Anyone out there from Intel Corp ??

bhawna gesota

Registered Users (C)
Hi.

I work at Intel and am completely frustrated with their policies and rules and their attorneys who are handling my GC case.
I have been point blank refused to go for Consular Processing as "It does not meet the company\'s business objectives" !!
No other explanations or considerations here.

Is there anyone out there who has tried to open a discussion with intel\'s immigration department about the option of Consular Processing ?? If so, could you me tell your experience ??
Does involving your manager help ??
Any pointers from Intel folks who are waiting for their GC process to complete ??
Any other pointers from non-intel folks might be useful as well.

-Bhawna

No Title

I\'m not from Intel, but I had the similar situation, where my employer said they can\'t do CP, since its against the company policies.
Later on I found that Lawyers\' fee is higher if you do CP.
Also that would involve company paying for your ticket to ur home country and the fact that you might be stuck in ur home country if for some reason your are denied GC, may cause some companies to discourage people from doing CP.

But then I didn\'t push for it, but if I had talked to my Manager, that wouldn\'t have been problem.
My HR won\'t even do AP and EAD since that also involves more money. But then I talked to my manager and got it approved from him

So I would suggest, talk to your manager and ask him to push your HR apply for your CP.

NO point in going for CP

I-485, processing is quite faster these days and is a better option than going for CP. Also, CP requires you to go to your home country on a very short notice and this involves lot of personal expenditure. You also have to take time off for this.

I would advice you to go for AOS.

Working for similar big company

I work for a big software companies and our company have similar policy to pay only for i485 but employees can pay from their own pocket and get it done.

No Title

i dont work for intel. But i work for another big company and we have similar policy. CP is not allowed, only 485. So looks like many big companies have this policy.

No Title

This is absolutely wrong advice.

485 is faster than before, but still way longer than
CP (7-12 months vs 2 months)
And there are as several potential pitfalls in 485
process (No receipt for months, no fp, RFE)
These seem to happen with much higher probability
than the problems in the CP process.

Having to take time off with a 3-week notice
to go to visit your home country is not such a
bad thing. Hey, its a good excuse for a vacation.

Getting EAD for your spouse in 90 days used to be
a big advantage of 485. With CP processing dropping
to 2 months, and given the delays in getting a receipt for 485,
CP is the faster route to getting work auth. for your spouse.

In almost all chases, if you have a choice, you should choose CP.

commonsense

Use some commonsense before posting these kind of messages. Think what have you contributed for the company rather than questioning what company is doing for you. You should abide by company rules.

-Nick

Same here!!!

My company also refused to do CP...But it turned to be good..
I got my GC in four months of applyying withot the hassel of
travel with kids!!!
Good Luck...

No Title

Some big companies do allow it but many dont.
(i think cisco and sun do allow it, but there are many that dont)