anyone with FP > 15 months?

patienceGC

Registered Users (C)
(FP < Today's Date - 15 months ; for all you programming nerds!)

My FP was done on 1/30/02. From what I have heard FP, for some unknown reason, "expires" after 15 months.

Is there anyone here in a similar situation? If yes, did you get a second FP notice? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Finger prints remain unchanged for life !
Even then BCIS asks for them again ?
or they just re-run checks for criminal cases against the existing prints ?
Do not bother unless U created any criminal record in recent times:D:D

my FP date is 2/1/2002. My lawyer said that they expire in 15 months and INS will send me a notice to get them done again when they get to my case, which will result in even more delay (at least a week)

RD 12/10/2001
ND 12/18/2001

PatienceGC

The report of your history based on the fingerprints, submitted by FBI is no longer is treated as valid by INS after 15 months. Why 15 months, I don't know. FBI, INS might have felt that this is a reasonable period of time. From the date one submitted the fingerprints, he might have lost some fingers, might have erased part of finger print with some cuts (I heard Guitar players loose a lot of finger print) and might have commited some crimes. To ensure that no criminal gets through, INS will ask for fresh finger prints.

Some of my friends did give their finger prints for the second time. All of them got the letter from INS to do so.

Originally posted by manjit
I had done my FP first on 12.06.2001 and second time again on 04.01.2003.

Could you tell me when exactly you received your second FP notice?

Thanks

Originally posted by manjit
I got my Second FP Notice on 03.21.2003.

hmmm so you did get it after 15 months!?!

did your online status change to FP sent? and is it back to the same old message now?

it is still the same old message. I called FBI this morning to know the status of the FP, they said they received it on 04.01 and processed it on same day and send the results back to INS same day...