Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

I do not understand why r u waiting for 9 month and did not do anything about your EAD card. It is purely your responsibility to have it valid. If you check INS website (at least San Francisco office), then it says that if you did not receive your renewed EAD card 90 days after the submition (or your expiration day of the current one), then you go directly to INS and they will issue u on the spot a new one.
This is what happened to me, I was waiting for 90 days, nothing came, on the day 88, I made an appointment through InfoPass and put the reason of my appointment expired EAD card. I received my new one 1 day later, exactly on the 90th day.

I did, But they told me that my case is under security check and won't issue me one!:mad: :mad:

I agree with Wenlock, that it's not a good idea to sue the government when you violated the immigration law. It is defininetely can be used against you. In addition, it potentially will create problems for your employer (who provides a job for you w/o EAD).

As Kefira stated by earlier, I also saw on the InfoPass web-site and in documents I received from USCIS, that if you applied for EAD and have not heard from USCIS within 90 days, you must make an appointment through Infopass and bring this matter to the Immigration Officer. The problem should be fixed.

Thank you for your reply. I keep calling the Texas service center and they always told that my case is under the security check! I don't know what to do

Mailing Address

Can someone please provide the correct mailing address to forward
summons & complaint for:

Emilio T. Gonzalez, Director, USCIS

Should this also be addressed to the "Office of the General Counsel" ???

The other addresses on the complaint are....please verify:

Michael Chertoff, Secretary, USDHS
Office of General Counsel,
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Washington, DC 20528

Alberto R. Gonzales, US Attorney General
U.S. Department of Justice,
950 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20530-0001

Robert S. Mueller, Director, FBI
Federal Bureau of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20535-0001

Hi, I m trying to help a friend with the proof of service, we served the state Attorney general personally we went to his office and deliver , How can we add this action to the proof of service package?

Why did you serve state Attorney General? You only need to serve Attorney General of this country plus your local US attorney's office (address it to civil process clerk).

Thank you for your reply. I keep calling the Texas service center and they always told that my case is under the security check! I don't know what to do

My EAD took 120 days to be approved instead of 90 days. I called the national customer service and spoke with 3 supervisors and they assured me that since my EAD is a renewal (not a new first time issue), I can work as long as the EAD is pending and as long as my employer agrees. When I got my EAD after 120 days, it was backdated to the 90th day.... I suggest you call again, ask to speak to a superviser and get their employee ID for the record. They will tell you that you can work as long as you have applied for an EAD renewal before your first one expired by at least 90 days and that the delay is from their side.

P.S: As of October 1, 2006, District offices will no longer issue a temporary EAD if more than 90 days have lapsed.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
My EAD took 120 days to be approved instead of 90 days. I called the national customer service and spoke with 3 supervisors and they assured me that since my EAD is a renewal (not a new first time issue), I can work as long as the EAD is pending and as long as my employer agrees. When I got my EAD after 120 days, it was backdated to the 90th day.... I suggest you call again, ask to speak to a superviser and get their employee ID for the record. They will tell you that you can work as long as you have applied for an EAD renewal before your first one expired by at least 90 days and that the delay is from their side.

P.S: As of October 1, 2006, District offices will no longer issue a temporary EAD if more than 90 days have lapsed.

Good luck

Can you tell me what documents are needed for renewal of EAD and also how long should one apply for renewal?

Someone was saying that he applied too early like 6 months but they gave him same card back (assuming it was a lost card request) - with same dates he already had.

Thanks for your help

I did, But they told me that my case is under security check and won't issue me one!:mad: :mad:

Are you sure we r talking about same things? Employment Authorization it is a permit to work in US during your applicaiton for an adjustment of status. Everybody here on this forum who filed I485 is under security check, but at the same time we do renew our EAD cards. Make an appointment, you cannot work without this card. It is illegal. Try to talk to somebody. This is the first time I hear that now we cannot renew EAD cards due to security check. How can we live and support ourselves?

p.s. my assumption that you were not involved in anything bad in your life.

Can you tell me what documents are needed for renewal of EAD and also how long should one apply for renewal?

Someone was saying that he applied too early like 6 months but they gave him same card back (assuming it was a lost card request) - with same dates he already had.

