Anyone have this happen?? Chicago office

cpost

Registered Users (C)
I think this is good news....?

Had my interview 5th December at Chicago DO, marriage based.

Approved and passport stamped.
BUT- no green card appeared in the mail.

Had infopass beginning of Feb, and found out the IO forgot to finish a final AOS step on the computer, so no card was issued.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, they ordered the file back to Chicago from storage so the final step could be completed and a card issued.
Today, I had an LUD (no e-mail) saying "I-130, I-485 files transferred to MSC for further processing etc" - I think that's where they produce the green card..

So, I'm hoping that I'll see the physical card soon.
Anyone have anything like this happen? Or any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I am so scared!

I read somewhere that MSC keeps these files for scheduling - scheduling what??

I don't know what's going on. Our case was filed August 2005, but kept being sent to different offices, with multiple admin errors made along the way. We filed everything right. Even our interview on 5th Dec went well, and I saw the IO stamp "approved" on the forms, and then authorize the passport stamp.

I just don't understand it. We even had the Senator help out with getting an interview by the end of 2006 due to unacceptable delays.
I can't believe they made another mistake and didn't finish the final computer step of the AOS!
I'm so worried there will be months more delay for stupid beaurocratic reasons. Also, they took my EAD, I-94 at interview, so once this stamp expires in April, I don't know what to do about working.

My hubby thinks it will all be OK, and that the MSC transfer means the green card is imminent - we were APPROVED in December, for goodness sake.

I feel like I'm the only one with this circumstance....it's pretty lonely, and my nerves are a wreck from all the ups and downs - what will go wrong next??

UK citizen married to US citizen, filed AOS (marriage based) Aug 2005, Chicago DO
At the time, I also had an employment application part-way completed, but because of backlog delays, filed via the marriage as well. Apparently, this shouldn't have affected the things, and created no problems at interview... oh, well - guess this could happen to anyone, but the stress is awful.

Okay - here's an update.

Got 2 e-mails saying case approved and welcome message sent, green card ordered!

So evidently, the file is transferred from the DO to Missouri for processing the actual green card.

Hope this is helpful to everyone.
Until this happened, I thought this transfer to another office would mean more delays.

If you've had your interview, and you get CRIS e-mails saying the case is "transferred to MSC for further processing" - don't panic, since it means they're getting ready to issue the green card!

Thankyou!!

I am still floating on air - feels good to be a permanent resident at last!!