Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

does anybody have the statistics: how many 1447 cases won, how many lost? In other words; that is a probability of winning? I believe, someone already ask that Q, but i don't remember an A. Please, share your opinion.

Ready to file WOM in Nor Cal-San Jose

Hi Guys,
I am preparing paperwork to file WOM, and I am confused whether to include Alberto Gonzales, Attorney General of US as a defendant?
I wend through most of this thread and some people have listed him and some people have omitted him but still sent the summons to him.
Can you send summons to someone not listed as defendant?

hate140delay said:
Hi Guys,
I am preparing paperwork to file WOM, and I am confused whether to include Alberto Gonzales, Attorney General of US as a defendant?
I wend through most of this thread and some people have listed him and some people have omitted him but still sent the summons to him.
Can you send summons to someone not listed as defendant?

no, he has to be one of your defendants.

Congratulations, Gr33nCard!

Gr33nCard said:
HI,

I was amazed yesterday i got a call from Cincinnati INS at work which i could not pick up as i was in meeting. The message which she left me is that My background check is done and my I 485 is approved yesterday July 24th....She even said i will get my green card in mail in weeks or sometimes it takes months too.... I files my WOM on July 7th 2006.:) and havent filed service of return yet as i was waiting for all the return recipts to come.

Normally how much time does it takes to get the GC ???? I am so relieved today...i am pretty sure they moved their a$$ becoz of my case......
You can now write your login name as GrEEnCard since the 33 are now officially flipped to the right direction :D :D :D

Well deserved victory and yes, you are lucky, there are so many people out there, even after filing the suit, still getting BS from either USCIS or their AUSA. Hope the best for everyone who's still in that struggle.

Balto

I am in need of delayed cases because IBIS check had not been completed

Hi everyone,

I am looking for cases/lawsuits where the applicant sued USCIS for a naturalization application delay, or greencard delay, and it was discovered during the lawsuit that the reason for the delay was not the FBI name check but it was the applicant's IBIS check not having been completed maybe possibly due to the fact that the applicant had an IBIS hit. Does anyone have such cases which are already completed?

I desperately need these cases, thank you all in advance.

Could you attach them here or post the names of these cases please!

Last edited by a moderator:
I also need cases where the time period for a background check is argued

Hello all,

I need delayed naturalization and greencard cases, where they argued what is or what is not a reasonable time period for a background check to be completed by USCIS. Please attach these completed cases here.

I desperately need these cases.

Thank you all in advance.

Thanks!!

Balto said:
You can now write your login name as GrEEnCard since the 33 are now officially flipped to the right direction :D :D :D

Well deserved victory and yes, you are lucky, there are so many people out there, even after filing the suit, still getting BS from either USCIS or their AUSA. Hope the best for everyone who's still in that struggle.

Balto

Thanks Balto.....But as i havent still spoken to her (INS lady) myself I have kept my fingers crossed....As bugging said its not over yet until you have the Card in hand....So hope every thing goes well...

Yes i think i was lucky to get a call without me even finding who is the AUSA assigned to my case. But my case on USCIS is not updated yet as "Approved" but only the last updated date changed as 7/24/2006.....

So lets See.

Help me please

Hi everybody:

Can any one who has filed the WRIT of mandamus can kindly post the copy of the WRIT PETITION here or can send me via personal message(PM). I am planning on filing for my pending I-485 case. My name check/FBI is done but they are keeping for internal check in Vermont. Do not know what they do in this.

Also please tell me whether I should go for writ of mandamus or 1447B petition in the state of Georgia (Atlanta) where I live. I would appreciate if any one can even PM me or post here the attachment of 1447B petition in addition to the writ of mandamus petition.

I really need help from some one who filed this writ petition for I-485 purpose. Thanks a lot in advance.

update of my AOS/WOM case

I filed AOS/WOM on 6/5/06. Today I received an email stating they are transferring my case from VSC to NY local office. I did not expect this move! Looks like I still have a long way ahead. But I will still fight my WOM case no matter the AOS is in service center or local office. I will keep the board updated. Please give me some support. Thanks.

It seems that your case is moving forward. They probaby will schedule an interview soon from your local office. You might want to make an infopass since your case file is in the NYC office now. Good luck!

nobigdeal said:
I filed AOS/WOM on 6/5/06. Today I received an email stating they are transferring my case from VSC to NY local office. I did not expect this move! Looks like I still have a long way ahead. But I will still fight my WOM case no matter the AOS is in service center or local office. I will keep the board updated. Please give me some support. Thanks.

nobigdeal said:

Be aware NYC Local Office is significantly backlogged. You may have to push AUSA to give you an interview date setup quick!

