Anyone tried USCIS new Phone service from today.

jish

Registered Users (C)
It was a bit amazing for me to call NSC-1800 number and found that waiting time to speak to a CS representative was literally 2 secs.
I tried again for my spouse's case again it was nearly for a sec !!!!
Also they changed their menu options and added new features.
Doubtful ->Don't know how knowledgeable are those reps, if they have more inside info abt our case other than the online status, its worth a try.

Well, let me explain as a 5 yr old, if you haven't explored their phone system . :D
If you are english speaker
Press 1.
Press 2.
In my case i wanted to check the status of RFE so,
Pressed 4.

If you wait in the line for few seconds, someone will answer your call.
Also, donot forget to follow the prompts. (improved performance !!!!, no more waiting for a rep in excess of 20+ mins).Looks USCIS/DHS is on a hiring spree. :)
Note: There are other options to speak to a rep, i used the options which best suited me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks !

jish said:
Well, let me explain as a 5 yr old, if you haven't explored their phone system . :D
If you are english speaker
Press 1.
Press 2.
In my case i wanted to check the status of RFE so,
Pressed 4.

If you wait in the line for few seconds, someone will answer your call.
Also, donot forget to follow the prompts. (improved performance !!!!, no more waiting for a rep in excess of 20+ mins).Looks USCIS/DHS is on a hiring spree. :)
Note: There are other options to speak to a rep, i used the options which best suited me.

Thanks to you I can read and follow instructions :D Well...got through to the rep.
Plus points for faster responses
Minus points for hiring people who can read because she told me exactly what I saw online !
So much for hiring spree !

Thanks for pointing that out. I had this disclaimer in my first post.
"Doubtful ->Don't know how knowledgeable are those reps, if they have more inside info abt our case other than the online status, its worth a try.
"

Rarely when insisted, they transfer you to a immigration officer.

sharpieterk said:
So much for hiring spree !

it is credit for government by reduction of umployment rate but not reduction in backlog cases of immigration?(with your increased filing fee?!)

jish said:
Thanks for pointing that out. I had this disclaimer in my first post.
"Doubtful ->Don't know how knowledgeable are those reps, if they have more inside info abt our case other than the online status, its worth a try.
"

Rarely when insisted, they transfer you to a immigration officer.

She did mention that if there are no responses to any kind on your case after 3 inquiries, at that point they will let you talk to an officer. The caveat is that we don't know what the officer will tell us. An inquiry in her definition is an electronic request sent to the service center requesting more information and is supposed to be answered in 30 days or less.

hmmm..

looks like they outsourced the call center to bangalore...:) otherwise how can they hire more people..??? wait till Lou Dobbs gets a wind of this......