Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Hi happyball,

Thank you for your reply. In fact, I have filed my certificate of service. The reason why I am asking this question is that I am trying to find out any clues that is different between my case and northcoast's. To find out why his I-485 has been approved, while my case has not got any news although we filed the WOM on the same date. In fact, I am just a little bit worried.

Well, I am ready to face all possible difficulties. I think I will learn a lot from all these. To be brave and keep up courages.

Thanks and good luck to all who are crossing their fingers.

happyball said:
Hi, DelightFish,

I think it is not necessary to wait all the return receipts "green card" back. Post office deliveried my complaint and summons to FBI on 09/11. I still have not got this "green card" back from FBI. For your certificate of service or proof of service, you can go to your post office or USPS wesite to print out the dilivery information to file to your court. This works in California.

Good luck!
:)
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

did you recevie email update?

Hi Memme,

Congratulations on your victory. I noticed that your case was in local office. Before you receive the approval letter, did you get the email update first?

Thanks,

netmn

EB1-b
I-140 RD: Apr 2005. Approved in Aug 2005.
I-485 RD: May 23, 2005
NC: pending since June 1st, 2005
FP: Sep 20, 2005
Lawsuit filed: September 26, 2006
Case transferred to the local office, San Jose: Oct 12, 2006
nothing happened so far

memme said:
First and foremost is my gratitude and thanks to the helpful folks on this forum. I can not thank enough for the support, assistance and the guidance I received from the friends on this forum. Our combined effort has brought me this victory for which I waited endlessly for many months.

I got the approval letter for the I485 from the local USCIS office yestarday on 11/7. The moment was very soothing and of relief while I read the letter and I could not avoid my eyes getting wet.

The approval came about 7 weeks after I file the WoM lawsuit (Pro Se). I am so happy since I read that letter. :D

I had posted messages about my experience at varoius stages of the process in this thread and would like to contribute in any way I can. So, folks, feel free to send me messages if you need any information that I may have.

Again, thanks to all of you and best of luck. :)

- Memme.

netmn said:
Hi Memme,

Congratulations on your victory. I noticed that your case was in local office. Before you receive the approval letter, did you get the email update first?

USCIS and myself have never communicated through emails. Moreover, I have no way to check the status online. So, I didn't expect any email from USCIS ever. I don't think that have my email address.

my NC is cleared

Just an update for my case. I got a call from my attorney and told that my NC is cleared and USCIS is going to schedule me the next available oath. It could be as soon as next week. Thanks everyone on this forum and I feel lucky that I found this forum right after my interview. Without all of you, I could be still waiting endlessly. I will stick around on this forum to share my experience and answer question if I can. The lawsuit really works and everyone should go for it. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

jack

Hi! DelightFish,

I didn't sue FBI. Because I thought FBI was just providing service to USCIS. It depends on USCIS expediting your case or not, FBI just took whatever USCIS asked for. For receipt notices of certified mail, I was waiting for 3 weeks until I got all of them and then I filed them to the court and AUSA.

DelightFish said:
Hi Northcoast99,

One more question for you. Have you got your mailing return confirmation card "green card" back from FBI?

I have not got my "green card" back from FBI. I am just wondering how about yours.

Thanks and Congratulations again!

Don't worry

Hi! DelightFish,

I had the same feeling yesterday when I saw junhuaw's post. He filed WOM on the same date as us, but his case was approved one day earlier than me. It really depends on the District Court, maybe the AUSA responds a little bit slow. Thanks for your congrats and Best wishes for you and I truly believe your good news is on the way.

DelightFish said:
Hi happyball,

Thank you for your reply. In fact, I have filed my certificate of service. The reason why I am asking this question is that I am trying to find out any clues that is different between my case and northcoast's. To find out why his I-485 has been approved, while my case has not got any news although we filed the WOM on the same date. In fact, I am just a little bit worried.

Well, I am ready to face all possible difficulties. I think I will learn a lot from all these. To be brave and keep up courages.

Hi Northcoast,

Thanks for your reply. Emmmmm, you did not sue FBI and you also won. What you think also makes sense.

Thanks again!

