Anyone travelled after passport stamping

tpp_1

Registered Users (C)
Hello all.

Has anyone travelled to India via PARIS, or FRANKFORT recently after the passport stamping (using AIR INDIA).

I would like to know if it requires any transit visa. Our passports are stamped and did not receive the cards yet, But we are planning to travel with just stamping.

What is the best route to travel in case if we require to obtain transit visa, or if we can travel through some route where we don't require any transit visa.

Please let me know and thanks in advance.

Thanks,
tp

CrossCheck my info

Guys, My son and I travelled via Franfurt by Lufthansa, in 2000. I had a H-1 visa then and did not require a transit visa. The lay over was a few hours. I think the GC stamp should be O.K as long as it is still valid!!! and as long as the travel is for less than a year.

Guys,
One of my very close friends just came back from India , and he did travel Air india , and he too had only the stamping on his passport , he is not in today , but i am sure he did not face any problem , so Enjoy your trip back home ......

i have not travelled but am planning to in April.
I sent am email to atlanta French consulat As per the reply
I received I am ok to travel and dont need visa as long as I
have confirmed tickets and stay in the tranit area.
Hope that helps.
I will carry a print out of the email with me.

Has anybody post their experience if they have travelled to India via Amsterdam with just the stamp? Is it safe that route?

tscnd,

Can you post the reply from the frech consulate (atlanta) here. I got a different answer from them. They said (atlanta frech consulate), I need transit visa. so I am planning to go there and get one before my travel.

Thanks,
tpp_1

Hi,
I am posting the relevant portion reg. transit visas in Paris from the French consulate. From what it says it looks like i do not need a transit visa, planning to call them and confirm becos i am leaving for India(passport GC stamped) in 2 weeks

French Consulate:::
1 - GENERAL INFORMATION AIRPORT TRANSIT VISAS :

You do not need an airport transit visa unless you are holder of a passport or a refugee travel document issued by one of the following countries:

Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Bengladesh, Burkina Faso (*), Cameroon (*) Rep.of Congo, Erythrée, Ethiopia, Gambia (*), Ghana, Guinea,(*) Haïti, India (*), Irak, Iran, Ivory Coast (*), Liberia, Libya, Mali (*), Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal (*), Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria(*), and Palestinians holders of a travel document for refugee which has been issued by Egypt, Lebanon or Syria.

However, no airport transit visa is required if the citizens of the above-mentioned countries have a "refugee travel document", an "alien residency card", or a "permit to reenter" (Form I-327 rev: 06-13-96) issued by the USA, or a permanent visa in either of the countries of the European Union, or a residence permit in Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Monaco, Andorra, the Holy See, San Marino, Canada or Japan. This document should authorize you to re-enter the mentioned country without conditions.
For citizens of the countries followed by the sign (*), the airport transit visa is not required, if they are holders of a valid visa issued by a country of the European Union and EEE (Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway Portugal, Spain, The United-Kingdom, and Sweden), Canada, Switzerland and the USA.

Here is what I got

You don't need a visa if you have CONFIRMED tickets and stay in the international zone of the airport.

Sincerely,

Visa Department
----- Original Message -----
To: <info@consulfrance-atlanta.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 9:16 AM
Subject: Transit Visa

> I am a Indian Passport holder and I have a I-551 (temporary evidence of Green card) stamped in my passport. I will be traveling thru Paris to India.
> Do I need a Transit Visa ?
> Thank You
>
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx