Anyone know whats up at VSC?

i called nat cust serv number today...and asked for name check (is it over or not) the officer firmly refused to discuss it with me, saying he cannot divulge such details...i wonder if there is any consistency in their operation. seems like some people are able to get that information, others are not.
its highly arbitrary.
any special trick to get to the VSC directly??

Hello nj_case, if they handled your case to an officer on 26MAR06 how come your LUD didn`t change on that day ? I saw lots of new LUDs on 25MAR06. Maybe they put all this cases on a monthly shelf to be adjudicated in the next 30/60 days.

may I know what options do we need to select to get hold of VSC customer support ?? thank you

supply_demand said:
I called VSC today and was told my name check is still pending THe last time I called they said it was done and just that their system had not been updated.

Today again the rep. (officer!!!) said that my name check is NOT done and that the application is still waiting for name check. Anyone know when these guys update the name check system.

This is getting even more ridiculous day after day. Not sure when/where this whole thing is going to end.

here you go...

Please call the 1-800-375-5283 NSC and follow the below steps. Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4.

thanks Akbari. after entering the EAC number i am getting a message that " due to temperary prob in the system ur info is not avilable.try again later"

Akbari said:
Please call the 1-800-375-5283 NSC and follow the below steps. Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothin' yet

Was hoping the onset of April would bring a slew of approvals ... doesn't seem to be the case. Does anyone have any positive news?

PD has been current since Mar 1 and we've been waiting for some years now. Any ideas on how we could expedite this process and obtain approval. Does raising an inquiry or requesting a referral to an officer help or contacting senators/congressman help? If so, how do we proceed. Would really appreciate some suggestions/info guys.

Thanks & have a good long weekend.

Hey Guys....

If your dates are current make sure u make an inquiry and ask for the referral number. Atleast you will know what is happening with your case. I got a reply back yesterday for the inquiry I made in feb stating my background check is yet not complete.

I think if your name check is done & your case is clean approvals are happening fairly quickly. My case was approved a couple of days ago. Also when I spoke to the VSC in Jan (when still in retrogression) the lady confirmed that as the security checks were done, my case was in the "work flow" & it would be adjudicated once the dates became current.

I 140 RD Nov 2004
I 140 AD Dec 2004.
I485 RD Sept 2005
I485 AD April 11 2006 (LUD on MAR 24 with no message change)

No Answer on Case Status

Just now i called to find out my case status to following below specified steps. The lady came to online. When i asked about my 485 status .She told me, they will not tell any case status unless if particular case have any problem.

My case details:
EB2( July 2001) Sub.
Applied 140 & 485 on Aug 2001.
140 Approved on Feb-10-2006.
My last LUD on 485 Details are below
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 16, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

After that no LUD Changes!!!...
If any one has in similar state, please share....

Akbari said:

Press 1 (for english),
Listen to the options-

My LUD has been changed and now it is saysing ""we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to another BCIS office for processing. They will notify you when they take action on your case."
Does it mean it has been transffered to CSC?

NSC or TSC

linux1112000 said:
My LUD has been changed and now it is saysing ""we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to another BCIS office for processing. They will notify you when they take action on your case."
Does it mean it has been transffered to CSC?

linux1112000,

Starting the 1st of April TSC and NSC will deal with EB cases and CSC and VSC will deal with other cases. This was not supposed to apply to pending cases but I guess they are reorganizing all the pending cases.

regards,

saras

Hi Saras,
My case was EB2, approved at VSC but my wife's got struck in retro. Do you know if her case will be transferred (as she is not Eb2, but my derivative) from VSC or will continue there.

Thanks,
M
saras76 said:
linux1112000,

Starting the 1st of April TSC and NSC will deal with EB cases and CSC and VSC will deal with other cases. This was not supposed to apply to pending cases but I guess they are reorganizing all the pending cases.

regards,

saras

No telling ..

mithya said:
Hi Saras,
My case was EB2, approved at VSC but my wife's got struck in retro. Do you know if her case will be transferred (as she is not Eb2, but my derivative) from VSC or will continue there.

Thanks,
M

mithya,

I am not sure exactly what is going on with USCIS at this point. The case may be transferred but there is absolutely no guarantee at this point.

saras