Northcoast99 said:
Hi! DelightFish,

I didn't sue FBI. Because I thought FBI was just providing service to USCIS. It depends on USCIS expediting your case or not, FBI just took whatever USCIS asked for. For receipt notices of certified mail, I was waiting for 3 weeks until I got all of them and then I filed them to the court and AUSA.

Hi Northcoast99,

Thank you for your encouragement and kindness. I really appreiciate it.

Enjoy your freedom!

Northcoast99 said:
Hi! DelightFish,

I had the same feeling yesterday when I saw junhuaw's post. He filed WOM on the same date as us, but his case was approved one day earlier than me. It really depends on the District Court, maybe the AUSA responds a little bit slow. Thanks for your congrats and Best wishes for you and I truly believe your good news is on the way.

DelightFish:

My attorney did included FBI as one of the defendents. My understanding is that if you leave FBI out of the compliant, they don't have the responsibility to do anything. I believe it will not hurt you if you include FBI as one of your defendant. hope it helps,

Jack

DelightFish said:
Hi Northcoast,

Thanks for your reply. Emmmmm, you did not sue FBI and you also won. What you think also makes sense.

Thanks again!

60 Days Starts When?

I notice that everyone mentionds 60 Days from filing of 1447b. Where is this stated? Does this mean, that the AUSA has 60 Days to respond to the complaint. Please advise. Thank you.

Hi Jack,

I do include FBI as one of the defendents. In my case, with the Senator's office help, I am pretty sure my I-485 was stuck at FBI's name check. So it is reasonable to put FBI on the defendents' list. But I also saw in some caeses, they did not include FBI. Most of the cases, they don't know why their USCIS cases were delayed.

So my point is if you are sure your case is delayed because of FBI name check. Definitley, put it on your defendents' list.

Thanks.

cajack said:
DelightFish:

My attorney did included FBI as one of the defendents. My understanding is that if you leave FBI out of the compliant, they don't have the responsibility to do anything. I believe it will not hurt you if you include FBI as one of your defendant. hope it helps,

Jack

memme said:
First and foremost is my gratitude and thanks to the helpful folks on this forum. I can not thank enough for the support, assistance and the guidance I received from the friends on this forum. Our combined effort has brought me this victory for which I waited endlessly for many months.

I got the approval letter for the I485 from the local USCIS office yestarday on 11/7. The moment was very soothing and of relief while I read the letter and I could not avoid my eyes getting wet.

The approval came about 7 weeks after I file the WoM lawsuit (Pro Se). I am so happy since I read that letter. :D

I had posted messages about my experience at varoius stages of the process in this thread and would like to contribute in any way I can. So, folks, feel free to send me messages if you need any information that I may have.

Again, thanks to all of you and best of luck. :)

- Memme.

CONGRATS on you case!!!

cajack said:
Just an update for my case. I got a call from my attorney and told that my NC is cleared and USCIS is going to schedule me the next available oath. It could be as soon as next week. Thanks everyone on this forum and I feel lucky that I found this forum right after my interview. Without all of you, I could be still waiting endlessly. I will stick around on this forum to share my experience and answer question if I can. The lawsuit really works and everyone should go for it. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

jack

Congat., Jack.

It's a great victory for all of us.

Regards,

Moody

Moddy:

Thanks. You will be the next one who wins the battle. The legal system really works and just be a little patient and let legal process take you through it.

Jack

moody22 said:
Congat., Jack.

Regards,

Moody

Moddy:

Thanks. You will be the next one who wins the battle. The legal system really works and just be a little patient and let legal process take you through it.

Jack

moody22 said:
Congat., Jack.

Regards,

Moody

DelightFish said:
Hi happyball,

Hi, DelightFish,

Don't worry too much! Differrent case depends on different situations. I think you will hear your good news soon!

There is one thing you should think to start now is to contact the AUSA who assigned to your case. If you already did, skip the following informations. When you talk with your AUSA, be polite and make him/her work for you. By talking with the AUSA, you will find out whether the AUSA is working on your case? Whether the AUSA contact USCIS or FBI yet for your case? If not, make him/her do it. And you can through AUSA to push USCIS and FBI to work hard on your case. Once it start, you will hear the good news very soon! My point is try to get AUSA, USCIS and FBI start working on your case before 60 days deadline. Then everything should be simple.

Good Luck!
And as you said to be brave and keep up courages!

:)