Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

PACER Question

Does anyone know how I can download the scaned pdf file of my own complaint from PACER? Can I do so? I have had a PACER account already. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes you can

syt said:
Does anyone know how I can download the scaned pdf file of my own complaint from PACER? Can I do so? I have had a PACER account already. Thanks a lot.
Just go to your case, click the complaint and it should load up the pdf inside a browser.
Click the Adobe Save Icon (the floppy disk), NOT the File -> Save from the browser, and you can save the pdf file to your local disk.

After query by my case number, I got this screen.

Query
Alias
Associated Cases
Attorney
Case File Location...
Case Summary
Deadlines/Hearings...
Docket Report ...
Filers
History/Documents...
Party
Related Transactions...
Status

I don't see the item "complaint". Also, I can't find complaint under all these items. What is next step? Or, I used the wrong way to go to my case.

Thanks,
syt

ApplyInDenver said:
Just go to your case, click the complaint and it should load up the pdf inside a browser.
Click the Adobe Save Icon (the floppy disk), NOT the File -> Save from the browser, and you can save the pdf file to your local disk.

Click on History/Documents -
Make sure all events is checked and Hit Run Query
This will give you a list of all documents about your case.
The first one should be filed and entered.
Click on that and agree to pay the charges to view the document

Thanks a lot Sakun.

For my case, the first one is "filed and entered". But, it is not hyperlink. It is just black text. I guess the pdf documents is not available for my case. I filed my case in person with paper (not e-file).

Thanks,
syt

sakun said:
Click on History/Documents -
Make sure all events is checked and Hit Run Query
This will give you a list of all documents about your case.
The first one should be filed and entered.
Click on that and agree to pay the charges to view the document

Great Forum

Thanks to all for posting their experiences. At least in Seattle, the whole process is fairly simple. After waiting for a year after my interview, I found this forum in mid-July, prepared and filed 1447 petition on 7/27/06 and became a US citizen on 8/24/06. Thanks again!

complaint

syt said:
Thanks a lot Sakun.

For my case, the first one is "filed and entered". But, it is not hyperlink. It is just black text. I guess the pdf documents is not available for my case. I filed my case in person with paper (not e-file).

Thanks,
syt
I am not sure how it was entered into the system.
For the few cases I was looking at, I just go to "Docket Report", and search with "Filed" option with the begin of the case date entered, then hit Run Report and it lists all the files available, including cover-sheet, complaint, exibits, etc. Then I just click on the links.

Screaming_Eagle said:
It's been a while since I posted. I have been playing the waiting game while the DA has requested extension after extension. For those of you who have recently joined the forum, I filed my 1447B on March 21 and they requested a 30 day, then 60 day extension and now they are asking for a 90 day extension while they conduct a second interview and request "additional documentation" :mad: You will never guess what additional documentation they are requesting ....ALL OF MY COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS! Am I off my rocker or does it sound to you like they are dragging this out as long as possible and playing games? What do transcripts have to do with my application? :confused: I was never here on a student visa. I applied based on my military service. These transcripts are totally irrelevent :mad: Has anyone ever been asked for this before? By the way, my name check cleared in April of this year and they are just dragging this thing out as long as possible. They said 60 days ago that I needed to come for a second interview and they only now have scheduled it for the end of Oct. I am now seriously considering filing a response to their request for my transcripts, telling the court I believe they are purposely stalling and asking for irrelevant docs.

I am a long time listener!
Screaming_Eagle:
I filed in March too in CA and after giving the US Attorney couple of extensions, she came back and told us that USCIS wants to have a second interview! and that for them to be able to schedule it, we need to withdraw the suit so they have juristiction to schedule an interview which does not make any sense, as they still are in charge of the files, etc. Did they ask you to drop your case too? and which court did you file your application at. At this time, we have not agreed to this, as doing so can reset the clock on everything. Has anybody else have a similar experience?!

Any thoughts or inputs is welcome. Tkx.

