Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Congratulations!!!

Jzheng said:
Dear all,

Now, I can report back my experience with my 1-485. Filed WOM on May 19 at NJ District Court, USA was served on May 25. The AUSA was very kind and professional. At the end of 60 days, he filed a 15 day extension. Then I was asked to go for a 2nd FP, and I agreed with the AUSA for another 30 day extension with the due day at Sep 7th. Ten days after the USCIS received the fingerprints results, my case was approved. Yesterday morning, I received the approval email, what a long wait!

My wife's case is still pending though.

This is a great site and I learned a lot from everyone! You made me believe that the Law is on our side and we should fight for ourselves.

Cheers! :)
JZ

MANY MANY Congratulations on your victory... You Deserve it...

Hearing

Alright Guys, long time I have not been on the forum... reason: was in moving and my current employer closing site... My hearing is on August 30, 2006... Any experiences... Any words of wisdom for me... Any supporting cases or supporting material... I will really appreciate all the help...

old article

Haddy said:
Alright Guys, long time I have not been on the forum... reason: was in moving and my current employer closing site... My hearing is on August 30, 2006... Any experiences... Any words of wisdom for me... Any supporting cases or supporting material... I will really appreciate all the help...

Don't know if you have read this or not. If not, might be a good time reading it.
;)

Hi Monnwalker,

Congratulations on your case.

I am now thinking of filing a WOM suit for my I-485 case. Can you please post your lawyer's version of the suit. I'm worried that the one I've prepared might be too long and hard to follow.

And where did you file? If it was in Southern California, how much did your lawyer charge you?

Thanks

Got RFE

My 485 status was updated and USCIS arseholes have sent me an rfe (dont know what it is about, until I get it). Assuming it will take about 1 month to get rfe and to reply it , can I still file wom in october? Would ADA come back and say - look you did not give uscis enough time to work on your case. You just submitted a response to rfe.

Thank you...

ApplyInDenver said:
Don't know if you have read this or not. If not, might be a good time reading it.
;)
Hey Thanks ApplyInDenver, Wow great info... do you have something for AOS WOM cases...

qim, where are you?

How's the 485 case? I remembered the interview date was 8/23/06.

Hope things went well.

Regards,

Balto

AL11 said:
Julia Harrison is the previous District Director, this is who I named in my lawsute. you just name jack Bennett in yours for the Seattle District Director.
Good luck

Thank you AL11! Now I understand. How is your case going? Are you just waiting for GC show up in your mail? Let us know.

Hey Balto, thanks for asking.

The interview was good but no decision (I was told that not because of NC). On another subforum (Family Based Green Cards), I devoted new thread (AOS interview in San Francisco which ended by nothing) to this. Here is link: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=223108. Please take a look.

Very nice to hear from you.

N-400 interview: 04/2005; 1447b filed: 02/2006; naturalized: 05/2006

syt said:
Emilio T. Gonzalez, Director of USCIS
Office of the Chief Counsel
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
20 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Rm 4025
Washington, DC 20529

Thank you so much syt. I stayed up so late and serched everywhere and couldn't find an answer, now you solved problem. I couldn't get on this site on Friday and Saturday night. I thought the government was going to close this site since it is so wonderful. I am so glad it is still here.

Jzdc, you are welcome. Let's help each other. You know sharing make us strong. Indeed, this is a wonderful forum.

jzdc said:
Thank you so much syt. I stayed up so late and serched everywhere and couldn't find an answer, now you solved problem. I couldn't get on this site on Friday and Saturday night. I thought the government was going to close this site since it is so wonderful. I am so glad it is still here.

Today I've got e-mails from the USCIS that my I-485 has been aproved :) - a week before 60 days deadline.

I really appreciate your help and support!!! Thank you guys! And good luck to everyone.

60 days end 09/05/2006
I-485 AD - 08/26/2006

Haddy said:
Hey Thanks ApplyInDenver, Wow great info... do you have something for AOS WOM cases...
I have not come cross an article like this for WOM cases. nevertheless, I think the straitages in the Case manage and hearing part is still applicable to all the cases. I will let you know if I come cross anything that is specifical for WOM.

Good luck!

jzdc said:
Thank you AL11! Now I understand. How is your case going? Are you just waiting for GC show up in your mail? Let us know.

They asked me to show up for Biometrics since I did not do that before. according to my AUSA once I do the biometrics they will send me the card in the mail in 2-3 weeks. I will keep you posted.

Oath experience

I just had my oath ceremony in Baltimore. It took only about 1 and half hours.

I posted a question a few days ago asked that I got a speeding ticket after interview, how they would do about it. It seems that nobody had an answer. To help any one in the future, here is my experience.

As far as you say you will pay the ticket while not going through the court, they will let you proceed in the ceremony. If you say you want to go to court, they will suspend your ceremony since if you fail to appear in the court, the judge will issue an arrest order for you. (Whatever, this is what the supervisor told me.)

Thank you all for the encouragement and good luck to every one of you.

Congrats!!! Did u go in front of the judge? How much u pay for the Lawyer and what`s his name/address?? I `m trying to file a WOM but I don`t know if I qualify. I didn`t get a GC interview yet and I don`t know for sure if my security checks are cleared. What do u think?
Mette said:
Today I've got e-mails from the USCIS that my I-485 has been aproved :) - a week before 60 days deadline.

I really appreciate your help and support!!! Thank you guys! And good luck to everyone.

60 days end 09/05/2006
I-485 AD - 08/26/2006

Examples of Writ of Mandamus

This Forum is very helpful the Filing procedures in Filing a Writ of Mandamus, but I am wondering if there are any examples of a Writ itself. I realize everyone's case is different, but is there a "Boiler Plate" version to help as a foundation? I am not an attorney but I am helping a friend who is an asylee and is needing to do this to help his case. My email is David.Roberts@metrokc.gov
Writing from Seattle, Washington :confused:

Going abroad during Pro Se WOM

Hi all,
I filed my Pro Se WOM for my I-485 case on Aug. 5, (60 days deadline is around Oct. 15). The Judge set the conferece on Oct. 20. (60 day I plan to travel abroad in early Nov. for a month or so. Is that a good idea?

My concern is they probably will ask for extention. And the 30 days extention will run right into the time when I will be outside of the country.Do I need to be physically here during that time? Would the district attorney use that against me in this case?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Need help!Hey guys,
This morning i've got a call from AUSA that my name check was cleared (3,5
weeks after i filed my 1447. She told that now we both have to sign a motion to remand a case back to USCIS, so they can proceed with it in 45 days period. She was asking for 60 days at the beginning, but i did not agree. what do you think, guys? Is it safe to do? Did someone had that kind of experience? Any opiniopn is appriciated.