Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Vom

Thanks for having this great forum. I am ready to take action, but still got some concerns. If anyone here can help me clear my concerns, I really appreciate it.
My case: NIW based, I140 filed 2003 and approved June 2005
485 filed July 2005

1) I changed job right after NIW approval. I know I can change job because it is NIW based and I am still working in the same (exactly same) field. It USCIS going to be picky because I sue them? In fact, they may not even know that I changed job because I didn't inform them (NIW filers are not obligated to inform them, right?) What is the change that I may get a denial?
1%?

2) Forgive me if you think I am too conservative, but I got reasons. My wife is working on EAD (depends on my application) for a big company with excellent pay and benefits. My understanding is EAD would be invalid immediately if 485 got denied, right?

I do want to sue them, but my wife is kind of want to wait a little bit.

Thanks in advance.

Help for summons delivery!!!

I used the addresses that the other people used before to send my summons out to Michael Chertoff and Emilio Gonzalez, but the status from USPS is Notice Left. it said "a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender." I don't why. What's address did you use to send your summons to these people? Did they change their addresses? Please help me :mad:

Michael Chertoff
Secretary of DHS
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Washington, D. C. 20528

Emilio Gonzalez Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20529

happyball said:
[/COLOR]

I agree with Haddy!

If you feel confusing when you fill your Cover Sheet, Summons, Certificate or Proof of Service, etc., the right ways to go are:

1. Follow the instructions of YOUR Civil Case Pro Se package;
2. Ask YOUR court clerk;
3. Ask the person who filed the Pro Se at the SAME district court with you

Best wishes! :)

Hi peter2006,
These are the address I have

Michael Chertoff, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security
Office of the General Counsel
US Department of Homeland Security
Washington, D.C. 20528

Emilio T. Gonzalez, Director of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
Office of the Chief Counsel
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
20 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Rm 4025
Washington, DC 20529

peter2006 said:
I used the addresses that the other people used before to send my summons out to Michael Chertoff and Emilio Gonzalez, but the status from USPS is Notice Left. it said "a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender." I don't why. What's address did you use to send your summons to these people? Did they change their addresses? Please help me :mad:

Michael Chertoff
Secretary of DHS
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Washington, D. C. 20528

Emilio Gonzalez Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20529

Thanks for the clarification Haddy...!!!!
I noticed in your note i.e. "how to file lawsuit in District of MN court Pro Se package"... could you please post the link for this ?? I couldn't find something like that on court's web site....wondering which district court did you file your WOM ?? I happen to be in the same state i.e. MN and thinking mine should be very similar to yours...comments/thoughts ???

Naturalization Pending Cases

Per this newsletter published by USCIS (heavily devoted to naturalization issues)
"Cases pending other agency action (136,783)
This includes 4,905 cases where USCIS has requested full investigations by other federal agencies, and is awaiting the results of these investigations; and 130,091 cases where USCIS has interviewed the applicant and completed all processing, but is still awaiting the final results of the FBI’s name check record search. USCIS will not approve a case until all background checks, including the FBI name check, are complete."
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/USCISToday_Oct_06.pdf

We should all write to Dr. Gonzalez and ask him "what about us perennially stuck 130,091 people?" Is there any hope for us?

Hi! 786riz Thank you very much for the help! You didn't have any trouble using the address that you gave it to me, do you? I have to send the summons again.

reaction

PendingN400 said:
Per this newsletter published by USCIS (heavily devoted to naturalization issues)
"Cases pending other agency action (136,783)
This includes 4,905 cases where USCIS has requested full investigations by other federal agencies, and is awaiting the results of these investigations; and 130,091 cases where USCIS has interviewed the applicant and completed all processing, but is still awaiting the final results of the FBI’s name check record search. USCIS will not approve a case until all background checks, including the FBI name check, are complete."
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/USCISToday_Oct_06.pdf

We should all write to Dr. Gonzalez and ask him "what about us perennially stuck 130,091 people?" Is there any hope for us?

