Anyone with I485 transfers to detroit from NSC

eroticbrowneye

Hi...I am really nervous and worried and I hope some of u can help me out. I am a new member here. I just received a letter on 3/8/06 stating that my I485 was transfered from NSC to detroit for processing and I will be informed when processing is complete.

My I140 was approved in 3/05
RD for I485 was 5/10/04
TD for I485 was 3/8/06

Please help anyone.....

I am also confused about my category for I140
The approval notice is:
Skilled Worker or professional, sec.203(b) (3) (A) (i) or (ii). Anyone familiar with this????

I-485 transferred to Detroit local office

Just saw you message. Is your interview done yet?
I attended interview on Sept 9th 2005. Still waiting... :confused:
PD April '02 EB3 India

eroticbrowneye said:
Hi...I am really nervous and worried and I hope some of u can help me out. I am a new member here. I just received a letter on 3/8/06 stating that my I485 was transfered from NSC to detroit for processing and I will be informed when processing is complete.

My I140 was approved in 3/05
RD for I485 was 5/10/04
TD for I485 was 3/8/06

Please help anyone.....

I am also confused about my category for I140
The approval notice is:
Skilled Worker or professional, sec.203(b) (3) (A) (i) or (ii). Anyone familiar with this????

Last edited by a moderator:
my case was also trasnfered to detroit office from NSC , did you hear anything about your case . I think my case was trasnferred becoz of my criminal history . do you have any type of criminial history or arrest . please let me know if you did go for your interview

help me

satsiri said:
Just saw you message. Is your interview done yet?
I attended interview on Sept 9th 2005. Still waiting... :confused:
PD April '02 EB3 India
Hi I am new on this site
I have my i485 case transferred from NSC to Detroit local office.
My GC is besed on my husbans's case who has got his GC 4 months back.
I have two problems
1) We have shifted to Sacramento, California.I have not requested 4 address change to INS so dat my case would not be delayed.Do u know what do they check at local office as we are not resising there.
2) I have a petty mismeanor charge.They have not asked about my social security no.We were givien a citation & v have to apper in court on 03/14/07.I want that nothing should be found on my record,till the time police dont have any of my identity proof.What should I do? Should i should anticipate to appear in the court b4 GC or I should try to go b4 GC as nothing will come on my record?
I am very much worried.Is there anybody who can help me?
Thanking u in anticipation,

Both me and my wife's I-485 cases got transferred to Detroit from NSC yesterday. I haven't received the paper mail yet, so don't have any more details than the standard online case update. My I-485 RD is in June 2006. I got married in Oct 2006 and added my wife as a derivative applicant in Nov 2006. I live and work in New York and she's currently in school in Michigan.

I am wondering why our cases got transferred. One possibility is that we will get called for an interview. Does this normally happen for people who get married and add their spouse after filing their own I-485? Both of us have clean records, and I cannot really think of anything else.

Also, for people going through the same process, how long was it between the case transfer and getting the letter for the interview? Especially for the Detroit office? Any info will be appreciated.

Transfered case at Detroit INS

On May 21 we received notice from Vermont serivce center for Finger prints on June 12.07. But our case is still at local Detroit INS.
Yesterday we have given our finger prints code3. After the interview (March2005) at Detroit INS. And Today when i checked my online status LUD changed but message still same transferred ur case to Detroit on Dec 2004.. After 30 months i see a LUD changed.. on our 485. I don’t know y??.

After finger prints, yesterday i went to detroit ins with infopass. When asked about 485 status.. Person tell all different story.. Finally said wait until next month.. If your PD still current in next month. Then come back next month which is July he said..

I really don’t know what do now? Any one has any suggestion whom to contact?

My PD is current 12/12/2002.
485: RD:05/19/2003.
Transferred 12/21/2004.
Attened interview in march 2005. IO was about stamp our passports,but because of VISA no not available at that time. She said wait for PD to become current.
485 AD ??????????

Thank

485 Approved

Glad to inform that my I-485 was approved on 06/14/2007.
My PD is 04/2002 EB3 India NSC.
Case transferred to Detroit local office in 06/2005...interview in 09/2005.
FP on 06/09/2007. Approval letter from Detroit local office that the case has been approved.
Guys I am glad the wait is over. I sincerely hope you all get it too as early as possible.

485 approved

rkolmi,
My case is exactly similar to yours. You should be receiving the approval letter soon. Good luck.

On May 21 we received notice from Vermont serivce center for Finger prints on June 12.07. But our case is still at local Detroit INS.
Yesterday we have given our finger prints code3. After the interview (March2005) at Detroit INS. And Today when i checked my online status LUD changed but message still same transferred ur case to Detroit on Dec 2004.. After 30 months i see a LUD changed.. on our 485. I don’t know y??.

After finger prints, yesterday i went to detroit ins with infopass. When asked about 485 status.. Person tell all different story.. Finally said wait until next month.. If your PD still current in next month. Then come back next month which is July he said..

I really don’t know what do now? Any one has any suggestion whom to contact?

My PD is current 12/12/2002.
485: RD:05/19/2003.
Transferred 12/21/2004.
Attened interview in march 2005. IO was about stamp our passports,but because of VISA no not available at that time. She said wait for PD to become current.
485 AD ??????????

Thank

Congrats

Glad to inform that my I-485 was approved on 06/14/2007.
My PD is 04/2002 EB3 India NSC.
Case transferred to Detroit local office in 06/2005...interview in 09/2005.
FP on 06/09/2007. Approval letter from Detroit local office that the case has been approved.
Guys I am glad the wait is over. I sincerely hope you all get it too as early as possible.

Congratulations Satsiri! Enjoy your freedom from the clutches of USCIS!Happy to see someone with a similar time-line climb out of the blackhole called local office!! Did your online status change to approved when you received the approval letter from Detroit local office?

satsiri

Yes in the weekned i received approval leter from local detroit INS. On June 12th i went to FP( code 3).

Congrates !!! SATSIRI...

Thanks

satsiri

Yes in the weekend i received approval leter from local detroit INS. On June 12th i went to FP( code 3).

Congrates !!! SATSIRI...

Thanks

Congrats

Congrats rkolmi!!!

Dallas03096,
Last Update date changed after FP. After that no change to the date or status, though I received the Welcome letter. Don't worry your case will be approved very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
satsiri

satsiri: Did you received ur card??? Till now i have not received any card.. or welcome letter.. Just a approval letter..from local detroit INS....

Thanks

Case transferred from NSC to DET

Hi all,

I am in similar situation. Here are the details:

PD: March 2002
I-485 RD: July 2005
FP: February 2006
Case transfer to Detroit: Feb 2007
Interview at Detroit : March 2007

After the interview the officer told me that my case is complete and once there is a visa number available I will get my GC. However, I did not get my GC in the month of June. I am glad to know that some you go the GC that gives me some hope. Now with the July visa bulletin fiasco, I guess I have to wait until October. I met the immigration officer in the second week of June and she told me that my case is waiting for approval. I guess they were many cases ahead of mine for approval and they couldn't get to mine.

Please keep this link alive.

Satsiri & Rkolmi. Congrats to both of you. My case also looks like yours approved from local office.

I received welcome letter from Local office in first week of June 2007. It said my case is approved and within next few months my green card will be mailed. We got our I-551 stamping on passport during second week of June 2007. However there is no update to my case status. However on Jun 19 2007 our case was transfered to NSC (Nebraska Service centre) and we went to local office to find the reason for transfer after approval and I-551 stamping and the I/O informed that the case is transfered for ordering and production of plastic card. Still our on-line message says case transfered to NSC on June 19th. FYI... our PD is Jul 2002 EB2.

Questions :
(a) Did you receive the card ?
(b) Is there any update to your case status.

Your update / reply in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Regards
Sakti.