anyone traveled to india recently with AP Need info please

senmano

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I am traveling to india next week and i have AP.
What are the other documents i need to take I485, EAD....etc?

Thanks in advance

No Title

Important documents are 485 (Orginal better), AP (take enough photo copies),EAD etc.
If your visa in the passport is expired, take everything to prove that you maintained status while in US. I had a problem at the flight gate (not in US). I had to show them my previous approvals of H1 & J1 etc to show them I maintained my status in US. I didn\'t have any problem at port of entry in US.

Airlines copy?

Do we have to surrender an original to the airlines? (www.immihelp.com says we have to). I have 3 origianls, all are identical, and they all have a photo scanned.

Thanks.

My wife recently came back using AP

My wife returned from India on June 14 using AP. Her AP (mine also) had 3 sheets, two with photograph and one without. At Zurich, airline officials took away the one without the photo.

At the port of entry in the US, the immigration officer was unhappy that they took away one of the AP sheets (in his opinion they should not have). He advised my wife not to do that next time and stamped the AP/I94 and let her through. Did not check or request any document other than AP and passport.

Incidentally, the AP was expiring in September, but the new stamp on I94 is valid for another year i.e. until June 2003.