Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Your timeline

Zorro3 said:
I have filed 1447 (b) lawsuite and unfortunately I did not hear anything back from no one. One week left before the end of the 60 days due date. I called the USAA and he very casually said "oh you will hear something at the last day and it is going to be from the court". so I said there won't be a motion to dismiss the case, he said well since you filed there are 2 things an answer which I will do on the last day and getting your citizenship which is between you and the USCIS and I've nothing to do with. I am puzzeled and disappointed. I don't no what would be his answer, he did not say an extention or anything. Does anyone have an idea on how to proceed with this? should I request a motion for trial after the one week? Any suggestions?

What is your timeline and District Office which you specified on the defendants list?

Hi all,

I have filed a lawsuit for my mom today in Boston Court. I also served the U.S. Attorney on the 9th floor, as was suggested here. Now I need to send the copies of summons and complaint to the defendants, and send the original summons with return of service forms back to the court, right?

Thanks for all the help here on the board! The wait begins.

Your timeline

IreneB said:
Hi all,

I have filed a lawsuit for my mom today in Boston Court. I also served the U.S. Attorney on the 9th floor, as was suggested here. Now I need to send the copies of summons and complaint to the defendants, and send the original summons with return of service forms back to the court, right?

What is your timeline and District Office which you specified on the defendants list?

IreneB said:
Hi all,

The instructions they gave me in court says to send TWO copies to Attorney General. Why two copies?

When was the interview?

IreneB said:
Timeline is 60 days, the District of Massachusetts.

IreneB, I meant when was the interview. I would like to add your info to the LawSuits summary thread. Thanks.

edgrapes said:
IreneB, I meant when was the interview. I would like to add your info to the LawSuits summary thread. Thanks.

Oops, sorry. She actually had two inteviews: first - 05/24/2004, second - 04/18/2006.

Does anyone know about IBIS "SIR" cases, what "SIR" stands for?

Does anyone know about IBIS "SIR" cases, what "SIR" stands for?

Question 1: Does anyone know what "SIR" stands for?
and
Question 2: How does a naturalization application gets classified as a "SIR"?

http://judiciary.house.gov/media/pdfs/maxwell072706.pdf

On page 51, it talks about IBIS "SIR" Cases:

B. Instructions Regarding Pending IBIS “SIR” Cases Until further notice, no USCIS office is to perform resolution on any pending “SIR” Remember the “SIR” process terminated with the November 29, 2004 memorandum; all outstanding “SIRS” are now part of the backlog of “SIR” cases at the National Security and Threat Protection unit (NSTP—the component of ICE that assumed national security IBIS resolution activity from the INS National Security Unit). The ONLY National Security/Terrorism-related IBIS resolutions to be conducted by USCIS offices are thos eassociated with the National Security Notification (NSN) process created with the November 29, 2004 memorandum. When confronted with litigation, an office with a pending “SIR” should contact the FDNS for assistance. FDNS will request expedited processing from the NSTP for those cases ONLY

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to expedite IBIS check in case of a hit?

After filling petition for a hearing under 8 USC 1447b;
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to expedite IBIS check in case of a hit?

needsolution said:
After filling petition for a hearing under 8 USC 1447b;

Have you filed your 1447b lawsuit already?

Not to change the subject or anything, I am kind of upset that one military post's JAG office turned me down today. Simply they didn't know what I was talking about and they told me to deal with it.

Now one of my superiors wants me to prepare the lawsuit myself. That is the problem, I don't want to mess something, I have never done anything like this before, there is so much information, I don't have the time to sift through some 8.000 posts, I am just so frustrated. I have 20 days until the 120-day wait is up.

US attorney answered my complaint

Finally, 5 days before the deadline, the US attorney answered my complaint. Basically he tried to convice the court that the case should be dismissed. I was going to file a response right away, so I called the pro se office to ask about the time line. Then I was told that actually I should not do anything yet at this moment. The judge will review his answer and decide what to do. Now, I have to wait :( . I am so ready for this fight. There is one thing though I am not sure. The attorney listed 11 defenses in his answer, if I file an response to that, what kind of format should I follow? Should I reply to each defense or just write up a summary? Anyone kind enough to share experiences?
BTW, aka808, did you hear anything from the US attorney?

IreneB said:
The instructions they gave me in court says to send TWO copies to Attorney General. Why two copies?

Any help on this? Do I send 2 copies in one envelop, or two different ones? Should I include the copies of all summons, or just the one addressed to Attorney General?

Thanks!

IreneB said:
Any help on this? Do I send 2 copies in one envelop, or two different ones? Should I include the copies of all summons, or just the one addressed to Attorney General?

Thanks!

2 copies of complain and copies of all summons to atty general. One single envelop.