Anyone: This case has been sent to another office for processing

kooldog

Registered Users (C)
I got the following email today:

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On February 7, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.....

I have not changed my California address. Anyone in the same boat or knows why would I be transferred?

I appreciate your help.

kooldog said:

On February 7, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.....

I have not changed my California address. Anyone in the same boat or knows why would I be transferred?

I appreciate your help.
A friend of mine got transferred from VSC to TSC, last mo. She took INFOPASS in Boston and was told that her case is stucked with FBI checks. She didn`t move from her place, nether. Her PD: 30APR01[245-i].
RD: OCT04

Last edited by a moderator:
jhawilla said:
A friend of mine got transferred from VSC to TSC, last mo. She took INFOPASS in Boston and was told that her case is stucked with FBI checks. She didn`t move from her place, nether. Her PD: 30APR01[245-i].

thanks! I will get an infopass too, lets see...
I found an article on murthy which might be relevant to transfers:
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_begbis.html

Kooldog,
Both me and my wife got the same email as you today, we haven't changed our CA address either.
Wondering what's going on? :confused:

kooldog said:

I appreciate your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
maverick13 said:
Kooldog,
Both me and my wife got the same email as you today, we haven't changed our CA address either.
Wondering what's going on? :confused:

I talked to my lawyer and he said USCIS is centralizing the I-485 adjucation process to two service center and one of them is Nebraska. I am not sure why it has happened to only few. Lets keep each other posted.

I140 - filed Aug 2003
I140 - approved Aug 2005
I485 - filed Sep 2005...waiting game (no priority dates)

In the same boat - transferred to Lincoln NE

Status updated today as case transferred to Lincoln NE - anyone knows what they ask at the info pass appointment?
thx

I485 transferred to LINCOLN, NE location

Yuck! I've got same email for all my family members!!!
I've no better knowledge than you all.
No change in address.
I140 was apprvoved way back in Mar'05.
FBI has liked my name so i m stuck...meanwhile thinking about changing my name:)
--
Anyway now i'll make more rounds of this forum so please update with any relevant information.
Thank you folks.

I got the same status update today.
My PD is Jan 21st 2003 - EB2 India.
Before retrigression the status was name FBI check pending. Never got any status update after that...

I just got this email

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On February 8, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LINCOLN, NE location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

exactly same

I got the exatly same email for my family members. Anybody know what's happening? Thanks.

rx400h said:
I just got this email

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On February 8, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LINCOLN, NE location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Got transfer notice in mail

I got my transfer notice in mail. It says "your case has been transferred to NE, Lincoln to speed up processing....." I guess its good but I am not sure how much it will speed up :)

Let us try to find some pattern to these transfers to NE location

It seems we all are still clueless as to why some of the I485 cases got transferred to some other NE location.
Obviously these are small number of cases. Are these transfers only from CA? Are these cases lucky ones? Are these the onese that are waiting for a longer time? Are these the ones stuck in Name Check? ...to get some idea on these it would be helpful if we try to establish some kind of pattern from the guys who got this transfer message.
--
Let us all post our case details to see if we can find any pattern to this transfers.
Mine is:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
PD: Oct-03, Category: EB2
I140: RD - Oct-04, AD - Mar-05
I140: RD - Oct-04, AD - ???-??
Service Center: Laguna Niguesl, CA
Current Status: "Stuck in Name Check", Also "Retrogressed"

Has anyone with Name check cleared got this status update ?

In my case, before retrogression my case was stuck in name check. My attorneys won't enquire untill PD is current. My PD is Jan 21st 2003 (EB2 India)

PD not going current any time soon...

I'm not sure why mine got transferred, my PD is Aug 2005 and I guess they are currently processing appns with PD of Jan 2003 for India (EB-2), so there's no way they will even get to my appn for the next few yrs! :(
I'm not sure if I am stuck in name check or not (not that it matters right now anyways). Is there any way to find that out for sure?

Endless_Wait said:
It seems we all are still clueless as to why some of the I485 cases got transferred to some other NE location.
Obviously these are small number of cases. Are these transfers only from CA? Are these cases lucky ones? Are these the onese that are waiting for a longer time? Are these the ones stuck in Name Check? ...to get some idea on these it would be helpful if we try to establish some kind of pattern from the guys who got this transfer message.
--
Let us all post our case details to see if we can find any pattern to this transfers.
Mine is:
PD: Oct-03, Category: EB2
I140: RD - Oct-04, AD - Mar-05
I140: RD - Oct-04, AD - ???-??
Service Center: Laguna Niguesl, CA
Current Status: "Stuck in Name Check", Also "Retrogressed"

Another update to my case status

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that was transferred to our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location is now pending there. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Hi All,

I got e-mails for me and family saying that 'APPLICATION TRANSFERED to LINCON, NE'. Is there any common criteria to transfer these cases.

Thanks.

---------------------
PD : 11/09/2001
EB3, INDIA

Transferred to Lincoln NE

I just got an email yesterday saying my case is transferred to Lincoln ,NE. I am in Arizona and have not moved. I have been here for 6 years. I dont know whats going on.
Does anyone have more information.

I got the same transfered to Lincoln, NE for myself and my wife too.

now its long wait........

dice12