Anyone used AP in Madras Airport or any other Airports please?

vinayak_vn

Registered Users (C)
If so, could you please share your experience with me. I will be going to India next month and will be using AP to come back to US.
Thanks
-Mog

Used AP in Chennai

No Problems if immigration guy asks for stamp in passport tell him u have Ap, I haven\'t even shown mine to them

thanks milli. see my questions please?

could you please share your experience with me please ?

Did you use AP at the immigration counter instead of US visa? Did they ask you anything else? My H1 visa got expired and i have the valid H1 extension papers but don\'t wanna go for stamping since i have a valid AP (also my attorney recommended to use AP).

did you hand over the AP copies to the airline agent?

Or anything i should be aware you would be nice too!

Please advise!

Thanks
-Mog

Used AP in Chennai

No Problems if immigration guy asks for stamp in passport tell him u have Ap, I haven\'t even shown mine to them

Here is my experience

I was in the same boat when I traveled last time. Had an expired H1B visa but a valid H1 extension papers but opted to use my AP. But I had at least 3 expired H1B visa stamps and a couple of other visa stamps(different countries) in my passport. It\'s always hard for a person to look for the correct visa stamp in my passport.

Madras airport:

The person at the airline never bothered to ask anything as it was an Indian airlines flight to Singapore. May be he took one of my expired H1B visa stamps in my passport as a valid one.

At the Immigration(India) couter, the guy was smart to find all my visa stamps were expired and asked how was I going to US with out a visa. Then I showed him my AP document. He looked at it and gave it back to me.

At Singapore airport:

I had to check in again as the connecting flight was cathay pacific. Even here the airline person never bothered to ask me anything may be he also took one of my expired H1B visas as a valid one.

Hope it helps you. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions. Have a safe trip.

thanks milli and crwaiter

thanks a bunch for the info. feeling much better now. you guys have a great day!

Thanks again
-mog :)