anyone transferred to Pittsburgh?

Hey 485-1101,
Welcome to the club! My lawyer said it will take them 3-4 months to schedule an interview. My case got transferred on 15th may, so over 3 months have already passed, and frankly speaking I'll be surprised if I hear anything from the Pittsburgh office by the end of this year. When did your case get transferred? Do you know why?
Take care.
Simo

Last edited by a moderator:
Transfered This week

My case was transfered this week, I am not sure what was the cause which triggered the transfer. I am little worried about why my case is transfered to local office. Do we get any letter from VSC after the case is transfered to local office.

What was the reason on your case?

Thanks for your response.

My lawyer got a notice from VSC about the transfer. My case got transferred because of fingerprinting issues. The FBI rejected my fingerprints as unclassifiable, and the the local office asked me to submit police clearance certificates.
Simo

Nov27-01/Simo

Nov27-01 Or Simo

Any progress in your cases....

Did you got any correspondence from Local office. If so how much time it took from the date VSC sent your application to local office.

thanks

Nov27-01 and 485-1101,
I got the interview letter - the interview will be in the 2nd week of october.

Thanks for your update

Simo

Good Luck....

Please update after your interview....

How much time it took for you to get an interview letter? Is this first communication from local office?

Thanks

Please share your experiences after the interview

Simo

Please share your experiences after the interview.

Good Luck in the interview.

Thanks in advance

Hi 485-1101,
The interview was today. It went very well. Now I am the proud owner of a stamping on my passport. The INS officer was a very nice person. He just asked me a few standard questions , looked at my passport, I -94, employment letter etc. It was over in less then 10 mins.

Thanks everyone, this is a very wonderful - informative forum.
Good luck!

Congrats

Hi Simo

Congrats...

Can you tell me did you took your attorney with you or you went alone.

Did he mentioned any reason why the case was transfered to local office.

Thanks for your update.