Anyone having issues with vfs-usa website for appointments?

jack23

Registered Users (C)
I'm trying to schedule an appointment and wanted to check the available dates. But I don't get the calendar of available dates for the visa appointment on the vfs-usa website.

Basically go to https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/EarliestDate.aspx.
Fill in the info to find the earliest available date and it goes to the next page without showing the dates calendar.

I tried this in IE6 and Firefox. Anyone else having the same issue?

===============
I wanted to attach a screen shot but the "manage attachments" window doesn't let me. I can upload a file but it doesn't show up in the list so I cannot attach (again, I tried in Firefox and IE). Why would this site use such a sophisticated attachments tool when it doesn't allow me to add one?
Am I missing permissions?

I am having the same issue. Want to book an appointment around june 15th. Not sure if i will get it? Only few more days left.

I am having same problem. I am trying to get an appt for my H1 renewal. when i check "YES" to following question

"Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?"

I can not even see available dates in HYDERABAD , it shows only DELHI and MUMBAI. it does not even say, dates are not available. but if i check "NO" for above question, i can see the calender with available dates. Could you please help me what do i have to do?

I am plannig to take appt in CHENNAI for time being, and check for available dates in HYD.

I faced the same problem, this happens when VISA dates are not opened up at the particular embassy. They will open just around two weeks before. See the reply I got from Chennai Consulate.

My Query-
I was trying to book appointment at Chennai location online through VFS and even though I choose Chennai location in the drop down menu. it shows availability for Delhi and during confirmation it asked confirmation regarding Delhi location. I am from Bangalore and I am looking for appointment date in Chennai. I tried so many times but it was giving same Delhi location by default. Could you please let me know what to do ??

Consulate Response-
"Kindly note that allocation of dates on VFS calendar differs for each category. The Consulate keeps on releasing date for every category on regular basis. Request you to select your specific category and look for the dates.

Please note, if you have selected the state of residence for Chennai consulate and if the Chennai dates are not available, some time it might show you other regions Calendar. In that case you can schedule the visa appointment in other regions with same DS-160 confirmation page along with other relevant documents and at the time of the US visa interview you need to verbally intimate to the consular officer about the same. Only incase of Kolkata, if you are scheduling the appointment for Kolkata consulate then you need to file for a new DS-160 application online as for "Kolkata, India" location."

Appointment succesful

Guys,

Thought should share my experience with the VFS website. I was trying to book at appointment for my parent visitors visa at Chennai. On July 21st, when I checked the 'earliest available date' and chose Chennai from the drop down, I was able to see the calendar for Chennai listed with dates open starting Aug8th to 12th. Unfortunately, I couldn't book on that day, as the Visa fees was not paid by then. Subsequently, the next Monday (July 25th) when I attempted to book the dates, I did not see the option of Chennai itself. I kept on checking the availability day and night since then and finally found them today morning (July 29th). The dates were available for 2nd week and 3rd of August and I've booked one of the dates successfully!

If you were interested, the reply obtained from VFS, for my email inquiry was:

"Please note the allocation of the interview appointments on VFS website is the sole discretion of the Embassy / Consulate.

The Consulate regularly reviews and allocates seats for different visa categories based on the requirement and availability of resources. If at any point of time you are not able to view a seat allocation as required, you are requested to check the website for the earliest available date.

We would like to inform you that the interview appointment dates are being released by the U.S. Consulate on a regular basis and same keeps constantly fluctuating depending on the appointment booking done by the applicants online. Hence, you are requested to keep checking the website regularly to view the appointments available and book them as and when they are released.

Kindly click on the link Earliest Available Interview date to view for an estimate of current availability of visa interview appointment

Note:- Each and Every applicant need to schedule their visa appointment through VFS website and there is no any other procedure expect the online."