Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

mohamedmohamed said:
i just got back from work, opned my mailbox, to find a letter fromt the uscis district office saying that, my i 485 have been apporoved and that i have been adimitted as a permenent residence to the United States since JUn 12 2006.
again i would liek to thank everyone for their help and support, without this forume it would have never happened, i wish good luck to the ones thata are still waiting, and am sure they will get through it, if i did, any one else will.

Congratulations, you did it.

Suzy977 said:
Mohamedx2 congratulatios for...both of you ;) :D :D
Both of us :cool: thanks you too, and the gang on here, this how you know it is some strong that gathered us here, everyone get happy for everone, and everyone help everyone else, if thing like this can happen in the real life, the face of the earth will change.
i am still deciding wether or not to apply for naturalization, i will consult few lawyers, and see what i can find, in the best chance my application will be denied, then i will file appeal, with the Appeal board, and that would be my onluy chance to make my point, i will go this rout only , if i can have some good stuffs, to fight with, will be looking, but even without that, am happy with what i got now.
thanks everyon too

Congr for your victory on your greencard battle. But, why do you feel that your naturalization application will be denied? Is it because you sue them for your green card?

Jack

mohamedmohamed said:
Both of us :cool: thanks you too, and the gang on here, this how you know it is some strong that gathered us here, everyone get happy for everone, and everyone help everyone else, if thing like this can happen in the real life, the face of the earth will change.
i am still deciding wether or not to apply for naturalization, i will consult few lawyers, and see what i can find, in the best chance my application will be denied, then i will file appeal, with the Appeal board, and that would be my onluy chance to make my point, i will go this rout only , if i can have some good stuffs, to fight with, will be looking, but even without that, am happy with what i got now.
thanks everyon too

proof of service

Hi guys,
Would you please share your experience regarding the proof of service. I am kind of starting to nervous about it. I sent my complaints with summons to all defendants on June 09, 2006. I got a green return card from Local USCIS but there is still no delivery confirmation from Washington offices. The USPS customer service told me that Certified Mail delivery will take up to 14 business days :eek: with return reciept up to 21 days :eek: and the most interesting thing is that Certified Mail is not guaranteed :confused: Should I worry about my proof of service already or wait this 14 days???
Any comments?
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
milashka said:
Hi guys,
Would you please share your experience regarding the proof of service. I am kind of starting to nervous about it. I sent my complaints with summons to all defendants on June 09, 2006. I got a green return card from Local USCIS but there is still no delivery confirmation from Washington offices. The USPS customer service told me that Certified Mail delivery will take up to 14 business days :eek: with return reciept up to 21 days :eek: and the most interesting thing is that Certified Mail is not guaranteed :confused: Should I worry about my proof of service already or wait this 14 days???
Any comments?
Thank you.
Milashka, where did you file your case?

I am in Norther District of CA (San Francisco). I got all delivery confirmation e-mails from USPS about a week after I mailed the packages out. As soon as I got all confermations, I printed them out (they didn't show any names or signatures, just the time when the mail was delivered and the zip code where it was delivered) and mailed them together with the certificate of service and original summons to the court clerk on 6/7. PACER shows that my proof of service was put on file on 6/8 and the status is "executed." It means that the court didn't have any problems with my proof of service.

It could be different though in your court. But the thing to remember is that the green signature receipts may never get back to you. There are a lot of cases here on this Forum when plaintiffs didn't get all the receipts back.

milashka said:
Hi guys,
Any comments?
Thank you.

No need to be nervious. One thing to take into account is that 1447b appicants have a lot of time to bring their retrun of service to court. You can check your local rules or simply call clerk and ask about your timeframe for this, but you should have no less than 60 days...

I think it is important to understand that no matter how quickly you bring return of service back to court, US Atty. office will contact you in about 60 days after they are served. Of course, you can call them before that but nothing will really move until few days before those 60 days.

All I said above isn't only from my experience, it is what I know from many. As to my particular experience, when I dealt with all this stuff, I was stubbornly waiting for green return receipts (though as many rightly said, I didn't have to do this). As a result, I brought my return of service to court after about 50 days after I served US Atty. So, what happened after that? I was contacted very soon, and during next 30 days everything was resolved and I got naturalized.

Interview:April 2005; 1447b:February 2006; Naturalized: May 2006

milashka said:
Hi guys,
Any comments?
Thank you.

Milashka,

Today, I got a return receipt from Department of Homeland Security. I sent the summon on 5/31. On the UPS site, it says that they've got it on 6/5, but on the receipt itself I can see that they've processed it on 6/9. Today, I got it (6/15). So it took 16 days. I'm still waiting for 2 other receipts.

However, yesterday (tired of waiting), we dropped them off to the clerk's office. She was fine with the UPS printouts.

Btw, someone has asked if clerks are always right? Based on my experinece, some of them do not have a clue what they're talking about. But some are quite khowledgeable. You can always see :)

Can someone help me with this:
On the back of the summons, under RETURN OF SERVICE, what date should I use, the date I mailed the summons and complaint or the date I fill in this form?
Also, on the DECLARATION OF SERVER, what date should be in Executed on, the date mailed the letter or the date fill the form? Thank you all for your help!

buggin said:
Milashka, where did you file your case?

I am in Norther District of CA (San Francisco). I got all delivery confirmation e-mails from USPS about a week after I mailed the packages out. As soon as I got all confermations, I printed them out (they didn't show any names or signatures, just the time when the mail was delivered and the zip code where it was delivered) and mailed them together with the certificate of service and original summons to the court clerk on 6/7. PACER shows that my proof of service was put on file on 6/8 and the status is "executed." It means that the court didn't have any problems with my proof of service.

It could be different though in your court. But the thing to remember is that the green signature receipts may never get back to you. There are a lot of cases here on this Forum when plaintiffs didn't get all the receipts back.
Hello buggin, thank you for your help.
I am in District Court of Arizona (Phoenix). The clerk will except USPS email confirmations too (as I was told by a clerk), but I still dont have those emails. This is what bothers me :confused: Today I will send proof of service on Local USCIS and will wait another 4-5 days for email USPS confirmations.

qim said:
No need to be nervious. One thing to take into account is that 1447b appicants have a lot of time to bring their retrun of service to court. You can check your local rules or simply call clerk and ask about your timeframe for this, but you should have no less than 60 days...

I think it is important to understand that no matter how quickly you bring return of service back to court, US Atty. office will contact you in about 60 days after they are served. Of course, you can call them before that but nothing will really move until few days before those 60 days.

All I said above isn't only from my experience, it is what I know from many. As to my particular experience, when I dealt with all this stuff, I was stubbornly waiting for green return receipts (though as many rightly said, I didn't have to do this). As a result, I brought my return of service to court after about 50 days after I served US Atty. So, what happened after that? I was contacted very soon, and during next 30 days everything was resolved and I got naturalized.

Interview:April 2005; 1447b:February 2006; Naturalized: May 2006

qim, thank you.
I need to calm down, that's for sure :)

sanka said:
Milashka,

Today, I got a return receipt from Department of Homeland Security. I sent the summon on 5/31. On the UPS site, it says that they've got it on 6/5, but on the receipt itself I can see that they've processed it on 6/9. Today, I got it (6/15). So it took 16 days. I'm still waiting for 2 other receipts.

However, yesterday (tired of waiting), we dropped them off to the clerk's office. She was fine with the UPS printouts.

Btw, someone has asked if clerks are always right? Based on my experinece, some of them do not have a clue what they're talking about. But some are quite khowledgeable. You can always see :)

sanka, thank you.
It is so hard to be patient in my own case :D

I just checked case status online, from what I printed out last month, it said it will take 30-60 days for us to process blah blah, today it changes to "You can use our processing date to estimate..." like someone here said before.
I am not sure the USCIS has changed for all the cases or only for us filed lawsuit. Any thoughts? Can someone whom has not filed lawsuit to check online to see the message? Thanks!

fightback said:
Can someone help me with this:
On the back of the summons, under RETURN OF SERVICE, what date should I use, the date I mailed the summons and complaint or the date I fill in this form?
Also, on the DECLARATION OF SERVER, what date should be in Executed on, the date mailed the letter or the date fill the form? Thank you all for your help!
Fightback, you should put the date when you execute the service, which is the date when you mailed your complaint and summons out to the defendants.

milashka said:
I am in District Court of Arizona (Phoenix). The clerk will except USPS email confirmations too (as I was told by a clerk), but I still dont have those emails. This is what bothers me :confused: Today I will send proof of service on Local USCIS and will wait another 4-5 days for email USPS confirmations.
You have to sign up for e-mail confirmation through the USPS web site. Otherwise, you will not get them.

Or you can just go to the USPS.gov. There is a window "tracking and confirmation" where you enter the receip numbers (the long numbers on the side of the receipt) and it will show you the status of the delivery. Most likely, your packages were already delivered.

cajack said:
Congr for your victory on your greencard battle. But, why do you feel that your naturalization application will be denied? Is it because you sue them for your green card?

Jack
no, if i file now it will be denied because i have not been a permanent resident 3 yers, or 2years and 9 months

buggin said:
You have to sign up for e-mail confirmation through the USPS web site. Otherwise, you will not get them.

Or you can just go to the USPS.gov. There is a window "tracking and confirmation" where you enter the receip numbers (the long numbers on the side of the receipt) and it will show you the status of the delivery. Most likely, your packages were already delivered.

And if you go to any USPS they can print a confirmation for you with everything on it . Good luck to all of us

milashka said:

Go to any USPS they can print a confirmation for you with everything on it . Good luck :)

Mr LA said:
Go to any USPS they can print a confirmation for you with everything on it . Good luck :)
When I went to my USPS office and asked them to print it out for me, they wanted to charge me $3.50 for a printout, because that is what they charge for the return signature receipt. So, I just went home and printed delivery confirmations out from the web site.

buggin said:
When I went to my USPS office and asked them to print it out for me, they wanted to charge me $3.50 for a printout, because that is what they charge for the return signature receipt. So, I just went home and printed delivery confirmations out from the web site.

If it is certified, registered mail, I think it’s free, they did give it to me for free for all the 5.

buggin said:

I did it on June 13. So far I got only emails from USPS about acceptance of the mail in ****Location. So I am still waiting.....