DO officer contact? I want to write a letter. I went to garden city many times but no helps at info desk

Who told you that the NC is still pending, did you call to ask FBI directly or is that what immi told you?

did u try asking them about the new memo? if u know the officer that interviewed u call the garden city main office and ask them to connect u to the officer (give them the name).

the field office director(FOD) in garden city
S-Chin-Gee

Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of officer who interviewed me. I tried the phone call but they won't transfer me in. I went to garden city office many times but info desk just told me keep waiting...

Thanks for the director name. I think i will write him a letter.

did u try asking them about the new memo? if u know the officer that interviewed u call the garden city main office and ask them to connect u to the officer (give them the name).

the field office director(FOD) in garden city
S-Chin-Gee

I work for a daycare that have to do those checks, so I called and there is an option for immigrants. I did that because i never got an update on my fingerprints and they said it was completed. 304-625-5590

Is that phone number to reach name check dept? I'll call them surely. Thanks a lot.

I work for a daycare that have to do those checks, so I called and there is an option for immigrants. I did that because i never got an update on my fingerprints and they said it was completed. 304-625-5590

I dont know if thats for background or name check, wouldnt it be the same done by both though? I am not sure.

thanks kiela for the number. i did call the number that no is to check if the fp results are done. it so happened that the fingerprints i did at the ASC was never sent to the fbi so they only have the fingerprints from the previous I140. she said it does happen sometimes and to go to the ASC with the appt letter for feb 2007 fingerprints and as them to send it. i was thinking of asking them if they could redo the fps as i dont want the problem with expired fps to delay my case even more. i am thinking that was the cause for the delay coz i was always told it was not the name check that was pending but the security check. i am going to the ASC tommorrow. if i am not mistaken when u move to a diff category I140 to I130 the back& name checks are done all over again. right?

I dont know, but I would think so. Whats the difference between name and background check, wouldnt it be the same?

So, do they just do the background check?
But, who does the name check then?
Great, I thought it meant both is done and it will all go fast from now.