I read this newsletter and one feeling comes to me....NAUSEA. This is absolutely BS. Sure you can look good on paper by shoving the difficult cases under the door mat and proceed with the easy ones. Great plan. Then all the bragging about giving "the right person the right benefit in the right amount of time" Does 3-4 years of waiting sound like right amout of waiting?? Not his problem...great response blame it on the FBI and other agencies. Well you know what you created the rules and it is your job to make sure these rules are feasible. If you make anyone who is not involved in immigration matter read this letter. he/she will say "USCIS is a role model and why are you damn immigrant complaining when you are getting such great service???".It is an outrage.

peter2006 said:
Hi! 786riz Thank you very much for the help! You didn't have any trouble using the address that you gave it to me, do you? I have to send the summons again.

Hi, Peter

You can wait one or two more days to see the redelivery situation. Post office will try redelivery.

Best wishes! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see you again, gzmbk1!

gzmbk1 said:
Is there any reason to be worried in suing the government? Would there be any repercussion afterwards.

If I decide to work for the government and they do a background check, would there be any reason for it to show on my records and show as a negative?

any comments would be appreciated.
Well, you got to do what you got to do, man!

Looking at your signature, I felt some A$$ in INS messed up on me again. I filed GC for wife on 8/18/06 and did the FP on 9/13. Then file got transfered to CA office which does not even have jurisdiction on my case, a week later another letter from CA office said the file was sent back to Chicago because they "do not have jurisdiction" -- holly phark! And it's been 3 weeks and no word about the interview. This proves again that these idoits are so capable of pharking up what they are paid to do and no one is held accountable for that. It turns my stomach every time I see them in the news.

Keep me and all of us posted on the GC interview, if you don't mind.

Regards,

Balto

Keep Getting The Same From Infopass ...

I sued on 8/21, answer is due on 10/24 as per court clerk. There is no AUSA assigned, there is nothing going on and their answer is due in less than 10 days!!! What should I do??? I keep getting the same crap from Infopass:

Case Status

The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

you will get an answer soon. just keep us updated.
stoyan79 said:
I sued on 8/21, answer is due on 10/24 as per court clerk. There is no AUSA assigned, there is nothing going on and their answer is due in less than 10 days!!! What should I do??? I keep getting the same crap from Infopass:

Case Status

The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

how to remove attorney from ur file

Guys I am ready to sue USCIS but I have attorney that is not willing to pursue with law suit. I am thinking about going prose.

Can some one help me how can I remove attorney frommy file?

or I do not need to remove it and just file Pro-se ?

any recommendations are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Haddy said:
Dear Dhua,

Don't file stipulation to dismiss unless you have approval notice and green card in your hands... AUSA is playing tricks to you... ask for the evidence... and even after getting evidence tell AUSA that you can give them extension for 30 days but not dismissal unless has you Green Card or approval notice or naturalization approval notice with oath ceremony date... don't fall into any trap... and be firm but not rude... Good Luck...

The stipulation is still not signed by me. After I replied AUSA email, AUSA did not answer it at all for 3 days (include weekend). Today, I called the AUSA and he told me my name check is cleared but did not know when it got cleared. He think CIS is ready to adjudicate my case in a matter of days after the dismissal and I have to dismiss the law suit because CIS lost justication over my case unless I dismissed the law suit.
I told him CIS can expedite the naturalization by doing private oath. He will forward my email to CIS and to see what CIS can do for the special election registration deadline.
I think attorneys do not like to use email to communicate. Maybe, the are preventing from leaving some trails.
Anyway, the overall conversation is positive.

bashar82 said:
Phyllis Howard
Director, Washington District
USCIS
2675 Prosperity Avenue
Fairfax, Virginia 22031

Re: Application for Naturalization – A-----------

Dear Ms. Howard:

Attached please find a draft copy of the petition I intend to file on December 19, 2005 in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in the event a fair and prompt decision (including any and all formalities associated with such decision, i.e. naturalization oath ceremony date) has not been made and communicated to me by the end of the business day on December 16, 2005.