Thanks for your help

Dear Pankajkandhari,
Why do not you go directly to the INS website and read 9 pages of isntructions what documents to submit for renewing your card. This forum is for LAWSUITS. I believe you know how to use the internet and your question is not something that INS would hide and won't explain clearly on their website.
If you have any question, you are welcome to ask me privately.

Good luck

Hiram:
The local office have stopped issuing Interim EAD Cards. However, I just found out from Murthy (Murthy.com) newsletter about the process Vermont center follows. if you are nearing 90 days after applying for EAD card and you have not received it yet, we can go to Local District USCIS office and explain to the officer. It seems they will initiate a Query on your behalf with Vermont and they will try to issue the card before the 90 day expiry if "THERE ARE NO MAJOR SECURITY CONCERN".

My AUSA is telling me that USCIS expediated name check request back in November 06. He has not heard any thing back yet. What should I do ask for another 30 day extension or let him plead he is willing to go either way.

My AUSA is telling me that USCIS expediated name check request back in November 06. He has not heard any thing back yet. What should I do ask for another 30 day extension or let him plead he is willing to go either way.

Wenlock,
I do not want to discourage you, but I would question everything what AUSA says. Mine also was telling me that my second NC was expedited, but in reality they just did REGULAR name check request. And based on another document that they send me, now I am again at the end of the long tunnel with my name check. It is funny and ridiculous: they wrote in their motion, that they did second NC request at the begin of Nov, also they wrote that expedite name checks were stopped after Dec 21, 2006 and that is why my NC was not expedited. May be I do not understand something, but I believe they could not apply rules from the end of december to the request from November.
Why r u asking for the extensions? I did not know that you (Plaintiff) can do this. In my case, AUSA answered on 60th day, then we had ADR conf, initial hearing, they filed motion to dismiss my case and today I filed oposition to their motion.

I swould go with the extension. I saw some attorney filed cases give 90 days extension to allow AUSA to do something

worth reading

Kefira - This is great, the info in the attached pdf is armory for my
case. It clearly states that Name variations do not require
a separate check. My initial name check got cleared last month
and I am being subjected to a second name check for a name
variation. My name in birth certificate is without initials and the name
in passport is with initials expanded.

Name 1: Axxxx Bxxxx Cxxxx Dxxxx (name cleared)
Name 2: Cxxxx Dxxxx (second name check initiated)

Per the attached PDF the second name check in my case is not required.

Where did you find this document. Is this public information, would
you know?

Paz and others, can I take this pdf to the IO supervisor in arguing that
my second name check is totally unwarranted. Please reply....

Thanks.

you know?

Thanks.

Just PRAY for me :)
It is an official document, but I would prefer not mention who posted it. When I got this document I was very suprized, because imho it should never be public.

you know?

Thanks.

I would give it a try, but don't be too disappointed if you were unsuccessful.

Keifra - not to worry...

Paz and others - is it unlawful to produce this document before
an IO as proof of my argument, please let me know. My case
is pending for no reason (based on this document).

Should I wait forever (for the 2nd NC to clear) for the only reason
that my adjudicating officer is ignorant on what this memo clearly
states.

Please reply!

Thanks,

Dear Pankajkandhari,
Why do not you go directly to the INS website and read 9 pages of isntructions what documents to submit for renewing your card. This forum is for LAWSUITS. I believe you know how to use the internet and your question is not something that INS would hide and won't explain clearly on their website.
If you have any question, you are welcome to ask me privately.

I never asked you this, so I am not sure how you get involved in this.

Keifra - not to worry...

Paz and others - is it unlawful to produce this document before
an IO as proof of my argument, please let me know. My case
is pending for no reason (based on this document).

Should I wait forever (for the 2nd NC to clear) for the only reason
that my adjudicating officer is ignorant on what this memo clearly
states.

Please reply!

Thanks,

I have no idea if is lawful or unlawful. If kefira brooke in the USCIS network and stole the memo, it would be certainly unlawful, but I am almost sure that this didn't happen. I didn't see any stamp or inscription on the memo that the containt is secret, but I'm not familiar with the internal rules of USCIS, how they handle these interoffice memos.

Bottom line: I don't know the answer to your question.