Anyone with I-140 approved for CP, but filed I-485 got RFE or approval?

1strated

Registered Users (C)
Anyone in this situation?
Does VSC transfers all such cases to local INS offices?
Does VSC to request files from NVC or consulates? If so how long it takes?
Or does VSC approves such cases without getting info from NVC or consulates?
Please shed some light on these.

No Title

it depends. In some cases they might directly request the I-140 from NVC or do an RFE. In my case, my I-140 has gone to NVC, they\'ve misspelt my name (compared to my I-485) and so they\'ve asked me to send a copy of my new I-140 so that they can create the link. My I-485 should be coming up for approval in the next couple of months, so I\'m hoping they get to put my I-140 on file before they open the file so that they avoide a loss of time sending out an RFE.

No Title

Hi 1Started,
In the courtesy copy of my I-140 approval, it is written

" The above petetion has been approved. We have sent it to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC), 32 Rochester ave, Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909. NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petetions that need consular action. It also determines which consulate post is the appropriate consulate dto complete visa processing. The NVC will than forward the approved petetion to that consulate".

Does it mean that my I-140 was approved for CP? As of my knowledge I did not apply for CP. Can you please tell me why they sent it to the NVC.

By the way, it has been more than 3 months, I applied for I-485.

Thanks in advance.

No Title

I have the same situation and I am also in the process of applying for I-485. It would be useful to know from people with similar experiences in the past.
                                              I-485 applicant

No Title

HVN:
you said "they\'ve asked me to send a copy of my new I-140"....Did VSC request for this or NVC? Did you send the copy of your I-140 or you had to redo the whole I-140?

No Title

1Started,

I never mentioned to my lawyer that I had plan to go for CP. I don\'t know how it happened. I already applied for 485 about 4 months ago. Do you think it is going to be a problem? My lawyer is very very reluctant to answer any question. If you know anything about how it is going to work, please let me know.
Thanks.

Gulshan

No Title

HVN,

What do you mean by new I-140? Did you have to apply for I-140 again because it was sent to the NVC?

No Title

Gulshan,
I am also in the process of understanding as to how INS deals with such cases. I myself do not know if this causes any problems. Lawyers are also half literates on this, I think. BTW, did you get a chance to talk to some live person at NVC? What do they have to say?
The bottomline is :
"It all depends on the INS officer to whom the file is assigned and how lucky the applicant is".

No Title

Hi! All,
I just checked my I-140 approval and I am in the same boat.
My N/D for I-485 is 08/2000 and I haven\'t heard anything about it yet. I just noticed about this now.

You can see another thread in the following discussion.
OCT2000 "I-485 vs. NVC ??" 11/29/00 12:39pm

No Title

Hi Fourier,

Thanks for your reply. Looks like VSC did the same mistake for many people. This could be another cause for delay in the 485 approval.

No Title

Hi all,

Who ever got the I-140 Approval notice mentioning that their application has been sent to NSC... don\'t get worried. Don\'t worry, go ahead and FILE your I-485 to your Service Center, such as VSC if that\'s one right for you. VSC will accept your I-485 without any problems. I know this is one of the possible work out. It will work, so go ahead and file your I-485 without delay. Good Luck.

PS: This is NOT a Legal advice.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Priyadarshini

No Title

Hi all,

Relax guys. There is a resolution for this problem. Who ever got the I-140 Approval notice mentioning that their application has been sent to NSC... don\'t get worried. Don\'t worry, go ahead and FILE your I-485 to your Service Center, such as VSC if that\'s one right for you. VSC will accept your I-485 without any problems. I know this is one of the possible work out. It will work, so go ahead and file your I-485 without delay. Good Luck.

PS: This is NOT a Legal advice. Do follow at your own risks.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Priyadarshini

No Title

Hi Guys: I believe this is most common message for every I-140 approval notice. Once your petition is approved, it will be sent
to NVC Visa center, and when the visa is available the NVC will
notify the lawyer or yourself, a visa number is available for
you,and asking you to send a letter back to them that you want
to go for AOS or CP with in 30 days,if you don\'t send any thing
they will send to abroad for CP.

In this case if you already opted the CP on I-140 you can go
with the CP, if not you need to file I-824 for CP or you can
just go with AOS, the service center will retrieve the case
back from the abroad or from NVC(COPY)

So guys i don\'t think this message is not different from any ones
paaroved petition

Thanks

No Title

I called up the NVC. THE no is onthe approval notice. The recorded message sid that packet 3 has been sent to the attorney. I guess the attorney will have to liase with the NVC and inform them that the applicant wishes AOS.

No Title

Similar Situation, Jan/01 Notice Date. Called up VSC, they told me to apply I-485 and they will do the needful. As a precaution, I wrote a letter to NVC, asking them to withhold my application, until VSC request for adjucation.
They did the same, and I filed my I-485. I got my EAD, and FP done.
Waiting for approval.
If you want to know more info, kindly email me, on samUsam@msn.com
Tx