Anyone with I751 in process at Vermont center ?

doctordude

Registered Users (C)
Hello all. I filed my I751 in April 2011. Has been 7 months now and there is no update.

Wondering if setting up an infopass or calling the helpline would help any.

My timeline
4/2/11 Application sent for I751
4/6/11 Application received
4/14/11 1 year extension received
5/14/11 FP notice received for 5/24/11
5/24/11 FP done in Charlotte

Anyone else in same boat, please share your experiences. Thanks.

I sent mine (i-751) in May,19th to Vermont, and i call the 800- number about my case in October and i was told that the average time for approval is 6 months and told to call back if i have not gotten approved yet by Nov,19th, and if you filled yours in April, then i would advise to certainly call because yours is more than 6 months.

Vermont is known for being slower then California.

Good luck with trying to get through to someone on the 800 number that actually knows what they are talking about. Most of the call center agents are government contractors that have no more information then what is available on the internet.

Once my now wife submitted an OPT EAD application to Vermont and forgot to send the secondary evidence (she applied online) via a traceable mail service. She called the 800 number and they couldn't tell her if VT had received her package or not, and advised her to schedule an INFOPASS appointment in Baltimore, because they have more information then what the call center has. She scheduled an appointment for a week out and the night before the appointment she received an automated approval email from VT.

I sent it out in mid-June, and status is still "in initiation". Waiting.

Hello all. I filed my I751 in April 2011. Has been 7 months now and there is no update.

My timeline

My timeline

Were you able to find out the reason why it is taking so long with your application????? Please keep us posted.

Were you able to find out the reason why it is taking so long with your application????? Please keep us posted.

No, they just said that they vermont center is currently processing Feb 24, 2011 applications. She further said that the online processing dates would get updated around Nov 19 and to wait till they reach applications submitted in April.

Thanks everyone for your help :)

May case was received on June 21, 2011 and still in "initial review" status. It looks like I have to wait longer.

Hurray!!!! I got my 10yrs GC in the mail from Vermont Center today

After waiting since May,2011, i finally got my 10yrs GC in the mail today from Vermont center, hurray now the next step in naturalization.

When can you actually apply for this. When your 2yr green card expires or 6 months before it expires?

After waiting since May,2011, i finally got my 10yrs GC in the mail today from Vermont center, hurray now the next step in naturalization.

Thanks for the update. We applied to Vermont with the application and extensive evidence in June, got the extension and did the FP, still listed on the tracker as received June 27, 2011 and in initial review. :(

I guess based on this I can expect to wait another month or so. Looks like the processing time information on the website is out-of-date and not terribly useful.

When i called the 800 number in Dec,2011 i was told that they were still processing the applications submitted in April,2011, so since i applied in May,2011 and i have received my 10yr GC, i suspect they are now processing the applications submitted in May,2011 and i would think you should get your 10yr GC next month.

We just submitted our I-751 application last week. According to the post office, VT received it on Jan 5 (last Thursday) so we haven't received anything yet from the service center.

I know that we are in for the long haul in terms of the turn around time for VT. However, as long as my wife gets the one-year extension letter and has no problem traveling outside the US during the summer then I have no problem as long as they process the I-751 within the next year.

My timeline

It was two months from the time you received the extension letter and the FP notice?