Anyone has I140 aprpoved for Consulaer procesing, and filed I485?

5thYearNSC

Registered Users (C)
Please post yur detals and aprpoval daets, and if any delays becuase of this, and your expereince. Plase.

I recieved Pocket III and a case# was created for Chennai
Consulate office by the State dept., but I filed I485.
Could not go Chennai because 6 yr H1b expired and filed I485 instead.

Will this delay my aprpoval? I\'m wondeing
because of Sep 11th, they may want to double confirm that no
visa was issue by Chennai post befor they approve my case?!

I did not file I824. My I140 itself was applied for CP. I140 took 9 months. It took 8-9 months for e

I140 itself was approved with CP to get visa.

Verify with an IIO

Talk to an IIO about wheather they will request your case from NSC, which in turn will request for your I-140 approval file, from chennai. It will delay your case if you don\'t get your case from chennai. Main thing for you is to verify with INS wheather they are going to request for your file or not?. If not talk to your local congressman or senator.

How to have CP switched to AOS while I-140 still pending

Gurus,

I just had the I-140 filed with subsequent CP. I have to switch to AOS.
Is there any way/procedure to notify the INS of my decision while the I-140 is still pending and avoid transferring of my approved case to the NVC?
Or alternatively, can I notify the NVC once a case# is assigned so they do not send my case to a Consulate abroad?

Thank you!

EB3 or EB2 what difference it makes

Hi

at 485 stage after the priority dates are current, does it really matter if its eb2 or eb3. I dont think so, correct me here if am wrong

To make I140 to AOS>.

When an I140 is approved, you can still file I485,
even if it was approved for CP. In this case, NVC will
give you a months time for you to cancel CP. After the
I140 approval, you will receive this letter from NVC
within few weeks. Promptly reply to this letter and
have the case file sent to Service CENter.

How to have CP switched to AOS while I-140 still pending

Is there any way to prevent INS from sending my case to NVC by notifying them while I-140 is STILL PENDING?

It should not affect your case.

you donot have to worry about it. Even if your I-140 was approved for consular processing, you can easily apply for AOS just ignoring the package 3 of NVC. This is acceptable to INS and you do not need any prior permisiion. One additional thing is that is is only the I-140 approval notice and the port where you opted for CP in your I-140 petition, only that information is sent to NVC by INS and the I-140 file and documents are retained by INS. So do not worry. Be happy.