Anyone got PIO card lately ???

Kind_SD

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone got PIO card lately ?? I am curious to know how long it really takes to come ?? I am planning to apply from San Francisco consulate once I get naturalized!!. Web site says...it takes one month...

Last edited by a moderator:
I applied PIO card for my kids. It will take 3 weeks to arrive, from the date you mail it. Use certified mail to send it, otherwise Indian government officers will really act like they are. In addition, request overnight mail for return purpose. It will cost you a little bit more, but that should be okay given your eagerness.
I had applied at the Consulate General of India, Chicago.

NotThatSmart said:
I applied PIO card for my kids. It will take 3 weeks to arrive, from the date you mail it. Use certified mail to send it, otherwise Indian government officers will really act like they are. In addition, request overnight mail for return purpose. It will cost you a little bit more, but that should be okay given your eagerness.
I had applied at the Consulate General of India, Chicago.
Thanks for the info & tips. This will really help in my planning.
Any other exp from San francisco consulate ?

Applied Dec 10 at Indian Embassy in person. Was asked to pickup Jan 17 in person. Got the passport and PIO card for my daughter on Jan 17.

brajac said:
Applied Dec 10 at Indian Embassy in person. Was asked to pickup Jan 17 in person. Got the passport and PIO card for my daughter on Jan 17.
What is the location of Indian embassy that you have mentioned ?
Thanks

I applied for PIO card for my son in Feb 05 in San Francisco consulate. Enclosed fee for return by registered mail. They sent back the PIO card in 1 1/2 weeks - real fast!

Just wondering why some of you opted to go PIO instead of OIC (I know the OIC is currently suspended but hopefully it will resume soon).

Thanks
Rahul

OIC Vs. PIO

When implemented, OIC will be a better deal than PIO. In the meantime, tourist visa is fine, unless someone has a great need for employment/education/real-estate purchase.

Rahul Kumar said:
Just wondering why some of you opted to go PIO instead of OIC (I know the OIC is currently suspended but hopefully it will resume soon).

Thanks
Rahul
I am planning to go there and may stay there for a while & may need to work/business or buy property. So I thought PIO wud be better choice for me than visa. Sick of waiting for OIC :mad: but will get it once its available and they think the forms are stabilized (Who knows they may never find the right format for forms :rolleyes: )