Anyone seen this message?

hakoonamataata

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone see this as their online status message (may be with a different date):
"On March 25, 2004, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review."

Until yesterday, the message was something like "We sent a notice for you to appear for FP. .... etc." even though I appeared for FP way back in March.

What review are they talking about? Anything to be concerned about?

Any inputs are welcome.

Thanks.

I have exactly the same message "pending review... bla bla bla" for a long time,,,,,, I mean after I went for FP on Dec 1, 2003. Than, my case date status changed in March 2004, but no aproval of my I485.

My guess is that is OK,,,,, now we have to wait for I485 to get aproved.....

Iunie :)

Nothing to worry about,this is a common message,they are saying they received your fingerprint results.Best of luck

hakoonamataata,
my online status never changed after FP, so I cannot to say you exactly what does your message means, but I did my FP in March'04, April'04 and May'04 due to not readable. May be they want to take your FP again. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the message means that your FP (did in March) was not readable (or classified) and you need to do it again -- that's exactly why you'll get another FP notice.

No that message was not as normal as this one:

...the results of your FP was received and the process has been resumed...

which would mean your FP was OK.

Don't worry too much though...just do it again once you get that notice.

Hi hakoonamataata,

I have the same message after I have done my FP and it was there from 30th May 2003 until my approval.

I have the same message since last year after doing my FP. I am hoping its a bug with the website and means the same thing as "Processing has resumed"...I called the FBI and they said they had sent back the results of the FP check last year itself - so I am assuming the FP was okay.

The reason I had brought this up is that my wife had appeared for FP alongwith me. Here online status msg was updated a few days after FP saying this:

"On May 6, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Oh Well! Anything can happen with CIS. I am not worried anymore. I will take things as they come.

Good luck to you all.

MGI said:
I have the same message since last year after doing my FP. I am hoping its a bug with the website and means the same thing as "Processing has resumed"...I called the FBI and they said they had sent back the results of the FP check last year itself - so I am assuming the FP was okay.
MGI: I have the same msg as " .. pending review" since Mat'03. Do you think it is ok or not? ic

Are you sure? Both my spouse's and mine message are "collected and pending review" since May 2003. We need second FP in another month any way.

Jan485 said:
I think the message means that your FP (did in March) was not readable (or classified) and you need to do it again -- that's exactly why you'll get another FP notice.

EAC03125,

Well, at least it used to be that way. 'pending review' was different from 'process resumed'. But if 'Unblievable' is so sure about his/her message before approval, then all I can say is that this is another example of INS/BCIS/USCIS's inconsistansy.

I think the best way to make sure is to call FBI couple of weeks after FP.

Jan485,

Dose everyone need to call FBI? We didn't. We had FP one year ago in May. We did get another two FP notice in June. We went there at scheduled time. The people checked and said our FP were fine and it was a mistake that we got second notice. Do you think we should call FBI after one year? I'm so worried.

Thank you very much.

Jan485 said:
EAC03125,

Well, at least it used to be that way. 'pending review' was different from 'process resumed'. But if 'Unblievable' is so sure about his/her message before approval, then all I can say is that this is another example of INS/BCIS/USCIS's inconsistansy.

I think the best way to make sure is to call FBI couple of weeks after FP.

EAC03125: I have the same situation to you. I did my FP in may03 and until now the online msg is still '..bla bla pending review". I called FBI, I was told my FP check was done in May03. I faxed the name check department, still no response. I heard this problem before, and lots of people thought it was an error of the online msg. ic

Thank you. So, we just haver to wait. Right? What's your last updated date?

immigrationcom said:
EAC03125: I have the same situation to you. I did my FP in may03 and until now the online msg is still '..bla bla pending review". I called FBI, I was told my FP check was done in May03. I faxed the name check department, still no response. I heard this problem before, and lots of people thought it was an error of the online msg. ic

Exactly opposite in my case

Hi Hakkonamattata.....
My wife and I went for FP in Feb '04 and in few days, my case was showing as "FP reviewed and case resumed" whereas my wife's case was showing as "FP notice sent" .
However on 7/13 and 7/14 the case was updated and my wife's online status changed to "FP is pending review"

I485 ND 5/21/03

coolone said:
Hi Hakkonamattata.....
My wife and I went for FP in Feb '04 and in few days, my case was showing as "FP reviewed and case resumed" whereas my wife's case was showing as "FP notice sent" .
However on 7/13 and 7/14 the case was updated and my wife's online status changed to "FP is pending review"

I485 ND 5/21/03

Our paths seem a bit similar. Be in touch.

Not a problem - FP results Pending review

hakoonamataata said:
Did anyone see this as their online status message (may be with a different date):
"On March 25, 2004, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review."

Until yesterday, the message was something like "We sent a notice for you to appear for FP. .... etc." even though I appeared for FP way back in March.

What review are they talking about? Anything to be concerned about?

Any inputs are welcome.

Thanks.

In my wife's case - She gave 1FP on 21 st May'03. Then status was updated with FP pending results pending review in first week of June'03.
It was like that upto 7/2/2004 when there was date changed and got it approved on 7/8/2004.
Do not worry about it.
Good luck
ARB123