Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Good Luck!!!

andrew2006 said:
I filed WOM for my I-485 in Southern District of New York. Let's see what happens next.

Good Luck Andrew... Its time to end the suffering... USCIS does not move a bit and do their jobs... I think if they hire all of us we will run USCIS better than these people...

Please, send your Complaint/Summons to...

backues said:
I did not send the return receipts to the local US atty's office either. Should I? I asked the court clerk what I need to do next when I turned in the return receipts. They said nothing but just wait.

Please help me clear this.

Thanks.

When I receive my Pro Se package... It was clearly written whether US Atty General is a defendant or not it is good idea to send complint to the USAG in Washington DC in addition to you local US Atty... Meaning Local US atty is more important to send complaint and summons to... if USAG is your defendant then you "have" to send yor complaint/summons to USAG Washington DC... but if US AG is not a defendant in your case then you dont have to but if you send it is considered to be fine...

You would need to send your Complaint/Summons to "Civil Processing Clerk" you will have to find out about their address from the District court you filed your complaint to... This "Civil Process Clerk" helps assigning your case to Defendants counsel that is a local US Atty or a local Assistant US Atty... also if you read this thread from the beginning we have examples and directions how to make sure to send your complaint to the right person...

Also read page 38 on this attached file... and actually keep this file handy it is a great source of knowledge...

Sorry

backues said:
I did not send the return receipts to the local US atty's office either. Should I? I asked the court clerk what I need to do next when I turned in the return receipts. They said nothing but just wait.

Please help me clear this.

Thanks.
Sorry Backues,

I didnot realize your were talking about receipts not complaint... Well it is better to send receipts to your local US Atty Assigned to your case defending the defendants... you dont want him to comeback and say I am sorry I did not receive a proof that my defendant parties were summoned...

I am sure if the court clerk is saying ok then it's ok but if I were you I wont mind to atleast make copies of the receipts and send to you "Civil Process Clerk"... and actually this too you can read on page 1 of Publicus's great directions... its on the page one...

Mr LA said:
Hello everyone,
I am on my final stage to file my lawsuit. My 120days will end May 10, and I am planning to do it on May 15 No waist of time.

I just need to know something. Why do we need to serve Local Us Attorney?
I am planning to sue: "i am taken AILF advice part 3C"

Alberto R. Gonzales, Attorney General of the United States;
Michael Chertoff, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security;
Emilio T. Gonzalez, Director of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services;
Jane Arellano, District Director of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.

Anyone else filed lawsuit in Los Angeles district court? Lets talk

MR LA,
I did :) . Central District of California on 04/07/2006.

RealSuperK said:
Today is the 60th day since I filed the 1447(b) complaint. I haven't heard anything from the AUSA assigned to my case which is not surprising considering a bizzare conversation I had with her a couple of weeks ago. I guess in the next a couple of days I'll find out their defense. I kinda hoped I get something by email saying that they couldn't verify the place of my residence (like they did to Amir/Houston). I'd die laughing considering that I've lived in the space place for 10 years now. I'd make one crappy terrorist...
after your 60 days end, you should file motion with the court for default judgement, unless if they have asked for an extention

greencard12 said:
Mohamedmohamed,

I read the Mr. Cannon's declaration and found nowhere in the document where he implied "FBI can produce any name check in a matter of 24-48 hours". Could you please tell me where id you find that information? I think if he did make such statement, it would give us a good weapon to fight in the court.
i have that pece of information somewhere, may be it wasnt Mr. Cannon declaration, will look for it, and when i find it i will pass that on to you.

few exepmles of the WOM

these are some exemple, thorugh the pages of this forume, there are too many more , speciallt the 1st page, Publicas posting, it can be used as a guid to draft your complaint.

Cannon's words

mohamedmohamed said:
i have that pece of information somewhere, may be it wasnt Mr. Cannon declaration, will look for it, and when i find it i will pass that on to you.

Could you post on the forum again, whatever you find? I am looking for the exact piece too.

Thanks

Obsolete Technology

joey101 said:
Needsolution,

I don't know if it is going to answer your concern but the way it was explained to me by my senator's immigration liaison is this:

When FBI completes a name check they send the results to USCIS central office in Washington DC. The results are sent on a AUDIO TAPE. Sometime FBI misses the part of the name and/or sometime they pronounce the name wrong with so many difficult names to pronounce from the immigrant community. That is the reason that USCIS never receive the results and they show the background check is still pending eventhough it has been cleared by the FBI.

