Anyone got Welcome letter or Plastic Card ?

Victor3536

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Anyone got welcome letter and/or plastic card lately, who had POE after 2othe July ? ...

I'm wondering I have not received anything yet ...

Hey Victor,

'm in the same boat. But I feel that we should get something, very very soon.

Victor,
Myself and my wife got weclome letter 2 copies each in last week. Our POE was on 25th and 27th respectively.

Hope you should be getting in this week as per alren stated they might be following the LIFO practice.

Thanks

In today's mail I and my wife received the physical green card and I received it from CA, I not sure if everyone gets from their own state.

So, I think now the process is full complete and it took less than 30 days from POE to getting physical GC.

thanks

Alren,
Yeah, I feel that way. I couldn't imagine that this all happened, last Dec when my labour got cleared I had a feeling that I can extend my stay till my 485 gets approved suddenly from march till july every thing changed. I didn't expect that I will be a GC holder in such a short time.

Actually feels good.

thanks

Vm,

Congrats .. I guess they liked you better than us as alien coming in this country .. OR may be as you said it's going by LIFO...

I just want to get over with it ...

Victor3536 said:
Vm,

"I guess they liked you better than us as alien coming in this country "

{You know how imm. officer's are, he didn't even want to give me a smile.....}

VM, Victor:

You seem to be accountants/ commerce background from back home to be reminding "accountant to IT converts" like myself about LIFO/ FIFO.... :)

kd1403 said:
VM, Victor:

You seem to be accountants/ commerce background from back home to be reminding "accountant to IT converts" like myself about LIFO/ FIFO.... :)
Standard in Data Structures class for Comp. Sci. :)

Kd,

Good judgement... Well, I'm surely a finance guy back ohome turned into IT guy in USA ..

BTW, kd, long time no see on the board ..

Got welcome letter

Hi,
My POE - 3rd August, LA. Today (25th Aug) I have also received 2 copies of welcome letter for me, my wife and children. The letters are from California. The letter says we will be receiving the card in 3 weeks. Hope to get the card soon.

I have also not received mine ..POE on 22nd July .. I have also not received my replacement SS card. Also have not received my wife's ss card.

I called SS office and they said that I do not see one mailed to you .. May be they are not able to see our A# in the system yet ..

Got it ...

Guys,

Finally, I received the plastic GC yesterday in the mail for myself and my wife. However, strange thing is that we never received any welcome letter that other poeple received. Well, nonetheless, as long as I got the card ...

Alren, did you receive anything ?

Noticed that they strated writing the beginning date of your PR on the card, which I think was not there in earlier years ..

Victor