Anyone know whats up at VSC?

supply_demand

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,

I know we all talk about VSC as a big black box. But I am wondering if anyone has any idea of whats going on there. There are a bunch of us whose name check is done (atleast according to VSC CSR) and whose PD is current and are *still* not getting approvals notices (or even LUD changes).

Any idea from conversations with your lawyers, VSC CSRs and so on about what is going on at VSC. I have seen a bunch of people whose PD is current (and name check supposedly done) without any movement in their applications.

Please post any information you might have about whats up with VSC.

LUD(s) are most likely caused by VSC moving files to NSC, especially those I-140(s).... haven't you heard that cervice centers will be specialized in particular type of cases/forms from now on?

Most of people are stuck due to retrogression

"Case transferring" issue pertain to cases to be filed on or after April 1 2006?

Does'nt the "Case transferring" issue pertain to cases to be filed on or after April 1 2006?

I thought cases already filed at the center will be processed by the center and will not be transfered!!

Have not heard about the transfer of cases

is this related to 485 cases? No I have not heard about the transfer of cases. What is this and when was it implemented?

I see a lot of approvals at CSC and almost next to nothing at VSC and not sure whats up at VSC.

Hoping for the last week

I noticed few of the guys got approval in fourth week of Feb 2006 so I'm hoping many of us (who are current) should get the approval in next 3-4 days. (Keeping my finger crossed).

yep the cases where evething is clear, get over in 30 days

else more wait
GC_Charm said:
I noticed few of the guys got approval in fourth week of Feb 2006 so I'm hoping many of us (who are current) should get the approval in next 3-4 days. (Keeping my finger crossed).

No Approvals yet?

this is extremely frustrating for me as as it is for many others here at this forum.

There no approvals this week and the last!!! Dont understand whats going on. CSC had a bunch of approvals. VSC has a few and then thats it.

anyone call VSC recently? Any response from officers there that folsk can share with us

whats up at VSC ??

I am also getting frustrated ..though I have no idea why they have to take so long for name check etc.
I called VSC for address change and they did not say antyhing about name check etc. or how long this whole thing will take.
It says FP results recieved.

EB2 - PD Current (JAN 01) I 140 approved (Feb 05) - 485 filed sept. 05 Fp done and results recieved.

gclaga said:
Does'nt the "Case transferring" issue pertain to cases to be filed on or after April 1 2006?

I thought cases already filed at the center will be processed by the center and will not be transfered!!
From what i see in CSC to TSC transfers thread i think that the petitions (i140/i485) where none of the petitions is approved are transferred, whereas in case where the i140 is approved already the files are not transferred.
I might be wrong of course.

My name check has been pending for long time. I talked to VSC this week the lady told me that my file has moved further now and I should hear something in 30 days. After hearing this I was very happy. I asked the lady if my name check is over but she refused to give any information about that but said I should get decision in 30 days. Just to reconfirm I asked my wife to call and the lady this time told that my name check still pending. Now I don’t know what’s going on.

lady luck

gcpending26 said:
My name check has been pending for long time. I talked to VSC this week the lady told me that my file has moved further now and I should hear something in 30 days. After hearing this I was very happy. I asked the lady if my name check is over but she refused to give any information about that but said I should get decision in 30 days. Just to reconfirm I asked my wife to call and the lady this time told that my name check still pending. Now I don’t know what’s going on.

One more dud of a week ...

Wake up VSC! I'm beginning to truly get tired of these delays ...
Hope we see some approvals soon. Pls share any info you may have recd from friends/lawyers/VSC reps etc. 'Cuz currently its like staring in a large dark room ... need some light man:eek:

I think those people are delaying so more and more people can file for EADs and APs and their jobs are secure.
--Naveen Oshos

VSC 485 applications are moved to NSC or TSC

Looks like VSC 485 applications are moved to NSC or TSC. I was under impression that this process will start after April 01, 2006 as per current USCIS notification. But recent enquiry about my 485 to VSC thru congress man revealed that it is in NSC now and wating to visa number.

Called VSC today

I called VSC today and was told my name check is still pending THe last time I called they said it was done and just that their system had not been updated.

Today again the rep. (officer!!!) said that my name check is NOT done and that the application is still waiting for name check. Anyone know when these guys update the name check system.

This is getting even more ridiculous day after day. Not sure when/where this whole thing is going to end.

when i call vsc, everytime i am getting systems are down at this movement, call in later. dont know why

Hey Guys....
Try calling up once around 9-10 in the morning. I did couple of times and got a lot more information from those guys. I noticed, when I called in the evening, they had vague answers and mostly they would say we dont know anything more than this. I am not sure it was luck but there is no harm in trying.....

Did you learn anything interesting

did you learn anything interesting when you called VSC? Dont have to give us your specific case information but some high level guidelines would be usefult to share with the forum.

good luck!!!

nj_case said:
Hey Guys....
Try calling up once around 9-10 in the morning. I did couple of times and got a lot more information from those guys. I noticed, when I called in the evening, they had vague answers and mostly they would say we dont know anything more than this. I am not sure it was luck but there is no harm in trying.....

Sure, I called up twice and both told me that my file was handed over to an officer on Mar 26th after making an inquiry by me in Feb and I shd hear something from them within 30 days. Also they checked for me that the address was updated. Unlike when I called during even times they told just give me your new address and we cant really see if it has been updated yet. B4 this I had almost called 5 times for change of address. Also they could never find my referral I made in february.

EB3 Lab Subs
Aug 2000
I-485 - ND Jan 18 2005, LUD Mar 7 2006(I am guessing becoz of the EAD applied)