For background, my application for naturalization was received by the USCIS Vermont Service Center on July 14, 2004. On January 13, 2005 I had my fingerprints taken at the Norfolk Sub Office. On June 8, 2005, I was examined by Officer -----in Norfolk.

During my interview I truthfully answered all questions asked. Mr. ---examined my current and expired passports and requested that I sign the application and the photographs I submitted with my application. I was also requested by the interviewing officer to submit a notarized statement within one month and three days from the date of the interview. Mr. ---- then informed me that he was unable to make a decision on my application as my name check was still pending as of May 24, 2005. He assured me that he would send an inquiry to the FBI in regard to the name check within a week. Before the conclusion of the examination, I informed ---- of my pending change of address. Mr. ---- promptly updated my address on his computer. I was then instructed to contact Mr. --- if I had not heard from USCIS within 120 days of the interview.

On June 10, 2005, (2 days after the request) I couriered the requested notarized statement to Officer ----- at the Norfolk Sub Office.

On September 14, 2005 I appeared at the Washington District Office for an appointment scheduled thru INFOPASS. I was informed by the information officer that there had not been any activity on my case since June 8, 2005 and that my name check was pending as of May 24, 2005. This would indicate that Mr. ---- did not follow thru on his assurance to send an inquiry to the FBI.

On September 20, 2005, I sent a certified letter to Officer ---- requesting an update on my application. On October 11 and November 2, I sent letters to yourself, the Officer In Charge of the Norfolk Sub Office and Officer --- stating that 120 days had passed since my examination and that I was requesting an update on the status of my application. I believe that my written request for updates were reasonable (especially since Officer --- had instructed me to do so), yet I have yet to receive a response. At this point, I feel that I have met every requirement of the naturalization process and no one from USCIS has communicated differently.

Therefore, while it is not my first choice to resort to a judicial determination on my application, I nevertheless feel that I have no other choice given the lack of response to my many requests. Further, I recognize that litigation is expensive for me (and for the Government), however, I reluctantly feel like that is the path I am forced to take.

I, therefore, appeal to you this one last time to please act on my naturalization application.

Please note that the draft pleading was prepared by -------------. Mr. ---- has worked with me in the preparation of the draft complaint and this letter, however, he has not been retained at this point for the purpose of filing said complaint on December 19, 2005 and a decision as to whether I will file this pro se or whether Mr. ----- will file on my behalf will be made between now and the proposed filing date. Therefore, any and all communications in regard to my application and/or response to this letter should be directed to me at: -----------------------

Sincerely,

--------

cc: Mary Ann Russell, Officer In Charge, USCIS Norfolk Sub Office
Paul J. McNulty, U.S. Attorney, Eastern District of Virginia
Is the address for the USCIS the same for all states? I'm in CA

Dear GCTarget06

gctarget06 said:
Thanks for the clarification Haddy...!!!!
I noticed in your note i.e. "how to file lawsuit in District of MN court Pro Se package"... could you please post the link for this ?? I couldn't find something like that on court's web site....wondering which district court did you file your WOM ?? I happen to be in the same state i.e. MN and thinking mine should be very similar to yours...comments/thoughts ???
Dear GC Target,

I have moved to TX but yes I did file in MN. Have you already filed? If not before you file, if you can PM me your complaint and I will like to make sure that you don't make those mistakes I made. If you have already filed then who is AUSA assigned to you?

Here is the link to Pro Se Package for MN:

http://www.mnd.uscourts.gov/local_rules/2005/local_rules.pdf

Good Luck

Dear Dhua

dhua said:
The stipulation is still not signed by me. After I replied AUSA email, AUSA did not answer it at all for 3 days (include weekend). Today, I called the AUSA and he told me my name check is cleared but did not know when it got cleared. He think CIS is ready to adjudicate my case in a matter of days after the dismissal and I have to dismiss the law suit because CIS lost justication over my case unless I dismissed the law suit.
I told him CIS can expedite the naturalization by doing private oath. He will forward my email to CIS and to see what CIS can do for the special election registration deadline.
I think attorneys do not like to use email to communicate. Maybe, the are preventing from leaving some trails.
Anyway, the overall conversation is positive.
Dear Dhua,

