Anyone has the same experience? (for plastic card)

benjamin1001

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I had the same FP (both code 3) done back in March, 2005. Our I485 (EB2-NIW) was approved on 8/2/05. The on-line message for my wife stays on 8/2/05 and says the approval notice was mailed. As for me, the on-line message changed on 8/5/05 and says card mailed to me. Today both my wife and I received the approval notice mail. For me, it says the card will be made and sent to me. For my wife, it ask my wife to make an infopass to have her passport stamped, also need to do FP and take photo for processing the card.
My question is both of us had the same FP (code 3), suppose it covered the FP/photo for card processing. Why they still ask my wife to do passport stamping instead of sending the card directly, like my case? Is it a mistake that VSC made or it is normal (I am the mail applicant)?
Any suggestions? Thanks!

It might be that your wife's picture came out bad (eyes closed for example). Acouple friends of me took their code 3 back in April and were requested another code 2 for the card las month. I took code 3 in May and cards are being mailed for me and my wife (KIds are approved too but I don't know about their cards since they never did biometrics)

benjamin1001 said:
My wife and I had the same FP (both code 3) done back in March, 2005. Our I485 (EB2-NIW) was approved on 8/2/05. The on-line message for my wife stays on 8/2/05 and says the approval notice was mailed. As for me, the on-line message changed on 8/5/05 and says card mailed to me. Today both my wife and I received the approval notice mail. For me, it says the card will be made and sent to me. For my wife, it ask my wife to make an infopass to have her passport stamped, also need to do FP and take photo for processing the card.
My question is both of us had the same FP (code 3), suppose it covered the FP/photo for card processing. Why they still ask my wife to do passport stamping instead of sending the card directly, like my case? Is it a mistake that VSC made or it is normal (I am the mail applicant)?
Any suggestions? Thanks!

It could be for the finger prints. Me and my wife got our passprots stamped on the same day and I got my card but my wife did not. After an enquiry we were told that her finger prints were unidentifiable and we had to go again and give her finger prints along with the photographs.

Card ordered

Thanks for the suggestions.
My wife called VSC on 8/8/05, the officer also don't know why no card is ordered with a code 3 FP. She said she will report to her supervisor.
Yesterday (8/10/05) my wife went to Philadelphia USCIS office to have her passport stamped, also submitted 2 pictures and did FP.
This morning (8/11/05) her on-line I-485 message changed to "card ordered". I don't think this is the result of yesterday's passport stamp and FP. Because it takes time for VSC to receive the photo and FP from Philadelphia USCIS office. I think the supervisor of the officer did something and found they made a mistake for not ordering a card for a person with code 3 FP.