Anyone received approval for I-130 when waitinng for namecheck

arran_hope

Registered Users (C)
Just wondering if any one received approval for I-130 when they are I-485 is approval pending due to the name check clearance. During the interview the officer mentioned she is convinced about the marriage and approve from her behalf, but we do not get any permanent resident approval until we get the namecheck clearance. Do I get the I-130 approval in the mean time ?
Appreciate any experiences on this

arran_hope said:
Just wondering if any one received approval for I-130 when they are I-485 is approval pending due to the name check clearance. During the interview the officer mentioned she is convinced about the marriage and approve from her behalf, but we do not get any permanent resident approval until we get the namecheck clearance. Do I get the I-130 approval in the mean time ?
Appreciate any experiences on this

This is very common. My I-130 got approved though my name check hadn't come through. The officer was convinced that my marriage was genuine and so approved the petition.

summerwine said:
This is very common. My I-130 got approved though my name check hadn't come through. The officer was convinced that my marriage was genuine and so approved the petition.
summerwine,

Did you get any notification about I-130. If you did get one, how long it took to get email ?

I never received approval of my I-130, and on the USCIS its still listed as pending, despite having my green card now for 2 months.

arran_hope said:
summerwine,

Did you get any notification about I-130. If you did get one, how long it took to get email ?

arran_hope:
I had similar experience. For my case, I asked for the I130 approval notice at the interview, and the officer give one to me on the spot.

hbb

yes its very common.. I am in same boat. I received my I-130 approval notice in 3-4 days after interview. Officer said 2 business days and it took 3.. so I guess she was very accurate on this one..

I was really distracted when the officer told us the Name Check is still waiting and forgot totally about the I-130. So far we did not get any anything paper mail or email as per I-130. What is the downside of not getting the I-130 approval confirmation ? I am planning to follow up along with name check follow up via infopass in three months. I really appriciate anyone has any suggestions /input on this.

There is no downside, as I can attest as someone with no approval notice for I-130 and a green card.

arran_hope said:
I was really distracted when the officer told us the Name Check is still waiting and forgot totally about the I-130. So far we did not get any anything paper mail or email as per I-130. What is the downside of not getting the I-130 approval confirmation ? I am planning to follow up along with name check follow up via infopass in three months. I really appriciate anyone has any suggestions /input on this.

I am in the same boat here. The officer said the only thing she need to approve my case was the name check clearance. I forgot to ask for the I-130 because she said she had no problem with my application and everything looked good. My interview date is this January, I have not received anything about I-130 approval confirmation and I-130 online status is still pending. I choose to ignore it b/c I-485 is also pending. Maybe you will get it soon. :)