Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Wow! Congratulations buggin, it was amazingly fast!

I have very similar dates of filing/serving and hope to get good news soon.

Emta said:
Wow! Congratulations buggin, it was amazingly fast!

I have very similar dates of filing/serving and hope to get good news soon.
Emta, thank you. Hang in there. It's not going to be much longer for you.

verywang said:
I was able to reach the US attorney who was assigned to my case and explained to him how anxious I was to get this resolved. He said he just sent out a request to USCIS to expedite the case, hopefully the name check will get cleared soon. I am crossing my fingers hoping I can travel and see my father while he is still alive. wish me luck guys.
Good Luck, and dont worry you eill succeed...

buggin said:
So, it looks like I am almost there.... Thanks to you all. I wouldn't have done it without this forum. I know I still have to wait for the oath letter, but I am so excited and happy. :p

CONGRATULATIONS :)

Congradulations!

buggin said:
Hi everybody,

I have finally a great news to share! I had my naturalization interview on Oct. 5, 2005. Then, I was waiting, waiting, and waiting for the name check to clear. I was so lucky to find this forum and learn that I can do more than just wait. So, I filed my 1447(b) petition on May 30, 2006. My gratitude to everybody on this forum for help and support.

Yesterday, 3 weeks after the US Atty was served with my case, I called the US Atty's office and had a "delightful" conversation with the receptionist that went like this:
- Could you please help me find out if anybody has been assigned to my case?
- I don't know anything about your case.
- Well, could you find out?
- No, I don't know anything. We don't give out any information to people.
- I am not just "people". I am a plaintiff and I need to find out who in your office I can discuss my case with.
- I don't know anything.
- Well, could you transfer me to someone who knows something? (I agree, my question was sarcastic but I couldn't help. ;) )

Finally, she transferred me to another person. I left a voice message. The lady called me back at my home number (though I left her my cell phone) and left a message asking to call back.

Today I called her back and she said: "Well, the USCIS is ready to adjudicate your case but they don't have the jurisdiction." So, she faxed me a stipulation agreement. I liked it and signed it and faxed it back to her. It pretty much said that I agree to dismiss my lawsuit without prejudice and the USCIS agrees to adjudicate the case within 30 days from the dismissal date.

I asked her when should I expect the approval/oath ceremony letter, and she said that the USCIS is trying to get me scheduled for the oath ceremony on July 11.

So, it looks like I am almost there.... Thanks to you all. I wouldn't have done it without this forum. I know I still have to wait for the oath letter, but I am so excited and happy. :p

Eastbayer, it looks like we might have the oath ceremony on the same day (Masonic Center right?).

CONGRADULATIONS!!! This is great news. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

buggin said:
Hi everybody,

I have finally a great news to share! I had my naturalization interview on Oct. 5, 2005. Then, I was waiting, waiting, and waiting for the name check to clear. I was so lucky to find this forum and learn that I can do more than just wait. So, I filed my 1447(b) petition on May 30, 2006. My gratitude to everybody on this forum for help and support.

Yesterday, 3 weeks after the US Atty was served with my case, I called the US Atty's office and had a "delightful" conversation with the receptionist that went like this:
- I am not just "people". I am a plaintiff and I need to find out who in your office I can discuss my case with.
- I don't know anything.
- Well, could you transfer me to someone who knows something? (I agree, my question was sarcastic but I couldn't help. ;) )

Finally, she transferred me to another person. I left a voice message. The lady called me back at my home number (though I left her my cell phone) and left a message asking to call back.

Today I called her back and she said: "Well, the USCIS is ready to adjudicate your case but they don't have the jurisdiction." So, she faxed me a stipulation agreement. I liked it and signed it and faxed it back to her. It pretty much said that I agree to dismiss my lawsuit without prejudice and the USCIS agrees to adjudicate the case within 30 days from the dismissal date.

I asked her when should I expect the approval/oath ceremony letter, and she said that the USCIS is trying to get me scheduled for the oath ceremony on July 11.

Eastbayer, it looks like we might have the oath ceremony on the same day (Masonic Center right?).
Congratulations Buggin... Very Well done...

Thank you

Suzy, Skyhigh, Haddy,

Thank you very much for all your support. I couldn't have done it without you all.

P.S. I am not celebrating yet. Keep my fingers crossed. You never know, there is always a chance something may go wrong (remember the story of Publicus' oath ceremony day?).... :)

buggin said:
Suzy, Skyhigh, Haddy,

Thank you very much for all your support. I couldn't have done it without you all.

