Anyone waiting to get interview from PORTLAND, OR??

GC_portlander

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

Anyone waiting for the interview letter from PORTLAND, OR after your case has been transferred to PORTLAND, OR?

Or, if your case has been approved, after it is being transfer to the above local INS office, I would like to know how long does it took for you to get the interview letter from this local INS office?

Anyone in Oregon State whose case was transferred to PORTLAND, OR either still pending or APPROVED? Can you post your experience please?

Thanks and Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got the second FP...

It's been quiet for more than 2 months after my case transferred to local INS and all of a sudden some movement again :eek:. Got 2nd FP for me and my wife in mail yesterday.

LUD was changed on 8/3,8/4,8/5,8/6. FP was scheduled for 9/9/2004 and we went ahead today (8/)7 to ASC, PORTLAND and completed it. Took roughly 15 minutes to complete the entire process.

Again the waiting game for the next phase started. :D

Regards,

Interview at portland office

Hi Chava -- Yes - am also waiting for interview at the portland office - let me know when you get your's scheduled.
Thanks.

**********Approved************Feb '02, local Transfer, no RFE/INTERVIEW....

Finally after a long wait (almost 30 months sisce I485 filing date) my case and my wife's cases were approved yesterday. I received an email right after 12:00 pm from USCIS saying that both of our cases were approved. Secod FP was scheduled on 9/9/04 but we did early FP on 8/7/04. What a relief.

As the cases were transferred to local, we were actually waiting for RFE/INTERVIEW letter from local INS, but they really surprised us by approving our cases. Looks like, our cases might be one of the random cases they send to local office to reduce the backlog i guess.

I changed company after 180 days and didn't inform USCIS about it. I have changed my name on SSN card also recently. My name was printed wrong on the SSN card (first name as middle name n middle name as first name). I got the SSN card a month back.

Sent few faxes/emails to USCIS, senators and senator contacted CSC after that they transferred our case to local INS office.

This forum is really a great place to share our views and information and I would like to thank Ragiv for providing this portal to immigration community. I would also like to thank Kashmir, I140_takes_forever for their help n effort to support our community and to reduce the backlog. I would also thank the other member of the portal and I wish a speedy approval for everyone of you.

--Regards,

Chava -- Yes i did complete 2nd FP a few weeks ago - case was transferrred to Portland a couple of days ago.
Is there any way to expedite getting an appt for an interview?
Thanks.

Thanks dumbo1974. I have contacted the local congress man in May time frame and after that the case was transferred to local INS office.

The congraessman assistant called up this morning and told me about the approval news. I think they might have definitly posed some force in getting my case to a conclusion.

What are your case details? ND/RD/EB?/2nd FPdate etc...

Send emails to local senator and see it that helps to speed up the process.

--Regards.

Last edited by a moderator: