Anyone get their PCC in India? Need help!

sudden

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am currently in India waiting for my appointment call from the Chennai consulate. In the meanwhile, I thought I'd get my PCC stuff out of the way. I managed to get one from the police commissioner's office, but I am not sure how to go about getting one from the passport office. Has anybody been through this? Would appreciate any help at all in this regard.

Thanks.

My wife is getting her PCC from Passport office in Hyderabad. It is simple process. Just get the form from the Passport Office and fill it up and pay the required fees and submit the form at the passport office, U should be getting in a day or two based upon ur contacts and some money. My wife is getting the PCC in two days. Hope this helps.

RKReddy

Originally posted by sudden
Hi,

I am currently in India waiting for my appointment call from the Chennai consulate. In the meanwhile, I thought I'd get my PCC stuff out of the way. I managed to get one from the police commissioner's office, but I am not sure how to go about getting one from the passport office. Has anybody been through this? Would appreciate any help at all in this regard.

Thanks.

I got PCC from Hyderabad passport office this week, and it is a simple process. You have to use the "miscellaneous services" form, which you can get from the PP office. You can also download it from http://passport.nic.in/vspassport/ppforms.htm

The fee is Rs.300, and you just need to enclose two copies of your passport (first four and last four pages). No more enclosures. They asked me to collect the passport and PCC next day. I was surprised that the passport office gave me two copies of PCC. The official who called my name said, "you're going to US. Ok. You get two copies of PCC". He sounded as if he certainly know that the US immigration process requires two PCCs (from passport office). I don't know if Chennai consulate need two copies of PCC, but heck, I didn't care, because I paid only Rs.300, same as others who got only one copy of PCC. Others, as I understand, are potential immigrants of Canada, NZ, Australia.

Anybody know why we need two copies of (passport office) PCCs?

Hello Sudden,
Just go to Bangalore passport office and ask for the form,fill it along with passport details, it is said that u will get the certificate in 5 working days.

whats your contact # or email, i am in Bangalore too, i can call u.

thanks

Many thanks to all the responses. Will check out with the Bangalore passport office. I tried to get mine done through my travel agent, who gave me a total of about 16 forms for myself and my wife! Probably because our passports were actually issued by the CG in San Francisco. Will just try with the regular "miscellaneous services" form.

Hi,
did anyone try to get PCC from bangalore police station?
Please do reply.
If so how to get it

Thanx
newchennai

Hi,

I got my PCC from the Bangalore police station. It was a relatively painless process. I went to Frazer town police station - they told me I need to apply for it at the police commissioner's office (on Infrantry Road). I went there (you need to go to the foreign services section which is immediately on your right as you enter the commissioner's office compound) - I took my passport photocopies as well as my house lease agreement photocopies - you just need to submit these and you will be asked to wait for a while for some officer to see your application and sign on it, upon which it gets sent to your local police station (Frazer town in my case) in a day or two. The writer from your local police station will come to your house for verification and then send the verification to the commissioner's office from where you can pick up the PCC in a couple of days after the writer visits your house. The whole thing should not take more than 5 days max. Hope this helps.

Sudden

I got my PCC from Chennai passportoffice.

The procedure is very simple appply using the miscellaneous services form with 2 photo's and 300 Rs.
I got it in 2 hrs within same day. ( No influence or bribe ).

They didnt asked for any other proofs as my passport was issued 3 years back from the same passport office.

For me also they gave 2 copies. But it didnt had any word about the period of stay or copy of my photo in it.