Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

How to file WOM

I am so inspired by this group of people and their successful stories. I filed I485 two years ago, and had an interview a year ago. But now we are stuck with the FBI name check. I'd like to file WOM. Could someone shed some lights on how to file WOM? I only find discussions on how to file 1447.
Thanks,

lotechguy said:
Your local congressman or one of your state senators should be able to help. I was specifically told that congressmen could not expedite things for you but just make inquiries so that all files ect and in place in timely manner.

Thanks but this is not what I asked. Congressmen do not really help that much.

Aniretake:

You might want to talk to people from ACLU. It is a non-profit organization who recently helped a few immigrants to file a lawsuit against USCIS regarding the delay of their naturalization application. I know your case is different, but you should talk to them to see how much them can help you on your case. Here is the link to the website of its southern california branch and you should be able to find out the contact info. of the branch where you live by calling them. Hope it helps.

http://www.aclu-sc.org/

Jack
aniretake said:
Thanks but this is not what I asked. Congressmen do not really help that much.

WOM Attorney in Houston TX

Can anyone help me find a attorney who will help me do a namecheck WOM for AOS in Texas

Thanks in advance. See my situation below. :-(

KJ said:
Can anyone help me find a attorney who will help me do a namecheck WOM for AOS in Texas

Hi,
Just a question: Did you write to Hooten and receive a reply ? If so when did you send the letter ?

how to file WOM

I am so inspired by this group of people and their successful stories. I filed I485 two years ago, and had an interview a year ago. But now we are stuck with the FBI name check. I'd like to file WOM. Could someone shed some lights on how to file WOM? I only find discussions on how to file 1447.
Thanks,

jjx2005 said:
Thanks,
Not true, a lot of people like me have filed WOM for 485 from information in this thread. The first page of this thread should give you enough information to file WOM, and there are lots of WOM templates in this thread you can download (there is one in the first page also).

jjx2005 said:
Thanks,

I regularly update my findings in this thread. May be you will find some useful info here:
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=220902

The following thread is also a good one regarding GC namechecks:
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=217882

If you have any specific question, let me know. We may find the answer together as a team.

I am preparing to file WoM some time next month. Thanks to this forum and specifically this thread that I feel - "I can do it myself"

Couple of things I still don't have answers are regarding summons and return of service. I guess someone who has gone through this will have answers for me:

1. When I prepare summons, do I pre-print the name and address of defendants? Let's say, if i have 4 defendants, I will prepare four copies of summons - one for each defendant. Will these copies be exactly same (defendant's name and address being blank)? or will differ in terms of defendant name and address. Pls note that I am talking about at the time of filing. I know, eventually, they all will have different name and address.

2. At the top of the template, there is pre-printed "V." I guess that plaintiff's name will precede that and defendant's name will follow that. Just want to make sure on that. If yes, will I list all the defendants on each summon? (Sample attached for ready reference)

3. Regarding cover sheet, what do i enter in the "Section VI - Cause of Action." for the green card case? I understand there will be one of the USC number? Which one? In the complaint I notice various numbers. Do I list all of them? (Blank cover sheet is attached for ready reference)

4. Return of service. This is the second page of summons. Does it go to defendant along with the summon? I guess not. If it stays with me, what is the life cycle of this document? In other words, what do i need to do before I submit it to the court? What is service fee? If I am using certified mail, method of service will be "Other". Is it?

I know, these are very specific questions. I just want to get it right. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
KJ said:

Do not use Bruce Coane, he is well known but for his deceptive tactics. Their fees starts out reasonably, but then it escalates for no apparent reasons without any results. He is one of the attorneys in houston who will dry your pockets with only promises. The best in Houston is Brian Bates with Quan , Burdette and Perez. web address. http://www.quanlaw.com/
You can also try Peter Williamson or Imran Mirza.
There is enough info on this forum to file Prose, you should give it a try, as these attorneys will do the same thing you are doing. Save the bucks and file Prose, if needs be later on then hire an attorney.
Hope this helps.

moody22 said:
Thanks memme,
It seems like this is the only language those pastards understand, unfortunately

May I know how you know that FBI name check is clear on a specific day? I did not receive any notice about when it starts and when it ends. Is there any way I can find out?

Thanks,

jjx2005 said:
May I know how you know that FBI name check is clear on a specific day? I did not receive any notice about when it starts and when it ends. Is there any way I can find out?

Thanks,

I wrote to the first lady, she forwarded my letter to the FBI. and the FBI sent me a letter indecating when they recived it, and when they cleared it.

Regards,

memme said:
I regularly update my findings in this thread. May be you will find some useful info here:
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=220902

The following thread is also a good one regarding GC namechecks:
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=217882

If you have any specific question, let me know. We may find the answer together as a team.

Many thanks, memme!
These are the exact information I am looking for. Another question is that someone in this thread mentioned they can inquire their name check status by 'accessing' some sort of FBI computer information system. Is that right?

Thanks Kenny485. I called the attorney's you suggested. I am getting estimates of $8,000 and $10,000 on this. Looks like ProSe is the way to go. I am not sure I want to do this myself though... got to put the thinking hat on now. :confused:

kenny485 said:
Do not use Bruce Coane, he is well known but for his deceptive tactics. Their fees starts out reasonably, but then it escalates for no apparent reasons without any results. He is one of the attorneys in houston who will dry your pockets with only promises. The best in Houston is Brian Bates with Quan , Burdette and Perez. web address. http://www.quanlaw.com/
You can also try Peter Williamson or Imran Mirza.
There is enough info on this forum to file Prose, you should give it a try, as these attorneys will do the same thing you are doing. Save the bucks and file Prose, if needs be later on then hire an attorney.
Hope this helps.

KJ said:
Thanks Kenny485. I called the attorney's you suggested. I am getting estimates of $8,000 and $10,000 on this. Looks like ProSe is the way to go. I am not sure I want to do this myself though... got to put the thinking hat on now. :confused:

KJ, shop around. Those are really high end prices. I paid around 3K. And I'm in Boston, which is pretty expensive