This is good. You did good. Don;t sign any dismissal stipulation unless they give you your Oath and/or Naturalization certificate. They can do any thing if they want to. You have to be firm without being rude which I am sure you are not. The AUSA is still passing time. He could easily pick up the phone and tell USCIS district director what to do. Like we all know they all are friends and want good word with each other. So just play clever. If he says anything about dismissing, say NO, BUT CAN GIVE 1-2 WEEKS EXTENSION TO FINISH OATH SO THAT YOU CAN REGISTER FOR VOTE AND VOTe IN THESE ELECTIONS.

Good Luck,

Finally Some Movement

The time to respond for the AUSA and all defendants ended on Oct 2nd. I sent a few email queries to the AUSA's office but no response. Today i filed a letter with the court, stating that despite my numerous queries and the time to respond had expired but i had yet to hear from the defendants.
I first emailed a copy of the letter to the AUSA and then filed an affirmation of service with the Pro Se office.
Call it luck or co-incidence, after 2 hours the AUSA responded by stating that:
"............Federal Bureau of Investigation ("FBI"), its mandatory investigation into your background in connection with your naturalization application was recently completed, at the request of the United States Attorney's Office. On September 16, 2006, the FBI forwarded its results to the ...........office of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services ("CIS"). The next, and penultimate, step in your naturalization process will be for the CIS to schedule an "oath ceremony" for you to be sworn in as a United States citizen. I have asked the CIS to let me know before the end of this week when (and whether) it plans to schedule such a ceremony for you. When the CIS has provided me with that information, I will forward it to you. Thank you for your patience. ......................."

Atleast some movement, now lets hope the CIS responds to the AUSA's inquiry and this nightmare can end......

Interview: Feb 1st 2006 (name check pending)
1447b: August 1st 2006
Deadline to respond: Oct 2nd 2006
Oath......(soon) I hope :confused:

new member on this forum

I just finished to read this thread from message #1 till today. Huhh! I spent almost 60 hours reading, taking notes, but I guess this is the price that I didn't act earlier.

Here is my story in a nutshell:

9/1/2004 N400 application filled with Nebraska SC
9/21/2004 FP
1/27/2005 Interview at USCIS DO (Detroit) - everything complete but pending background check
9/19/2005 written inquiry sent to USCIS DO, personally to my interview officer
9/27/2005 written answer received - still pending background check
11/4/2005 wrote letters to elected officials (congressman and two US Senators) asking for help with the background checks
12/13/2005 received letter from sen. Levin's office stating that FBI namecheck is still pending
12/20/2005 received phonecall from sen. Stabenow office - same message
5/5/2006 received letter from Congressman's office, suggesting to inquire directly by phone or e-mail FBI NNCP
8/12/2006 wrote e-mail to FBI NNCP asking to expedite my namecheck process - no answer yet
8/12/2006 sent FOIPA request by mail to FBI
9/6/2006 received FOIPA from FBI with 'no record'
10/11/2006 wrote second letter to USCIS Detroit office inquiring about my case and requesting an expedited namecheck, reminding them about 1447(b) and the '120 day' rule, requesting a positive answer about the namecheck 'expedite' till 10/23/2006, letting them know about my intention to file a complaint for juridicial review
10/19/2006 received answer from USCIS Detroit District Office, still pending name check, no action will be taken till name check is complete
10/24/2006 filed 1447(b) in the US District Court for Western Michigan

786riz or anybody who is filing 1447(b) or WOM in Michigan: I would greatly appreciate your help with the researched cases in the 6th District Court -very few posts about this district in this thread.

I registered with PACER, tomorrow I will begin my journey there, digging.

stoyan79, you might try to contact U.S. attorney via email or phone. The U.S. attorney assigned to my case called me at the due date. It might not be U.S attoney's problem, sometime the USCIS gives answer at the last minute. Good luck.