Hearing

Ok. I have hearing tomorrow... does anyone have any experience of facing hearing... any advice... any supporting material or info will be really appreciated... I filed my WOM for my AOS on 04/05/2006 and tomorrow is the hearing date...

I need all the advice I can get...

SAKUN, I haven't seen your case on pacer

Hi sakun,

I haven't seen ur case on pacer, are you sure you submitted at the right place(515 Rusk), and how did they contacted you to tell you that your case is closed. The last case was filed was on August 17. PM me some info, I might be able to help you since I am in the court system for my 1447 B for 4 months.

ournyla

It is finished!

I took the oath today in Chicago.

Today hopefully ends a long affair with the INS. Last ten days I was driving around with enough cash so that I could pay off a traffic ticket on the spot if needed! Not to mention the sleepless nights - hardly slept yesterday.

Timeline:

PD - 11/8/05
FP - 12/21/05
Interview - 3/8/06
1447(b) - 7/11/06
Oath Date - 8/29/06

Keep fighting! Victory is not far away!

drgeorge

Where to file?

Hi All! I have a question about filing a mandamus petition (my green card/I-485 is pending for several years). I am not sure where to file, and who should be named as defendants. I live in Richmond, Virginia, and my I-485 documents are currently at the Norfolk office. Should I file at the federal court in Richmond, or in Alexandria, VA? (I think Alexandria's court might have jurisdiction over the Washington District office, but I am not sure). Also, whom should I name in the complaint - the Washington district office director, or the Norfolk's suboffice director? Thanks for your insight!

Hi DrGeorge,

Congratulation on your OATH & becoming USC.

On a self-fish level it is good to see that the 1447B is filed from chicago and is "resolved as per your OATH". I am also under Chicago and may have to go in 1447B route myself.

How in general you find Chicago AUSA attitude for your 1447B case ? Was it friendly and are they familair with the "namecheck and 1447b correlation" ? Are they willing to work with you to settle it before goes to judge or you had tough time ?

I hope to follow your steps soon and join you as citizen of this great nation :)

Humbledbychk said:
Hi DrGeorge,

How in general you find Chicago AUSA attitude for your 1447B case ? Was it friendly and are they familair with the "namecheck and 1447b correlation" ? Are they willing to work with you to settle it before goes to judge or you had tough time ?

I hope to follow your steps soon and join you as citizen of this great nation :)

Please read my PM to you

drgeorge

looking for this case

Hello all, did anyone came across this case, I cannot find it and I dont have a pacer account (and actuallly out of time to even get a pacer account)
Vladagina v. Ashcroft, No.00 Civ. 9456(DAB), 2002 WL 1162426, at
*4(S.D.N.Y. Apr. 8, 2002).

I would appreciate if someone has it and can send me a copy of it.

Sakun,

My husband is in the same boat.

Interview, July 2004, passed.

Wife and daughter get oath letter before end of 2004.

Husband stuck in name check since then.

We used an attorney for our 1447b and it was filed August 23. We received the same ruling you did (probably the same judge - info from attorney) on August 24!!!!

Our attorney has made some inquiries, and basically you have 4 options.

1. Do nothing.

2. Ask judge to reconsider (poor success rate).

3. File a motion for a new trial (this is what we are doing, but could not do it alone!!)

4. File appeal to 5th Circuit court of appeals - expensive.

The time to file a new trial may be over - it seemed that the window of opportunity was small - 7 days???

We have heard through the grapevine that this is a new strategy adopted by Houston - all 1447b's will be handled by the same judge with exactly the same ruling. The only other case I could find on pacer was identical to us, except they filed on August 17th. I don't know how to look up pro se cases on pacer.

Basically, this ruling came down without the defendants or the US attorney receiving the summons!!!

You can private message me if you like. I only joined this forum today to try to get this info out when I saw your posting.

