anyone transferred to Pittsburgh?

Nov27-01

Registered Users (C)
Has any of you been transferred to Pittsburgh? Looks like very few cases are transferred to Pitt? Is that true?

pittsburgh - transfer

Today my online status changed to :

On May 15, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in PITTSBURGH, PA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in PITTSBURGH, PA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the NCSC at (800) 375-5283

Can anyone with a similar experience in pittsburgh tell me how long it will take them to schedule the interview. My RD is 12/26/2001. No job change.

Nov27_01 - Have you received your interview letter?

Thanks.

Simo, I have not received the interview letter; in fact, I received
a request for second FP. I was told by an officer from local office in Pitt that I should wait a couple of months (3 or so).

Let's keep exchanging some info as how the things progress in Pitt. Nov27-01.

pittsburgh

Nov27-01,
I've already given my fingerprints twice. The first time was early april 2001, and within a couple of weeks I had received a notice from them, and had gone for fingerprinting again. When did you receive your second notice? Also, other than this online status change, have you received anything from BCIS telling you that the case has been transferred? Yes, lets keep in touch. It is a little reassuring to know that someone else is also in the same boat as I am. Do you know if we can call the Pittsburgh office and request them to give us an early interview date. I work in downtown pittsburgh and can easily walk to the office, but my friend told me that they would not let me enter the building without proper authorisation.
Simo

Simo,

1. When did you receive your second notice? Also, other than this online status change, have you received anything from BCIS telling you that the case has been transferred?

A1. I received a short letter from VSC and one from the local service about the end of April '03 saying that my file was transferred to PITT.

2. Do you know if we can call the Pittsburgh office and request them to give us an early interview date. I work in downtown pittsburgh and can easily walk to the office, but my friend told me that they would not let me enter the building without proper authorisation.

A2. I was not able to to call them since there was no phone number available. I went on Monday (this week) in person to the office and ask some questions. I have not asked whether we can ask for an earlier interview, but I asked for a similar question, namely, if the files that are trabsferred from Vermont receive some priority since they have been there for a while. The answer was vague and somehow implied that indeed we have to wait for a few months.

Since you are in PITT, it wouldnt heart to visit them (perhaps not too often) and ask that question if possible to request an erlier interview. If there are more transferees in similar situation, the Pitt office might consider that indeed they should process the transferred files first.

You need to have a piture ID when you want to visit the local office (lacated in the Federal Bldg, Room 314.

What are your RD and ND. From where did you get the notice to redo the FP, Vermont or Local office in PITT?

Let's keep in touch.

Nov27-01

Nov27-01,

RD 12/26/2001
ND 01/08/2002

First FP was on 04/03/2002 and second on 04/19/2002. I don't remember who sent me the notice, and I dont have the letter because they took it from me when I went for my second FP. I have a feeling that in my case it might be a FP issue, because I have very faint lines, and they had to redo some of the fingers several times before they could get clear prints.
I am waiting to hear from my lawyer, I'll let you know what she has to say. Maybe I will go the BCIS office sometime next week.
Another twist to my case is that my EAD expires on 08/16/2003. I was planning on filing for renewal by next week, now I don't know what to do.
We should definitely keep in touch. If you like we can exchange email ids on PM.
Simo

P.S Is it already 3-4 weeks since your online status changed, and you have still not heard anything about the interview??
Also, if you take your FP letter you can go anytime to the BCIS office on 9th and Penn and get your FP done, you don't need to wait for the date specified on the notice. For both my FPs I had gone earlier than the date on the notice.

Sime,

Please let me know what you find out after you visit the local office in Pitt, especialy, whether they are going to give some additional attention to the transferred files.

Keep in touch,

Nov27-01

Nov27-01,

This is what my lawyer has to say :

Do not worry about being selected for an interview. It is probably just a formality. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do until the Pittsburgh office notifies us of your interview date. We just have to wait patiently until they contact us!
-------------
I'll let you know if i find out anything.
Take care
Simo

Simo,

My lawyer says the same, but I wonder whetherwe have the same lawyer or not. Is your lawyer located in Wexford?

Waiting to get your answer after you visit the local office.

Nov27-01

My lawyer is in downtown Pittsburgh. I'm waiting to get a letter from either VSC or the pittsburgh office before I go to the office.

Simo,

I dont have any news from Pitt yet. Do you?

I guess that since you already have some info that your file was transferred to Pitt, you can go to the local office and say that you just wanted to see whether your file "arrived well" at their office.
It's quite a legimate reason to visit the office. That's what I did.

The link you provided earlier leads to the local offices in the country, but there is no phone number for the office in Pitt. There are some, but they are for different purposes.

I think that if more people that were transferred to Pitt will voice their concern that they have to stay in line with all applicants that send the application directly to the local office, then they might consider to give priority to the transferees.

Let's keep in touch.

Nov27-01

PS: to jigesh: mine is EB too.

Nov27-01,
Got the letter today. This is what it says :

The FBI rejected your fingerprints as unclassifiable. Bring ORIGINAL police clearances from each jurisdiction, city, or town in which you have lived since 1997. You can get these clearances from the local police department in each of these cities or towns. For each and every incident in which you may have been involved, please bring ORIGINALS or CERTIFIED copies of all arrest records and court dispositions showing how each incident was resolved. Failure to disclose any and all arrests may result in the denial of your application.

Now I need to figure out how to get the police clearance. At least the suspence of when I would get scheduled for the interview is over.

Simo

Can you please share your information

What is your ND?
When did it got transfered to Local Office?
How much time it took to get interview notice?

My case is ND also from Pittsburgh, just want to know how much time it takes if a case is transfered to local office.

Thanks in advance.

485-1101 ,

What is your ND?
01/08/2002

When did it got transfered to Local Office?
05/15/2003

How much time it took to get interview notice?
I have not received an interview notice. I have received a notice asking me to get police clearance from every city where I have lived since 1997.

Thanks

Hi Simo

thanks for the information, Can I ask you one more question, is it common to get the police clearance statements for all the transfered cases?

I am asking all these q? to be prepared if my case gets transfered to local office.

Hope you gets your interview soon, I heard it takes around 3 months to get interview notice from Pittsburgh local office. Is it true?

Thanks for sharing your info.... Good luck