Anyone with I-140 approved for CP, but filed I-485 got RFE or approval?

No Title

Somehow no one answered my Q\'s?
Perhaps no one with this situation got RFE or approval for I-485?
I somehow think that these cases will be handled diferrently then the regular cases, because VSC has to request the info back from NVC and I am sure there will be some delay involved. Any more insights on this?

No Title

I don\'t think it will cause the delay, all they have to do is give a
wire to NVC, and they will send it back in a week

thanks

No Title

Hello! All,
I emailed my attorney about the subject that we have been discussing and here is her response. I am not sure how true is that but I would like to share with your guys ..

In the majority of the I-140 petitions, applicants indicate consular
processing because that preserves their option to apply for their immigrant visa abroad, should that be more convenient. If one later decides to adjust through INS rather than consular process, it will not cause delays because by filing an I-485 application, the applicant is informing INS that he/she will not choose the consular processing option.

No Title

My attorney said the same thing. The attorney will have to ask the NVC to keep the file till the INS callds for it,when processing the AOS application.

No Title

I am in the same boat. I called VSC, they said just go ahead fling I-485. I also called NVC, they said if you want to go AOS, just sending a letter to NVC. I remember somewhere reading that this will not lead any delay since all informtion were transferred by wire b/t VSC and NVC. I am waiting for the receipts.

No Title

What was the number to call VSC, how get the operator on line, because
i just want to see still my file is with them or not, id don\'t my lawyer informed them, she was telling me that it is not necessary
to inform NVC when going for ADJ

No Title

NVC operator can be reached at : (603) 334-0700
This number will be listed on your I-140 approval.
Have your I-140 receipt number ready.
Please post details of your conversation with them.
It gives us big releif if atleast one person(who falls in this category) posts saying he got RFE or approval for I-485 from VSC.
I am sure their will be lot of such cases. Looks like no one got RFE or approval yet.