Anyone travelling soon on I551 stamp

Bindaas

Registered Users (C)
Just wanted to see how many people are in the same boat as me, I will be travelling soon using I551 stamp even after listning all this news of I551 phase out.
Do you guys care ??

I will be asking the same question in almost all different forums..

Bindaas said:
Just wanted to see how many people are in the same boat as me, I will be travelling soon using I551 stamp even after listning all this news of I551 phase out.
Do you guys care ??

I will be asking the same question in almost all different forums..

I saw in one of yesterday's message that USCIS is not implementing phase out for now. So i guess you can leave and enter country "bindaas" bhidu !

I dont think u'll face any issue if u have ur pp stamped. Its only purpose is to
grant you entry and allow u to legally work.

???????????

:rolleyes: Based upon below.... what do you guys think they'll do starting from November if USCIS does end up ruling out the stamp? Do we have to wait for our cards to get permanet residancy? It does not make sense, because we surrender our AP/EAD at the time of stamping? Unless USCIS plans to Issue Green Cards on the spot?

NewsFlash! I-551 Stamps Expected to Continue for Now
Posted Oct 19, 2004
©MurthyDotCom
There has been a further update regarding I-551 temporary evidence of permanent residence stamps. We received information from AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) after close of business on October 19, 2004, stating that the USCIS has advised that they will continue to issue temporary I-551 stamps. The USCIS had announced on Friday, October 15, that the stamps would be phased out later in the month. [This earlier NewsFlash is available on MurthyDotCom.] This caused a great deal of alarm. The stamps are used as proof of permanent resident status for all purposes, including work and travel, after an application for permanent residence has been approved, but before the plastic "green" card is received by mail.
©MurthyDotCom
It is not clear whether this is represents a permanent policy, or if we will experience more fluctuation in this area. Written confirmation from USCIS regarding this change is expected in a few days. We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy continue to monitor this very closely for our readers and will update MurthyDotCom when any more information becomes available.

I551 stamp should be enough for travelling

I551 stamp should be enough for travelling for now (including November). I am planning to travel abroad next month with I551 stamp. As a client, I clarified this with law office of Sheela murthy.

RVG said:
I551 stamp should be enough for travelling for now (including November). I am planning to travel abroad next month with I551 stamp. As a client, I clarified this with law office of Sheela murthy.

Thanks guys for yr comments.. Any more comments ???

Am going for PP stamp next week, and plan to travel out of the country in November. I don't expect any issues, and will make plans accordingly.

If USCIS is going to change the I-551 policy, I expect there will be something in place to take account of a transition period of going from stamp to card only.

Don't ask me why I have such belief in logical behavior by USCIS. Maybe a reflection of wishful thinking based on a strong desire to travel. ;)

laptop said:
Am going for PP stamp next week, and plan to travel out of the country in November. I don't expect any issues, and will make plans accordingly.

If USCIS is going to change the I-551 policy, I expect there will be something in place to take account of a transition period of going from stamp to card only.

Don't ask me why I have such belief in logical behavior by USCIS. Maybe a reflection of wishful thinking based on a strong desire to travel. ;)

You guys make me feel happy!!! Now I think, I can also travel happily. I will not be the only one :D