Anyone went with non-availability +2 affidavits and had a successful CP? Pls. post

u_me

Registered Users (C)
Also, were you born after 1970?
I\'m especially interested in Chennai consulate \'cos that\'s where
I\'m going.

Thank you very much for your time

u_me

I did,

u_me,

I did during my interview in January at Chennai Consulate. Be prepared to take another copy for proof of birth(like your TC or mark sheets). They asked me(in addition to affidavit of Supports and non-availability certificate) and I gave my TC copy

JayS

JayS :One more question .. were you born after 1970 (I was) and

according to messages in this forum,this is an issue with those who were born after 1970 ?

thanks,
u_me

I have 2 affidavits and school leaving

School leaving has DOB and place of birth. I did not get non availability cert. I am born before 1970 and consulate is Mumbai. My lawyer told me docs I have are fine.

Any comments?

Cpers: don\'t mean to confue you -but the faq in Chennai consulate

website says you have to have a government issued certificate
- in our cases, at least the non-availability (if not the
orginal registration). Non-availability is fairly easy to get
-please check Mumbai\'s FAQ. (better to take School leaving
certificate as well for additional proof)

thanks,
u_me

I was born 1973,

for anyone(for whom no birth certificate is available), its advisible to go with non-availability plus the 2 affidavits from the parents and the school/college certificate copy are necessary

JayS

I am a little confused!!

Hi,
  In this forum I read that if you are born after 1970 there is an issue with CP.My wife was born after 1970.Can somebody tell me what exactly is the problem?

Thanks in Advance

cpindia : According to the postings in this forum, they say that u have to have a

birth certificate or at least have it registered now.The other option for those who do not have their birth registered is to get a non-avalability certificate from municipality and get 2 affidavists from parents (check Chennai consulate faq for more details).Now if ur wife
has a birth certificate, she is fine .the confusion is if she does not
-when I eamiled the consulate reg this issue(i do not have BC)-they simply cut and paste the faq from their site. hope this helps.

u_me

what if Muncipal corporation don\'t ...

.... issue non-availability certificate .... they said they had some issues before, so they stopped issueing the certificates .... what now???? I have school leaving and SSC certificate

Thanks!!

Thanks for the reply I wanted to know if I was in any kind of trouble as my wife was born after 1970.That releived me!!

Thanks