Draft letter to Ms Bush

Jeta and Moody 22, Can you please post a draft of the letter to Ms Bush. My AoS is pending since April 2002 (yes over 4 years) and I am planning to write to her too. Thanks

Jeta said:
I sent my letter to Mrs Bush on May 26. I think it's probably same that you sent Mr Bush, but it will be processed at different office. Did you receive acknowledgement of your letter from the president's office? If not, try to send another copy to Mrs Bush.

In most part of my FBI letter, the assistant director of FBI explained why the NNCP is different from FOIP. Just two sentences for my name check, but it's critical. I think you write to White House, if you have FOIPA, may help you to process your name check in FBI.

Good luck.

My WOM case worked!!!

I can't believe that this morning AUSA called and told me that both my wife and my cases are approved. I filed WOM on July 14 and served AUSA July 17. It's only been a week!! Here is my AOS details:
I485 fiiled 8/4/03; name check sent mid august 2003; asked senator, congresswoman, USCIS 800 number, FBI multiple times for case status.
When I filed WOM, I didn't attach FOIPA results because I just sent the FOIPA request and haven't heard anythign from FBI yet.
Thanks very much to Xu111 and Baggins for their kind help. I filed WOM in San Diego district and similar to Xu111, I got response superfast.

Contratulations. It is really fast.

curious100 said:
I can't believe that this morning AUSA called and told me that both my wife and my cases are approved. I filed WOM on July 14 and served AUSA July 17. It's only been a week!! Here is my AOS details:
I485 fiiled 8/4/03; name check sent mid august 2003; asked senator, congresswoman, USCIS 800 number, FBI multiple times for case status.
When I filed WOM, I didn't attach FOIPA results because I just sent the FOIPA request and haven't heard anythign from FBI yet.
Thanks very much to Xu111 and Baggins for their kind help. I filed WOM in San Diego district and similar to Xu111, I got response superfast.

PendingN400 said:
Guys:

Here is an important opinion issued by a judge regarding retaining jurisdiction (rejecting Danilov) on 1447(b) lawsuit. Also, the judge has issued a remand back to USCIS (with background checks that were already completed) with specific instruction on issuing a determination within 120 days. I think, the outcome may either be approval or denial by USCIS depending on results of the background checks.

http://www.bibdaily.com/pdfs/Kahn2.pdf

I am dealing with the same AUSA - Cynthia Parsons. She changed her tactics a bit. :rolleyes: In my case (my backround checks had been completed also) she refused to dismiss the case. The only option was - to sign Stipulated Motion for Remand with attached Memorandum of points and authorities Stipulated Motion, with wording: " ..... Defendants and plaintiff have agreed to a remand to the agency and for the agency to make a decision on plaintiff's application within 30 busuness days of the date this Court orders a remand. For these reasons,plaintiff, pro se and defendant, through counsel, asks this Court to order this case remanded to CIS to make a decision on plaintiff's application for naturalization within 30 business days."
I have a different judge although. I really hope that she will sign the Order for the next a few days, not weeks (it is already 3 days passed) :confused: The clerk told me that there is no limit time for judge in this matter :eek: :mad:

curious100!!! sameple

curious100, congratulation on fast response. Could you please place your WOM (remove classified information) for others to file. This is not for myself. I did filed 1447(b) on July 11th for citizenship but your sample will help others to file WOM for I-485.

Congradulations!

curious100 said:

Congratulations, curious100!! So glad to see another victory. Your case was approved really fast. I filed my WOM about a week earlier than yours and hopefully they can approve my case soon as well. Some good signs for my case are: (1) 2nd FP was issued right after AUSA and local USCIS were served and FP was taken later last week; (2) The local USCIS representive (I guess) called me this week but couldn't reach me. Thre representive then called my boss and asked if I have done my FP. Fortunately, I told my boss about my FP last week so my boss told him that I have done FP. Not sure why they were asking my FP result, but I felt good because now they are trying to contact me and seems that they are working on my case.

bobbyren

curious100 said:

gcmera2 said:
Hi everybody:

Can any one who has filed the WRIT of mandamus can kindly post the copy of the WRIT PETITION here or can send me via personal message(PM). I am planning on filing for my pending I-485 case. My name check/FBI is done but they are keeping for internal check in Vermont. Do not know what they do in this.

Also please tell me whether I should go for writ of mandamus or 1447B petition in the state of Georgia (Atlanta) where I live. I would appreciate if any one can even PM me or post here the attachment of 1447B petition in addition to the writ of mandamus petition.

I really need help from some one who filed this writ petition for I-485 purpose. Thanks a lot in advance.
Read these: