anyone received "approval notice sent" but NOT "card ordered" message?

allaboutgc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Is there anyone who received "approval notice sent" and then in the next few days the message did NOT update to "card ordered"?

Please share.

I am worried since I only got the "approval notice sent" message but I never received the "card ordered" message.

Is this a concern?

Thank you.

I believe you usually get a sequence of 2 or 3 emails - "485 approval notice sent"...."Card Ordered" ....or "Card Mailed".....I believe it takes about 4-7 days between the first "485 approval notice sent" email and "Card Mailed" email....

I got approval notice sent email on 6th June. I have not received any other emails like card ordered or card mailed etc. Online status also shows that approval notice sent.

I am also worried. I was about to post a new thread and then I saw this one.

Did any one get the card who did not get the card mailed or ordered email?

Has anybody seen the approval notice that is mailed yet ?
I am in the same boat too.

My approval message says like this.
On June 7, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Does this mean that I may have to take an infopass appointment to get my Passport stamped and give my digital signature ?

Me too...

I got approval notice sent email on 6th June. I have not received any other emails like card ordered or card mailed etc.
Online status also shows that approval notice sent.
But there is an LUD for 06/07/07

guys back off! Years ago it used to take 1-2 years for the card. Now they mail it in a maximum of 10 days. Don't get paranoid about it. Just wait for 10 days if nothing comes through, take an info pass, a print of your case status and ask for a stamping of I-551 - temporary evidence of PR and that is valid for 1 year. You will get your card well before that.
Good luck.

If you do not care, it is your own choice and that is fine. We care about it and we want to exchange information here. What is wrong about it?

guys back off! Years ago it used to take 1-2 years for the card. Now they mail it in a maximum of 10 days. Don't get paranoid about it. Just wait for 10 days if nothing comes through, take an info pass, a print of your case status and ask for a stamping of I-551 - temporary evidence of PR and that is valid for 1 year. You will get your card well before that.
Good luck.

JaiSachidanand,

Do you have any LUD today?

We are in exactly the same situation. No LUD for me today.

I got approval notice sent email on 6th June. I have not received any other emails like card ordered or card mailed etc.
Online status also shows that approval notice sent.
But there is an LUD for 06/07/07

hey guys,

Long time lurker, first-time poster here.

Just want to let you know that once you are approved, your card should be forthcoming VERY soon, like within a few days. My story:

I received my approval on June 6 (Wed), received the approval email early in the morning, yesterday checked CRIS online system and had another msg saying a letter of approval has been mailed me. And today, June 8, finally received the magic words:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card Mailed

On June 8, 2007, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have
on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do
not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

So hang in there, we all have waited long enough, so why worry about a bit more of wait; it is just a matter of days or even days (or even hours) before you receive the magic 'Card Mailed' notice. :)

Good luck everyone

I have received the following card mailed email this evening around 6 PM. I got approval email on 6th 8 AM. I have LUD today.
------------------
---------------------------------------------
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card Mailed

On June 8, 2007, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If
you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.
---------------------------------------------------------------

ITsDream is right. I just got another email said card mailed.

June 6: got email about approval notice sent.
June 7: LUD.
June 8: got email said card mailed.

Question: If we get the Card, do we stilll need to have passport stamped??

Same situation here. Thank all and good luck to all.

I do have the same question. After the card arrives, do we still need to get the passport stamped?

June 6: got email about approval notice sent.
June 7: LUD.
June 8: got email said card mailed.

Question: If we get the Card, do we stilll need to have passport stamped??

I got "new cards ordered" email on 06/07/07, 06/08/07 and 06/09/07. What my attorney told me that who have their update biometerics with USCIS, they get the "cards ordered" email instead of approval notice. Cases where INS thinks that the biometerics is not upto date some times, after approval they are asked to go to local service center to give the biometerics, after which cards are ordered.

For the cards to be printed, USCIS have to have both, photo ID and the FP.

So I guess, what someone said, that wait for few days and if we don't get the cards, then we can take infopass and go to the local center with the printouts of our approval notices and talk to them.

I know after waiting for so long, when journey seems to be nearing the end, even one day delay is very painful. But think about it, we have come this far, now it is just matter of time.

I would like to wish good luck to everybody waiting on for their 485 approvals. We all will get there one day, for some it may take little longer than others.

Good luck to all.

Similar Update from my attorney

Attorney:
"If you do not receive the card in the mail within the next couple of weeks, you can go to the local office and get a temporary stamp in your passport (but they will not require you to get the passport stamped). Please note that the stamp in your passport is just a temporary stamp that allows you to travel and re-enter as a lawful permanent resident prior to your receipt of the actual card. However, once you receive the card you do not need to have the stamp in the passport."
Thank You...

Hi I got my Permanant Resident card today.

Details:
PD: 11/2002 - EB3 - India, VSC.
2nd FP 05/04/2007
I-485 Approval Notice(e-mail)06/06/2007
I-485 Card Mailed Notice(e-mail)06/08/2007
I-485 Approval Notice in regular mail 06/11/2007
Permanant Resident Card in regular mail 06/11/2007

The same this for my spouse.

Hi I got my Permanant Resident card today.

Details:
PD: 11/2002 - EB3 - India, VSC.
2nd FP 05/04/2007
I-485 Approval Notice(e-mail)06/06/2007
I-485 Card Mailed Notice(e-mail)06/08/2007
I-485 Approval Notice in regular mail 06/11/2007
Permanant Resident Card in regular mail 06/11/2007

The same this for my spouse.

same here; just got home and saw the permanent resident card awaiting me :)