Anyone with 01/09/02 RFE response recvd by INS or earlier still waiting

nsc1000

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am wondering if there is anyone who RFE was received by INS on or before or around 01/09/02 and is still waiting for approval.

My RFE was received on 01/09/02 by INS per the AVM, but have not been approved, and I am wondering if I am the only waiting for approval for over 7 weeks after RFE was received as everyone else seems to be getting approval within 4 weeks.

Please respond if it has been longer than 5 WEEKS since your RFE had been RRECEIVED by INS and you have not heard anything from INS and lets try to track it.

My RFE was for BC, so I thought it was not anything major. We had submitted BC, but in my case it was from the hospital and in my wife\'s case it was not issued at Birthtime due to which they asked for Affidavits.

Other details
RD 10/13/00
ND 11/06/00
EB3 Others

No Title

My RFE was received in April 2001 by INS. Then they issued me a second one in Jan 2002. I am still waiting. I know someone has been waiting for approval for more than 300 even after they sent the RFE on time to INS.

I have an RFE(AVM) date of 01/09/02

I also have been waiting same time as of you.
I have called an IIO recently and they have told me that it might take another 6 months depending on whether I get another RFE.

No Title

I also have been waiting same time as of you.
I have called an IIO recently and they have told me that it might take another 6 months depending on whether I get another RFE.

Thanks for the info- canediann

Thanks canediann... for the info.. it is weird that both us have 1/09/02.. I wonder if it is issued by the same IIO and something happened to him/her or something like that... as almost everyone seems to get approved within 4 weeks, except exceptional cases like CUHK.. and I am afraid of becoming a case like that.

Lets keep in touch about each other\'s situation.

Also, any other waiting for more 5-6 weeks.

Please post your details.

Thanks

Re: I have an RFE(AVM) date of 01/09/02

Also, I was wondering if you could share a little information.

What was your RFE about

What is your country and category

Your name is canediann, so I am wondering if your country is Canada or are you a Canadian resident?

Thanks
nsc1000

RFE Information

485 ND: 10th December, 2000
RFE received(AVM): 9th january
RFE is about non-immigrant history and wife\'s birth certificate.
Canadian citizen but born in india.
so, country is India, EB3.

CUHK details

PD 12/98
ND 10/99
RD 11/99
FP 11/00
RFE # 1 3/01 (birth cert, re-do medical exam)
RFE received by INS 4/01
RFE # 2 1/02 (pay stub, marriage cert)
FP # 2 2/02
March 6, 2002..... my case is transfered to local INS office in Seattle. I really don\'t know what is happening. All I can do is pray...... I haven\'t known anyone who has a case that takes longer than mine.

Di you evertalk to IIO? If yes what was their response regarding the delay.

What is your attorney saying?
Was there any complication in your case as RFE #1 and RFE#2 has taken a long time..
This sure has taken a long time. I hope you\'ll get the GC soon.

Please Confirm the ND and RD

CUHK, first, why your ND is earlier then RD? Second, are your sure your RD/ND is 99 not 2000

Confirm

Sorry, RD is 10/99. ND is 11/99.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen. RD and ND are both in 1999, one year before the mellenium.
In RFE # 1, they wanted a birth cert issued by a civil authorities. The hospital one is not enough. Also, they said they couldn\'t read my medical exam report. So, I had to re-do the exam.
In RFE # 2, that is almost one year after they received my REF # 1 response, they wanted me to send them a marriage cert. that I had sent them 3 years ago. They also wanted a company letter to make sure I am still working for the same company. After they issued RFE # 2, they all of a sudden sent me a fingerprint notice because they said my fingerprint has expired in one year. So, I did. Now, they have RFE #1, RFE #2, Medical exam #1 and #2, fingerprint #1 and #2. Finally they transferred my case to Seattle INS. It\'s been two and a half years for me in I-485 stage.

My lawyer told me that it is a good thing to have my case transfer to local INS because we can deal with them directly. My case will not be bounced back and forth with RFE #1 #2 or even #3. My lawyer told me that my case is clean and should get approved when I go to the interview in Seattle. I hope she is right. Guys, be patient in I-485. I hope no one has to wait that long like me. Please pray for me too.

nsc1000

is your rd nd for i-485 in October/Nov 2001? what is your EB category? this looks awefully fast to receive an rfe (less than 2 months)! please verify.

RD/ND is Oct/Nov 2000 NOT 2001

My original message has 2000 as the year.. I am not sure where you saw 2001.