Please help with advice

Hello
I recently discovered this site and discussion group and am hoping you can provide some advice. My N400 receipt date was 29 April 2004 (Baltimore). My fingerprinting was May 28 2004 and my interview was completed on Aug 24 2006. I was then told to wait. And I've been waiting ever since. The two year anniversary of my wait just went by and nothing shows up when I check case status online. I have queried the INS twice by phone, and after 30 days have gotten the same photocopied sheet response stating that they are performing background checks (this sheet of paper is a poorly photocopied insert with no reference to my particular case at all - clearly a generic flyer of some sort). I have a friend with almost idential dates to mine who actually made appointments and went to Baltimore, met with an agent, and was told that there was nothing they could do as our files are stuck in the "background checks" at other agencies. We assume the delay is due to our country of origin - but as they never pull the files or track them down, its unclear how one can locate where we are stuck at. The irony is that I actually work for the US government in an area requiring security clearance - and they've managed that!

My question is, as it is clearly well over 120 days after my interview, should I immediately embark on the 1447b? And as I am very uncomfortable with the legal paperwork associated with the process, can anyone recommend any lawyers they have used, successfully, for this process? I would be most grateful for advice. I'm very new to all this information. I will check my mailbox for any direct responses as well.

Thank you for any advice.

Mah2099,

It is typo, right? Your interview was completed on Aug 24, "2004", NOT "2006". My suggestion is DO IT YOUSELF by Pro Se now. It is not difficult. The reason is that NO ONE WILL CARE YOUR CASE MORE THAN YOUSELF. The forum is much much better than a lawyer. If you don't have time to read this forum form page 1, the short cut is in http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check. Have fun and good luck.

syt

mah2099 said:
Hello
I recently discovered this site and discussion group and am hoping you can provide some advice. My N400 receipt date was 29 April 2004 (Baltimore). My fingerprinting was May 28 2004 and my interview was completed on Aug 24 2006. I was then told to wait. And I've been waiting ever since. The two year anniversary of my wait just went by and nothing shows up when I check case status online. I have queried the INS twice by phone, and after 30 days have gotten the same photocopied sheet response stating that they are performing background checks (this sheet of paper is a poorly photocopied insert with no reference to my particular case at all - clearly a generic flyer of some sort). I have a friend with almost idential dates to mine who actually made appointments and went to Baltimore, met with an agent, and was told that there was nothing they could do as our files are stuck in the "background checks" at other agencies. We assume the delay is due to our country of origin - but as they never pull the files or track them down, its unclear how one can locate where we are stuck at. The irony is that I actually work for the US government in an area requiring security clearance - and they've managed that!

My question is, as it is clearly well over 120 days after my interview, should I immediately embark on the 1447b? And as I am very uncomfortable with the legal paperwork associated with the process, can anyone recommend any lawyers they have used, successfully, for this process? I would be most grateful for advice. I'm very new to all this information. I will check my mailbox for any direct responses as well.

Thank you for any advice.

ournyla said:
Hi sakun,

I haven't seen ur case on pacer, are you sure you submitted at the right place(515 Rusk), and how did they contacted you to tell you that your case is closed. The last case was filed was on August 17. PM me some info, I might be able to help you since I am in the court system for my 1447 B for 4 months.

ournyla

Are you a Houston filer also? As you can see from my post further up, we have been led to believe that all cases in Houston are going to be handled the same way. Have you received any information or a ruling from a judge?

hearing on september 7th

lkee said:
Are you a Houston filer also? As you can see from my post further up, we have been led to believe that all cases in Houston are going to be handled the same way. Have you received any information or a ruling from a judge?

yes ikee, I filed in Houston on may 9th, got answer from AUSA on 9th july. she asked court to dismiss and remand back to USCIS, then I answered with in 20 days that case shouldn't be dismissed. I filed motion of summary judgement too. So I guess everything will be decide close to my hearing which is Sep. 7th. So far Houston District Court is not helpfull with most of the people but let see how it goes. I tried my best and have been fighting longer than any lawyer and saving thousands of dollar.

ournyla

P.S: If you have any question regarding houston district court, I will be happy to answer.