Anyone with March/April 2005 PD for Newark, NJ DO

congratulations lonelydove and melony

Good luck! We are almost days apart. I am only nervous about name check since i have read so much in this forum about people with namecheck problems

Don't worry

Amyjar,
There is no point thinking about it. We will see how it goes. I think we will be OK if we haven;t doen any thing wrong or hidden anything. Everyday so many people become citizen. Its a routine process for BCIS.
Then there are lawyers and courts, if something goed wrong.

Don't worry.

what about name check? when do they do it? at the interview? after thet? Why you worry about that? Wow, 3 of us days uppart, at the same place, newark. My priority date was April 18.

name check concern:

Name check is usually completed before the interview but in some cases even if the name check is not complete they still call you and approve your case pending the name check. The scary thing about name check is that it can take upto 2 years for clearance. I spoke to a lawyer about it and he said that people with common last names such as patel, mohammed, gonzales etc are more prone to these kind of checks but not limited to them. I have known people who have had staright forward cases, no common names, no issues with the law but have been stuck in name check.... that is why i may sound so paranoid about it.

Anybody with Jan 2005 PD waiting for interview?

Hi,

Anybody from Newark DO with Jan 2005 PD (or earlier) still waiting for an appointment letter?

My case still does not appear on the online status (with red lettered message that case is not found). :confused:

Any hints clues on what can be done, other than wait?

thanks

sraj did you get your finger printing done??

Try to create a portfolio and that usually tells when your case was last touched. You should have recieved an interview letter by now...as you can see from this from people who applied in Aprik 2005 are getting interview/oath letters.

sraj

If you had your FP done, you should have gotten called for interview, by now. Seeing that it is about 8 months from filing to interview in Newark, you should be having your interview this month. It's a possibility that your interview letter was lost in mail. Check with Newark D.O. ASAP to find out what's going on with your case and if an interview letter was mailed at all.
Good Luck!

How to contact Newark DO

jenimmi said:
If you had your FP done, you should have gotten called for interview, by now. Seeing that it is about 8 months from filing to interview in Newark, you should be having your interview this month. It's a possibility that your interview letter was lost in mail. Check with Newark D.O. ASAP to find out what's going on with your case and if an interview letter was mailed at all.
Good Luck!

I did have my fingerprints done in February, but no information since then.

In June I also called the INS 800 number and spoke to the Cust Service Rep, who did not have any info.

When adding the Application number (ESC*xxx) to my portfolio, it errors out with a Validation error that the case does not exist.

Do let me know how to contact the Newark DO directly.

Thanks

sraj55 said:
I did have my fingerprints done in February, but no information since then.

In June I also called the INS 800 number and spoke to the Cust Service Rep, who did not have any info.

When adding the Application number (ESC*xxx) to my portfolio, it errors out with a Validation error that the case does not exist.

Do let me know how to contact the Newark DO directly.

Thanks

Newark DO is famous for changing their telephone numbers so often. Sometime in the recent past, after MUCH difficulty I found this # :
973 645 2437.

Hopefully, some of the other appliants from NJ on this forum can benefit from the phone # above.

If you do not get a proper response from them on your status over the phone, it may be worthwhile to go the DO personally and find out what's going on with your application. Generally, case status disappears for one when their interview notice is being sent.

Status not showing online... is it sign of anything?

My info is as follows:

Date Received by VSC: Apr 28, '05
PD: Apr 28, '05
Notice Date: 05/05/05. Mailed May 09, 05. Received May 11, 05.

FP Notice Date: 05/31/05. Mailed June 02, 05. Received June 06, 05.
FP Date: Morning of July 07, 05 (Newark, NJ).

I checked online today and it says it can not find my record.

Should I expect interview letter soon?

Best Regards
Safi

You Might be in luck

From what I have seen it usually means you will get your interview letter very soon.

Good luck

My time line

PD 02/19/05
FD 03/16/05
Interview 10/13/05

interview Newark

Faizulla please inform the dtae of your interview when you get the letter. all the best!

Did recieve Interview letter on 09/23/05. ID is 12/15/05.

My info is as follows:

Date Received by VSC: Apr 28, '05
PD: Apr 28, '05
Notice Date: 05/05/05. Mailed May 09, 05. Received May 11, 05.

FP Notice Date: 05/31/05. Mailed June 02, 05. Received June 06, 05.
FP Date: Morning of July 07, 05 (Newark, NJ).

ID: 12/15/05.

Should I expect interview letter soon?

Best Regards
Safi

interview Letter

safizullah
How do you know your interview date if you have not received an interview letter.

I did receive it..

Recieved it just a day after I noticed that the online status changed to "no records can be found".

Best Regards