Anyone in my situation?

kadavath1967

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I had put an enquiry on my case and the LUD changed to the following:

On November 23, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I thought this is RFE, and my lawyer says it is not asking for may info.

I filed my case (EA) on 08/18/03 at CSC....and there is no news about the file except the above. Any advise on this? I really appreciate your advise.

probably it is due to your inquiry. they may send you a notice saying that they need more time. At the same time, this may speed up processing. you didn't write qualifications, but you may get an RFE, denial, or approval soon.

mine was submitted a month later than yours; it got double RFE, and it is about to be rejected, if not rejected already.

BTW, how did you make the inquiry? and also please write your qual.

Thanks for your reply.

Qual:

1) Masters from both IIT Bombay and Uni.of Pune.
2) Phd from Top Five Uni. in the US.
3 Now working as a post doc. (H1)
4) 2 fist author in totally 7 publications.
5) Field : Medical research (Not MD)

I hope to hear something very soon from INS. Do you mind telling me what did they ask you on your two RFEs.

Thanks a lot.

on the same boat

Yes, I’m on the same boat.
I-140 EA/Consular Processing/NSC
RD 07/28/2003
ND 07/28/2003

Still weaiting. No RFE no nothing.
I don’t think inquiries make any difference. I’ve issued 3 inquiries during last 6 months and got written responses from NSC saying “…wait, we need more time…”.

kadavath1967 said:
Thanks for your reply.

Qual:

1) Masters from both IIT Bombay and Uni.of Pune.
2) Phd from Top Five Uni. in the US.
3 Now working as a post doc. (H1)
4) 2 fist author in totally 7 publications.
5) Field : Medical research (Not MD)

I hope to hear something very soon from INS. Do you mind telling me what did they ask you on your two RFEs.

Thanks a lot.

in the first RFE, they forgot to send the correct attachment. The second one was on every criteria I claimed. basically, it was written in such a way as if I don't satisfy any of the criteria, so they were asking for more info in each category. one of the things that appeared strange to me was about the reviews I did. They wrote that I either did them "voluntarily" or "was asked to do it". As if there is any other possibility.

which number did you call to do the inquiry?