Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

You will win!

syt said:
From Nob Hill Masonic Center Calendar, there is a schedule up to September 2006 for oath ceremony. 6/20, 7/11, 7/25, 8/8, 8/22, and 9/5. I look at that calendar everyday and expect there is a slot for me in the coming oath ceremony. But, I am disappointed each time so far. You know, I keep looking at your case, since you are in North CA as me. If you win, I get more chance to win, don't I?

It is just a matter of time, depends on how efficient those people in USCIS work. I wish I had sued them earlier. As long as they submit an expedition request for you, you can start counting the days. Good luck :)

Dubu said:
I am just getting back from an attorney with 24 years of experience who has litigated naturalization denial cases and appreciates how effective the 1447b strategy is across the nation. He doesn't think my situation is "unheard of"...he has had clients who were afraid to sue after waiting one year... dealing with same CIS bs. So anyway, he charged me $60 since he had already looked at my complaint ahead of time from me faxing it and told me to come back in 30 days :D Charges $125/hr and estimated about 7hrs worth of work. He said he will "tweak" my complaint.... :D I was very impressed with guy. Anybody in MEUSDC, I'd highly recommend this attorney: Peter Darvin.

For which states this lawyer takes his cases?

khalafah2000 said:
For which states this lawyer takes his cases?

Is he the guy you are talking about?

Peter L. Darvin
Peter Darvin
Portland, Maine
(Cumberland Co.)

AV Peer Review Rated

Born 1957; Admitted 1983; State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A.; George Washington University, J.D.

Eastbayer said:
Me too. I lived in the Twincities from 1991-2000, went to school and worked there a little while. Even had the chance to work with two very nice lawyers. Miss the nice people and white snow.

Good luck, Minnesotans!
Eastbayer,

So you are from Minnesota. Me too. I was there from 1994-1998. I got my B.A. and M.S. from U of M, Twin Cites. It is really nice to know we have such similar background. You know what I still receive weekly ISSS news from U. :rolleyes:

syt

syt said:
Eastbayer,

So you are from Minnesota. Me too. I was there from 1994-1998. I got my B.A. and M.S. from U of M, Twin Cites. It is really nice to know we have such similar background. You know what I still receive weekly ISSS news from U. :rolleyes:

syt

Does anyone know how to find cited cases, i mean how can i find a case like Danilov vs Aguirre?
I remember that in PACER, i can search with Attorney, Party or Case number and I need to know the District Court State also. Is it through PACER or some other software?

How to find Cited Cases?

Does anyone know how to find cited cases, i mean how can i find a case like Danilov vs Aguirre?
I remember that in PACER, i can search with Attorney, Party or Case number and I need to know the District Court State also. Is it through PACER or some other software?

sfaizullah said:
Hi,
After filing lawsuit, what are the options of contacting USCIS? Can I go to local DO with InfoPass? Is it appropriate? Can I send a copy of what I file with court and DA office to USCIS local DO as well? As I posted yesterday, I did receive a letter from Mr. Hooton stating that my name check was processed and finalized (still puzzled as what it means :)) and sent to USCIS headquarters in Washington. I believe if USCIS move diligently :) on this then my case can be resolved soon. But how to make them know that my name check is complete?

Best Regards
Why don't you go throught the US Atty who is assigned to your case?

buggin said:
Why don't you go throught the US Atty who is assigned to your case?

I called last Thursday and no one is yet assigned. The 60 days will be over by 07/15/06 and I am afraid that they will not assign someone till very close to that date and hence I will lose more than a month for no good reason given the fact that I have this letter stating my name check is finalized.

Best Regards

Thanks alot for your response, it give me a bit of confidence in the way I did interpret the hand book.

go to your DO to find out

sfaizullah said:
I called last Thursday and no one is yet assigned. The 60 days will be over by 07/15/06 and I am afraid that they will not assign someone till very close to that date and hence I will lose more than a month for no good reason given the fact that I have this letter stating my name check is finalized.
This is what i would do: keep on calling and emailing the AUSA every once in a while to inquire about your case. you might also want to take an infopass appt just for the heck of it, you might want to take a copy of your letter with you in case they tell you it's still pending.
The way i see it, they have 3 months to figure it out. so i will give them 3 months.

check this out...

hey guys check this out. this is a copy from my online status with USCIS:
Case Status
Receipt Number: LIN*000******

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status:

Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on June 2, 2004. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done(this used to say not too long ago: it takes between 365 to 385 days to resolve this kind of application). Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

isn't this strange?,... just after i sue :cool:

new FP letter

Guys this is another update after the one i did 10 minutes ago...
As it turns out i check my mail and i see a letter for 2nd fingerprinting on 06/15/06 in two days. the letter was mailed 2 days after the AUSA was assigned and 1 week after the defendants were served... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
mY CASE STATUS

kabi24 said:
hey guys check this out. this is a copy from my online status with USCIS:
Case Status
Receipt Number: LIN*000******

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status:

Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on June 2, 2004. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done(this used to say not too long ago: it takes between 365 to 385 days to resolve this kind of application). Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

isn't this strange?,... just after i sue :cool:

The message I got used to be like yours. After I filed the petition, it has been changed to the following:

Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on August xx, 2004. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think they have many variations to show you that they ARE working :D

Let it be and relax a little. Life is already too stressful for us.

