anyone got New Zealand visa?

ianyu

Registered Users (C)
hello all,

would anyone who got a New Zealand visa share their experience please?

I am interested in going to NZ from Australia where I am now, to visit and to extend my australian visa there. any commenst on how long it took and what was required to get a visa, would be very appreciated.

NSC is really slow lately!:))

ianyu

http://www.talkcanhelp.com

Last edited by a moderator:
ianyu said:
hello all,

would anyone who got a New Zealand visa share their experience please?

I am interested in going to NZ from Australia where I am now, to visit and to extend my australian visa there. any commenst on how long it took and what was required to get a visa, would be very appreciated.

NSC is really slow lately!:))

ianyu

Do you plan to ever come home and live a normal life? :p You applied for asylum to be safe & start a life in U.S hopefully. So why risk it by being out of country unless its an emergency which needs your special attention.

Not being critical but you have the privilege to start & create a good life in United States. Millions will die to have your status, why risk it with what you are doing?

Just my 0.05 cents.

hi

wmgcn,I am travelling and staying within my RTD dates. is there anything illegal with that? besides, did you ever get a nz visa or not?:) please advise me if you have:) I appreciate your concern. I live in the US for a decade, have a business and a life there but also like to act on my rights to travel and be free.America offers that even to asylees and I like to use the offer.I fought for my asylum fiercely, had it denied and won it second time around. But CIS takes years to move. I don't have two youths but one and like to see the world also before I retire in Boca Raton:)

ianyu

http://www.talkcanhelp.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Ianyu,

Just make sure you are not stuck outside without a valid document. As to NZ. I travelled to australia few years back and my flight stopped in NZ. I just went to police control and they let me in without any problems.

I had multiple entry visa to Australia for the duration of my RTD validity. When I exited out of Australia, they treated me as a U.S Citizen. When I stopped in NZ, I had 10 hours of wait so I thought of visiting a friend who lives in NZ. I went to police control and explained them that I wanted to visit a friend and she is a NZ citizen.

They let me in without any issues. They treated my RTD as a U.S passport and I was very surprised as to the way I was treated(with respect) at Immigration control.

You can go to the local AUS immigration or even NZ embassy and they may write you a letter that you can travel to NZ without a visa.

hi

your experience seems like an accident. do you know if it is written anywhere that RTDs don't need visa. i searched the web but to no avail:(

does RTD have to be valid for at least three more months or something like that.....

thanks for your advice

ianyu

Aussie and NZ

As far as I know if you have PR status for either Australia or NZ and you land on the other country you'll automatically get the PR status of the NZ or Australia. For example if you Australian PR and land in NZ, NZ will give you PR status automatically and vice versa. I know that. I know that is not the question here but if we apply the same logic here, you should be able to go to NZ with your valid Australian visa. I suggest you call NZ consulate and tell them that you have a valid visa for Aus and in Aus right now and ask them if you'd require to get a visitor visa. I bet you they are gonna tell you that you don't need one. Even if you do, it should be a piece of cake to get an NZ visa from their Consulate in Australia.
Good luck.

hi

hi,

it depends on nationality. i was told today i needed a visa, it shuld take up to two weks it seems. i will report again if and once i get it:)
thx for the answers
ianyu