Anyone who's filed for FOIPA and not received?

shopgirl

Registered Users (C)
I did a FOIPA request in December 2007 and I still have not received any response to date 2/16/08. I did my fingerprints a year ago and I supposed they expired already. Still no Interview letter after a year... this is just frustrating :mad::confused::eek::(

I filed FOIPA last november and i have received a letter indicated the case number. A month later, i called the center and i believe is located in MO state and i have been told it will take 2 years to get my file due to the BACKLOG hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahha

can you believe that?

I will be waiting for 2 years

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a FOIPA request in December 2007 and I still have not received any response to date 2/16/08. I did my fingerprints a year ago and I supposed they expired already. Still no Interview letter after a year... this is just frustrating :mad::confused::eek::(

I filed my FOIA on GC file in month of January 2007 and recieved a letter after three months with reciept number and I called number they gave they said it will take atleast 18 months to two years. After that I totally forgot about that called again in august before I file for my citizenship and they said it will be atleast one more year. :)

Is there any advantage in filing for FOIPA or is is just for our "peace of mind"...will FOIPA be useful for us to actually take any action? Please explain.

Is there any advantage in filing for FOIPA or is is just for our "peace of mind"...will FOIPA be useful for us to actually take any action? Please explain.

My intention was to have my complete faile with me from USCIS before I went for interview thats all.

+Shopgirld- Please don't waste time doing FIOPA, start writting letters. It works, at least it worked for me when some are saying it doesn't. Write to your senator, congress person, 1st Lady and VP. Ask for their help. They listen more to the later two. They can be very helpful in speeding up your case.

I read in this forum that FOIPA helps and that's why I did it. It was a simple procedure (print, complete and mail). and I know some uers got response in 2 weeks! Anyways, I don't have too much hope on this FOIPA. My feeling is naturalization is now taking at least 2 years... so I guess another year to go!

If I understand well, 2 forms of FOIPA exits.
How to get both, the one from USCIS and FBI
thanks for providing the links