Anyone has an I-130 pending at California Service Center??

dorlym

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

Does anyone has an I-130 for a relative (mother or father) that live outside of USA pending in California? Currently they are processing cases with priority dates of February 28th, 2005 and this has not changed for 3 to 4 months. Soneone know what is happening with the California Service Center?? Thanks :confused:

yes i also have noticed that .no progress what so evere in last couple a mont any suggestion or comments please post rittwalfh

I've been checking that too maybe for two months now, I have a petition and my receipt date is April 19, 2005. It's not moving. Please post if you know anything about the delay of the processing at California Service Center.
Thank you. :)

I-130 processing times does not really matter. The beneficiary will not be able to apply for AOS until their I-485 date is current. I would not lose sleep on I-130 dates.

I checked today for the I-130 processing dates at California Service Center and now they are moving, but very slowly... :eek: :confused: :(

They have a new posted for I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21). They are processing cases with receipt notice date of March 07, 2005. :(

dorlym said:
I checked today for the I-130 processing dates at California Service Center and now they are moving, but very slowly... :eek: :confused: :(

They have a new posted for I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21). They are processing cases with receipt notice date of March 07, 2005. :(
That's better than some other states...you should be happy :)

The process for the I-130 applications at the California Service Center....

...before it was better. I had a friend That had an answer for I-130 application in less of two months. That is why I feel that the process is ver slowly. :(

Here is my story:

I got married to a Permanent resident in 2001 March, He applied I 130 for me. We had our ceremonies , reception and honeymoon and started to live a happy life as husband and wife. In November 2002, we came to know that the priest who said earlier that he would file our marriage certificate in court, did not do that. So our one is a common-law marriage now. We became shocked and once again got married in Houston Court. Then we supplied the new marriage certificates to INS to back up our I-130

This year my husband became US citizen and upgraded my I-130 file to I 485( adjustment of status) , I cleared my fingerprints, recieved my work authorization card and got a notice for the interview for green card on July 29th.

Yeseterday I got a notice from INS regarding my I-130 , that the Texas Service Center has moved my file of I130 to California Service Center for speed processing

What does that mean? We upgraded our I130 and thought they approved that , so they sent me work permit and sceduled me for GC interview. Are the two files going parallel? Can they deport me if they don't approve our common law marriage( the one we did by religious ceremony and could not file due to the priest's mistake)? Under Texas law--- common law marriages must be approved for GC if
1) the couple have been living together as husband -wife
2) Introduced themselves as husband and wife to the world
3)Has intention to marry at the court of law

Which we did.

What should I do now? Plz anyone help me with some advice. We love each other so much and was planning to have a baby next year, now everything is cloudy. Thanks for your patience and reading my story till this point.

robbin,

I believe you have nothing to worry about. Here is an extract from http://family-law.freeadvice.com/commonlawmarriage.htm:

Traditionally, when a man and a woman lived together and held themselves out to the world as husband and wife for a certain period of time (such as 7 or 14 years), the law of the state in which they resided recognized them as husband and wife despite the lack of the formal legalities of marriage.

Most states no longer recognize common law marriages. However, if a couple meets the requirements for a common law marriage in a state that does recognize common law marriages, and the couple then moves to a state that does not have common law marriages, the new state will usually recognize the "common law" marriage. For example, if a couple lived in Texas, a state recognizing common law marriage, and met the requirements for a common law marriage, and then moved to California, which does not recognize common law marriage, California will recognize the couple as being married.