Wow... these people are still using that obsolete tech... I dont beleive it... FBI known for catching criminals with their state of art technology... using this third class tech for inter Govt (USCIS) matters... No wonder after using the same Audio tapes... the tape will start missing the names... Man!!! a lot of stuff needs to be corrected...

Eastbayer said:
Could you post on the forum again, whatever you find? I am looking for the exact piece too.

Thanks
Paragraph 13 line 9 says: 68% of name checks can be returned to uscis as "no record" within 48 hrs.
Paragraph 19 line 26 & 27 says the FBI can expedite if directed by uscis.

greencard12 said:
Mohamedmohamed,

I read the Mr. Cannon's declaration and found nowhere in the document where he implied "FBI can produce any name check in a matter of 24-48 hours". Could you please tell me where id you find that information? I think if he did make such statement, it would give us a good weapon to fight in the court.
Paragraph 13 line 9 says: 68% of name checks can be returned to uscis as "no record" within 48 hrs.

kenny485 said:

Since I know for a fact that I got a FBI record courtesy of a completely unwarranted investigation (thus falling into the 32% category), I'm going with the Paragraph 19 in my case. FBI involved me into this mess, they better get me out of it too.

I won the case

Dear all,

I just checked my online status and found my case was approved! It says a welcome letter is on the way. One month after i filed my case, I finally got my greencard!

Thank you guys for your help and support. I've learned a lot from this forum. I filed pro se and made a lot of mistakes during the process, but I still won. So, don't hesitate, suing the government is the way to ensure they get their jobs done.

Hi,
My name is Zaib.I filed my petition (1447 b) on the 3rd of this month in Seattle.The defandants were Alberto Gonzales,Michael Chertoff,Emilio T Gonzalez,and Robert Mueller.I forgot to put the local US district attorney as defandant,but I did send him the copy of the summons and the copy of the complaint which I did send to the attorney General.Would this help or no.

How did you find out?

miumiu1977 said:
Dear all,

I just checked my online status and found my case was approved! It says a welcome letter is on the way. One month after i filed my case, I finally got my greencard!

Thank you guys for your help and support. I've learned a lot from this forum. I filed pro se and made a lot of mistakes during the process, but I still won. So, don't hesitate, suing the government is the way to ensure they get their jobs done.

Congrats! How did you find it out? Did you just check the USCIS web site? Did you have to deal with the US Attorney/court/USCIS at all during this process? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
mohamedmohamed, please help, again:)

mohamedmohamed, see what I said about reposting Mr. Cannon's remark? :) I know there are so many people out there looking for that piece, so you'd better find it soon :D

I'd appreciate it if you can do me a favor. I can not find one single case filed in Maryland, could you help to locate one? Thanks in advance for your kindness.

It's been ~ two weeks since you filed, hope you hear something good soon.

Wish you and all of us here best of luck!

Balto

zaib said:
Hi,
My name is Zaib.I filed my petition (1447 b) on the 3rd of this month in Seattle.The defandants were Alberto Gonzales,Michael Chertoff,Emilio T Gonzalez,and Robert Mueller.I forgot to put the local US district attorney as defandant,but I did send him the copy of the summons and the copy of the complaint which I did send to the attorney General.Would this help or no.

You're OK, local US Attorney is not and shouldn't be a Defendant...he represents the Defendants and this is why you send him/her all the papers related to the case, but you don't sue him/her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You,
Suzy.I have been reading all the threads and you really are very helpful to all who have any questions.Thanks from all of us.

zaib said:
Thank You,
Suzy.I have been reading all the threads and you really are very helpful to all who have any questions.Thanks from all of us.

Zaib,

Can you please post your details, e.g. priority date, fingerprint date, interview date etc.?

Balto said:
mohamedmohamed, see what I said about reposting Mr. Cannon's remark? :) I know there are so many people out there looking for that piece, so you'd better find it soon :D

I'd appreciate it if you can do me a favor. I can not find one single case filed in Maryland, could you help to locate one? Thanks in advance for your kindness.

It's been ~ two weeks since you filed, hope you hear something good soon.

Wish you and all of us here best of luck!

Balto
i will look for the piece where it said they can finish the namecheck quick, and will also look if i can find some cases in maryland, i promise.