P.S. I am not celebrating yet. Keep my fingers crossed. You never know, there is always a chance something may go wrong (remember the story of Publicus' oath ceremony day?).... :)
I remember that... dont forget to take all papers with you related non-related... you never know they say oh we have to take a photocopy of your N400 Receipt copy... do you have one... we lost yours... just kidding these people are just dum... so my friend just take all your papers with you and dont worry you will be fine...

I have been waiting for my green card for nearly six years and have yet to receive it. I was granted asylum under my father in 09/2000 and was recently sent a letter saying that I have to apply for asylum in my own right. I'm fed-up and would like to sue USCIS Pro Se. I am in Seattle and I've read that Seattle is the worst place to sue. Can anyone elaborate?

Also, since I don't have an attorney and will be spending a lot of my time and money I'd like to also have the government pay for the time and cost. Is this possible? Is there a proper term for such a thing?

buggin said:
Suzy, Skyhigh, Haddy,

Publicus was too paranoid and insecure, since he didn't have all the support, you and all the new guys got.

The only think you may have to consider, is to dive carefully on the Oath day, God forbidden not to have an accident and not to make it on time...like the USCIS lady told to Publicus on the phone: "Drive carefully"...I still remember, I was making fun of him, saying that maybe USCIS and FBI were staging an accident on his way to the Oath place to prevent him from being naturalized :D :D :D...and the poor guy was so paranoid that considered that option with all seriousness
:eek:

You can put the champagne to ice ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Suzy977 said:
Publicus was too paranoid and insecure, since he didn't have all the support, you and all the new guys got.

The only think you may have to be consider, is to dive carefully on the Oath day, God forbidden not to have an accident and not to make it on time...like the USCIS lady told to Publicus on the phone: "Drive carefully"...I still remember, I was making fun of him, saying that maybe USCIS and FBI were staging an accident on his way to the Oath place to prevent him from being naturalized :D :D :D...and the poor guy was so paranoid that considered that option with all seriousness
:eek:

You can put the champagne to ice ;)
You know what, this is the case when it is not over until it is over. I will take all precautions to make it to the oath ceremony.
And thanks for reminding me about the champagne.... :D

saden1 said:
I have been waiting for my green card for nearly six years and have yet to receive it. I was granted asylum under my father in 09/2000 and was recently sent a letter saying that I have to apply for asylum in my own right. I'm fed-up and would like to sue USCIS Pro Se. I am in Seattle and I've read that Seattle is the worst place to sue. Can anyone elaborate?

Also, since I don't have an attorney and will be spending a lot of my time and money I'd like to also have the government pay for the time and cost. Is this possible? Is there a proper term for such a thing?
hey there,
i am in seattle as well, i don't think that the filing a civil case in this district is going to be bad, granted it depends on the judge but, in your WOM case i think the US attorney's office is going to try pushing USCIS to adjudicate... i would find a good lawyer, since your case is an asylum case...
i am confused though, if you were already granted asylum why would you have to file again?!
i would suggest that youget a lawyer... for your asylum issue..
good luck anyways.

buggin said:
Hi everybody,

- I don't know anything.

buggin, I am very happy for you. :)
Your journey is almost over!

service problem

Hi Fighters,

I filed WOM for AOS case (NC pending for 28 months) on 6/5/06 in East New York District and sent out the summons the next day. I got the green receipt back from the local US attorney's office in a couple of days and from Washington US attorney general's office in a week and from FBI in 2 weeks. Now the remaining three packages to Washington DHS USCIS are still not delivered (online status shows accepted on 6/6/06). It's been almost 3 weeks. My question is whether the receipts from US attorney's offices are sufficient to file proof of services with the court? Or I still have to wait for the others? Thanks in advance guys.

buggin said:
Hi everybody,

Sorry buggin, I just saw your post and so happy for you!!! It's another victory for us! Congrats!

nobigdeal said:
Hi Fighters,

I filed WOM for AOS case (NC pending for 28 months) on 6/5/06 in East New York District and sent out the summons the next day. I got the green receipt back from the local US attorney's office in a couple of days and from Washington US attorney general's office in a week and from FBI in 2 weeks. Now the remaining three packages to Washington DHS USCIS are still not delivered (online status shows accepted on 6/6/06). It's been almost 3 weeks. My question is whether the receipts from US attorney's offices are sufficient to file proof of services with the court? Or I still have to wait for the others? Thanks in advance guys.
Nobigdeal,
I think the most import ones are for local USCIS and local US attoney. If local USCIS have yet got the complaint, call the post office you sent the mail, ask them to check it out and get the post office number which delieve your package to local USCIS and call them. That's what I did for the local USCIS b/c after a week, I still not seeing they delieved my package so I did that and turned out their computer system down so they did not update the system for few days. You might do the same for others or you just file proof of service for local USA first. That's is the way some people in this forum did.

Last edited by a moderator: