Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

EGYPTIANCASTLE said:
I have made it, I have been naturalized yesterday and become a US citizen...Thank you everybody and good luck and God bless us all...and God bless America.
Congratulations EgyptianCastle! For the rest of the community, it will be helpful if you can share your case experiences and attachments where feasible.

please let me know whether I am sueing the right defendants

Michael J. Sullivan, United States Attorney
United States Attorney’s Office
John Joseph Moakley Courthouse
1 Courthouse Way
Boston, MA 02210

John Ashcroft, Attorney General
United States Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001

Tom Ridge, Secretary
Office of General Counsel
US Department of Homeland Security
Washington, DC 20258

Eduardo Aguirre, Jr., Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
425 Eye Street, NW
Washington, DC 20536

Dennis Riordan, District Director
Boston District Office
JFK Federal Building
Government Center
Boston, MA 02203

General Counsel
Washington, DC 20258

7. Robert Mueller
Director of FBI
Federall Bureau of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20535-0001

please let me know whether I am sueing the right defendents, and whether these address are correct. thanks

I called AUSA to talk about the discovery process. The conversation went like this

K: "I'm such and such, I got your response to my lawsuit"

AUSA : "Oh, yeah, I remember who you are"

K: "I guess we are supposed to get engaged into the discovery process. What's the next step?"

AUSUA : "Yes, technically we are. But I'm surprised that CIS hasn't notified you. I got a notice last Thursday or Friday - YOUR NAME CHECK HAS BEEN COMPLETED AND WE SHOULD WORK ON DISMISSING YOUR LAWSUIT"

My name check is in, I should be a citizen in a month or two, I guess. I don't know what else to say, besides THANK YOU for people on here who have exchanged information and helped each other out. Knowledge is power, that's for sure.

Ah, I gues there is one more thing to say - if you are thinking about suing them and not sure.... read my lips... SUE THEM. I bet they will settle 999 out of 1000 cases before it goes to court because it's a waste of time for them. Too many precedents and too much information floating around now.

K

P.S. One more thing - I wanna say a big hearty F#$K YOU to the USCIS.

EGYPTIANCASTLE said:
I have made it, I have been naturalized yesterday and become a US citizen...Thank you everybody and good luck and God bless us all...and God bless America.

Congrats man! Enjoy it!

K

RealSuperK said:
I called AUSA to talk about the discovery process. The conversation went like this

K: "I guess we are supposed to get engaged into the discovery process. What's the next step?"

AUSUA : "Yes, technically we are. But I'm surprised that CIS hasn't notified you. I got a notice last Thursday or Friday - YOUR NAME CHECK HAS BEEN COMPLETED AND WE SHOULD WORK ON DISMISSING YOUR LAWSUIT"

My name check is in, I should be a citizen in a month or two, I guess. I don't know what else to say, besides THANK YOU for people on here who have exchanged information and helped each other out. Knowledge is power, that's for sure.

Ah, I gues there is one more thing to say - if you are thinking about suing them and not sure.... read my lips... SUE THEM. I bet they will settle 999 out of 1000 cases before it goes to court because it's a waste of time for them. Too many precedents and too much information floating around now.

K

Congratulations BigK!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards

verywang said:
Michael J. Sullivan, United States Attorney
United States Attorney’s Office
John Joseph Moakley Courthouse
1 Courthouse Way
Boston, MA 02210

John Ashcroft, Attorney General
United States Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001

Tom Ridge, Secretary
Washington, DC 20258

Eduardo Aguirre, Jr., Director
425 Eye Street, NW
Washington, DC 20536

Dennis Riordan, District Director
Boston District Office
JFK Federal Building
Government Center
Boston, MA 02203

General Counsel
Washington, DC 20258

7. Robert Mueller
Director of FBI
Federall Bureau of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Ave., NW

please let me know whether I am sueing the right defendents, and whether these address are correct. thanks

Hi,
You don't sue [1] or [6]. [1] represents the gov and [6] where you send summons for DHS. The rest are fine but note that [2] is Roberto Gonzales, [3] is Michael Chertoff & [4] is Emilio Gonzalez. I am not sure about [5].

Best Regards
Safi

Does anyone have a case law that shows USCIS cannot deny a naturalization application for lack of good moral character if occured more than 120 days after the interview. My brother had his military naturalization denied because he had a defferred adjudication sentence more than 6months after his interview, although the sentence will be dismissed in 2008. He was awaiting security checks all this time. Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks..

the right defendants to sue

Please kindly check again whether this time I am getting every name and address straightened out:

1.Michael Chertoff, Secretary, DHS;
Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Office of the General Counsel
Washington, DC 20528

2. ALberto Gonzales, Attorney General, USDOJ
US Attorney General
US Department of Justice
950 Pensylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001.

3. Robert S. Mueller, Director of FBI
Federal Bureau of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pensylvania Ave., NW

4. Emilio Gonzalez., Director, USCIS
Director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Washington, DC 20528

5. Dennis Riordan, District Director-Boston, USCIS
Boston District Office
US Citizenship and Immigration Services
JFK Federal Building
Government Center
Boston, MA 02203

wang,

good luck.

I will follow you in Boston court in 113 days!

rob

verywang said:
Please kindly check again whether this time I am getting every name and address straightened out:

1.Michael Chertoff, Secretary, DHS;
Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Washington, DC 20528

2. ALberto Gonzales, Attorney General, USDOJ
US Attorney General
US Department of Justice
950 Pensylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001.

3. Robert S. Mueller, Director of FBI
Federal Bureau of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pensylvania Ave., NW

4. Emilio Gonzalez., Director, USCIS
Director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Washington, DC 20528

5. Dennis Riordan, District Director-Boston, USCIS
Boston District Office
US Citizenship and Immigration Services
JFK Federal Building
Government Center
Boston, MA 02203

rob waiter said:
wang,

good luck.

I will follow you in Boston court in 113 days!

rob

Rob,
read this before .....

wish you the best....

Last edited by a moderator:
RealSuperK said:
K

Well done, congrats!

By the way, once you get your I-445 (oath letter), there will be some questions on a back side. All of them will be about the time between the interview and oath. Not all those questions are exactly toothless, especially if you traveled (out of US) and/or had traffic citations during that time. So, if you did, it is better to get blank form in advance to familiarize yourself with those questions. Actually, I would advise this to any naturalization applicant waiting for oath letter.

In one of his posts, Publicus described very colorfully what was going on with him during oath ceremony (he had 2 traffic citations between interview and oath, and he definitely isn't alone).

SuperK, I feel your pain:)

RealSuperK said:
K

I am watching your case, for all that effort you put in for this fight, those bastards chickened out, why the F@#%$^ can't they do their job in the first place!!!!!!!?????

Well, congratz on winning the case!

Wish me luck, and everyone elso too.

Balto

EGYPTIANCASTLE said:

Well deserved, congratulations. It costed you a lot of effort, and you are now a winner! You also did a lot of good writing to this thread, it will be definitely appreciated by many.

Ciminal background

Hi,

Did anybody are in similar situation before wherein a felony crime was committed 5 years before naturalization application and the felony is a non-aggravated felony and receive no imprisonment sentence before but just with probattion sentence only. My question is whether it will affect my application for 1447(b) since the USCIS has not response to me eventhough 120 days is already up. I understand that the government cannot denied my naturalization petition because the felony was comitted more than 5 years and without any imprisonment imposed on me. Thank u. Can anyone share with me of any such encounter?

Should I dismiss?

US ATTNY called. He said my name check was cleared but that I needed to dismiss the law suit "without prejudice" in order for them to proceed with my naturalization. He sounded really sincere.... what should I do? he said that I can always file again if they don't keep their promise.

qim said:
Well done, congrats!

By the way, once you get your I-445 (oath letter), there will be some questions on a back side. All of them will be about the time between the interview and oath. Not all those questions are exactly toothless, especially if you traveled (out of US) and/or had traffic citations during that time. So, if you did, it is better to get blank form in advance to familiarize yourself with those questions. Actually, I would advise this to any naturalization applicant waiting for oath letter.

In one of his posts, Publicus described very colorfully what was going on with him during oath ceremony (he had 2 traffic citations between interview and oath, and he definitely isn't alone).

What is the travel implication?

wonder boy, what a miriacle you have achieved!

RealSuperK said:

K

i wish you luck. I am now so eager for the
end of 120 days.

Balto said:
I am watching your case, for all that effort you put in for this fight, those bastards chickened out, why the F@#%$^ can't they do their job in the first place!!!!!!!?????

Well, congratz on winning the case!

Wish me luck, and everyone elso too.

Balto

in your stipulation to dismiss, be sure
set a deadline for naturalization.

RealSuperK said:

K