A good sign

kabi24 said:
Guys this is another update after the one i did 10 minutes ago...
As it turns out i check my mail and i see a letter for 2nd fingerprinting on 06/15/06 in two days. the letter was mailed 2 days after the AUSA was assigned and 1 week after the defendants were served... :D

They are REALLY working on your case! Cheers! :D :D :D

another round of bereaucracy

i went to the district office today, and i asked for the officer who interviewed me(by the way he is really nice guy
i said am here to see you, he said for what?, i introduced myself, then he toldme( he was smiling) you have been comming here every other days, just go and have a good time , i told him it is hard to have a good time when you have been waiting 3 years.
then he said i think i rememebr you file, and left for a few mins, when he got back, he said,everythign turns out good, yur 2nd fingerprints is good too,i finished reviewing your file yesterday, and gave to the my boss, the DO director, her have to write a reports to the court and then we will mail your approval notice.
i told him i am ready to dismiss the case as soon as my case is approved, but he said they still have to do that, so i asked him how long it is going to take,he told me , probably a few days, i asked him again, and he confirmed to me that everything is good , and my case is all done, just they have to finish that one thing.
i know that it is probably going to take till monday , or thuesday next week, because they probably waiting on the US attorney in charge of my case, who is on vaccation till th 19th, but after that i think it is over.
so just wish me good luck, this stuff you cant be sure off untill you have it in your hands.

Hang in. You are almost there.

mohamedmohamed said:
i went to the district office today, and i asked for the officer who interviewed me(by the way he is really nice guy
i said am here to see you, he said for what?, i introduced myself, then he toldme( he was smiling) you have been comming here every other days, just go and have a good time , i told him it is hard to have a good time when you have been waiting 3 years.
then he said i think i rememebr you file, and left for a few mins, when he got back, he said,everythign turns out good, yur 2nd fingerprints is good too,i finished reviewing your file yesterday, and gave to the my boss, the DO director, her have to write a reports to the court and then we will mail your approval notice.
i told him i am ready to dismiss the case as soon as my case is approved, but he said they still have to do that, so i asked him how long it is going to take,he told me , probably a few days, i asked him again, and he confirmed to me that everything is good , and my case is all done, just they have to finish that one thing.
i know that it is probably going to take till monday , or thuesday next week, because they probably waiting on the US attorney in charge of my case, who is on vaccation till th 19th, but after that i think it is over.
so just wish me good luck, this stuff you cant be sure off untill you have it in your hands.

Met district attorney today

greencard12 said:
Hi,

As described in my previous posts, I filed WOM for my I485 cases in April 2006. I talked to DA who handled my case about one month ago. He mentioned he would file the motion to dismiss the case for lack of subject matter jurisdiction.

I talked to him today again. He actually showed a lot of sympathy on me. He mentioned to me that he does not have the authority to request expedite name check. The actual case was handled by USCIS lawyer and he is only following the lawyer's instruction. This sounds strange to me because I never heard that from any of your experience. Anyway, he agreed to meet with me tomorrow physically in his office. He also asked me to bring the USCIS memo regarding the expedite name check guideline. He even said he will show me the motion he will file to the court.

I feel tomorrow's meeting may help me persuade him to request expedite name check. Guys, what else do you think I should bring to the table tomorrow?

I met him today in his office. He felt surprised to know that USCIS can request expedite name check result when he saw the document of USCIS memo regarding name check expedite criteria ( I did not include it in my original complaint, which could be a mistake). He was nice. He originally planned to file the motion to dismiss. But after the meeting today, he said he
learned the story of the other side. He also said he "will talk to the lawyer in USCIS to ask them more questions and may take different approach to my case". Do you guys think it is a good sign?

NC initiated April 2003
WOM filed April 2006
NC Cleared ?
GC ?

mohamedmohamed said:

Good Luck Mohemad! Hopefully just few more days!

Best Regards

kabi24 said:
This is what i would do: keep on calling and emailing the AUSA every once in a while to inquire about your case. you might also want to take an infopass appt just for the heck of it, you might want to take a copy of your letter with you in case they tell you it's still pending.
The way i see it, they have 3 months to figure it out. so i will give them 3 months.

This is my question, is it appropriate to contact USCIS (via InfoPass or letter) after one files lawsuit? Earlier on I remember seeing a post which stated that only interact with the Attorney assigned to your case.

Best Regards