Anyone from Northern Virginia, DO: Wash, DC?

gc-thro-spouse

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone from Northern Virginia (district office: Wash, DC) filed for their GC recently? It seems that the application processing is extremely slow. I received my I-485 finger print notice 2 months after I filed. Am wondering if cases from this area are being scrutinized more after scam marriages were exposed here a few months ago? Please share your timelines.
Thanks.

Worst in the nation...

gc-thro-spouse said:
Has anyone from Northern Virginia (district office: Wash, DC) filed for their GC recently? It seems that the application processing is extremely slow. I received my I-485 finger print notice 2 months after I filed. Am wondering if cases from this area are being scrutinized more after scam marriages were exposed here a few months ago? Please share your timelines.
Thanks.

GC,

Wash, DC and NV are some of the slowest processing offices in the nation. Also, the exposing of Arlington marriage scam and now the citizenship scam in Fairfax doesn't help anyone who has been applying for immigration benefits via those offices. :D

I wonder what they gonna fine next, bears selling greencard for a senior immigration official in VA? :confused: It seems as if it took longer for you to get a FP notice, on average it takes most people about 2-16 days from the time they receive NOA receipts, to the time they receive NOA for FP. However, those aren't standard bearers, but fortunate people who are in DO that has it together.. ;) As for Wash, DC and Northern VA, doomed because of greedy people who have an unhealthy affinity to break the laws... :mad:

gc-thro-spouse said:
Thanks.

Hello, you can find the other similiar thread about the timeline in this DO. We had some inputs there.

I got my FP notice a little over a month after filing and will be heading to the Alexandria, VA ASC for it next week. Could be better, could be worse.

i went to the infopass yesterday and was told my name check was pending. As long as it is cleared, they will send me the interview letter. I am not sure if all the people in DC area got interview letter only after the name check is finished before?

It appears DC is the SLOWEST of all. My lawyer mentioned that it is taking about 6 months to 1 year for the interviews. sundar_shi, can you please tell which visa are you currently in and from which country?