Anyone????Pleaseeee

dfdora

Registered Users (C)
I posted this on another thread but no response :( Here it is again. Someone pleaseeee help!!
I got married in Egypt and came to US on a B1/B2 visa. I overstayed the entry allowed to me. Now I am filing for GC as my husband just became US citizen.
My question is: Do I need an attorney to file my case? As I have read on different forums and also on attoney websites that if you enter the US on a wrong intent then you can be denied AOS. WHat should I do? I did enter on wrong intent and at the time told immigration authorities that I am not married etc. Please help! I had no idea that attorneys are so expensive. I was hoping that I could do w/o one.
Any advice frm anyone will be appreciated.
Thanx.

Hi!
The fact your husband is naturalized citizen will make it easier and faster for you to get a GC. In my personal opinion I think that since you were married for some time before applying and assuming he is originally from the same country as you are, should make it much easier to prove your marriage is bona fide.
Coming here on a wrong visa with a wrong intend? Oh, well! You are not the only one….
The positive news – the overstay is usually forgiven by INS if you a US citizen’s spouse.
It is doable to apply for a GC on your own, even with wrong or overstayed visa, but - If you not sure, don’t know where to start or have too many doubts then yes – you better get a lawyer.

Difficult case. AOS may be denied based on undisclosed immigrant intent based on entry to US on non-immigrant B1/B2. If overstay is beyond 180 days, even more worse. Get a good immigration attorney. Not a straightforward case.

As per USCIS, every immigrant marriage is a fraud unless proven otherwise.

Got it

Well, I went to the USCIS office this afternoon...apparently, my application was approved on 04-10-2005 (87 days after my interview)...b/c some technical issue they couldn't send out a letter...technical issue is resolved, GC supposed to arrive within 2 weeks!!!

Dutch14 said:
Well, I went to the USCIS office this afternoon...apparently, my application was approved on 04-10-2005 (87 days after my interview)...b/c some technical issue they couldn't send out a letter...technical issue is resolved, GC supposed to arrive within 2 weeks!!!

Did they put an I-551 stamp in your passport?